Information on romance scams and scammers.
#357083 by Fernando10110 Wed Feb 28, 2018 7:33 am
My mother has met a man on google hangouts named David mills he supposely a us military officer based in syria but the weird thing is that he asking her to take power of attorney for him and asking her to take his belongings while he is deployed a courier company that goes by dflexpress delivery company is asking for documents showing that she has power of attorney of him so they can send her the consignment box that is waiting for her and the lawyer named Dennis moore is asking for $1900 to process all the paper work and send it to her in the mail stating she has power of attorney so im not sure what i should do to stop this as my this does not seem right to me

Has anybody else experienced something similar to this situation?
Advertisement

#357090 by AlanJones Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:25 am
It's a scam and the person she is talking to is not a member of the US Military, but a lazy scammer who earns his living stealing from people online. Any money your mother sends will be going to a useless criminal and will be lost.

You can find more information on military scams here viewtopic.php?f=13&t=6527

If you can post some more details about the soldier (email address, telephone number, Facebook profile etc, websites), the courier company and the fake lawyer, then we can give you more evidence to show your mother that she is being scammed.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#357094 by Fernando10110 Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:01 am
here is the email from the delivery company

Hello Madam,

Thank you for getting in touch with us, after running a check on our system with the Reference number you provided to us we have been able to confirm that the said consignment box is with us, and we are glad to assist you further in making a safe delivery to you provided.

1.You have been given the "Power of Attorney" by David Mills, which we will need a copy of the said "Power of Attorney".

2.You will provide us with a copy of a government issued ID card or international passport.

3.You follow all instructions that will be given to you to ensure no mistakes is encounter.

You will be provided our delivery form once we have received a copy of the power of attorney and a copy of your government Issued ID card sent or international passport.If you have any other question we will be glad to assist you further waiting for your prompt response.

Warm regards,
Morgan Boris
Head of information
DFLEXPRESSDELIVERY

they are using the email [email protected]
#357095 by Fernando10110 Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:06 am
here is the email from the lawyer supposedly

Dear Madam,

Thank you for your email. Of course, we can process a Power of Attorney document for you from the court of Law on behalf of David.

The cost is as follows:

Registration and Filling - $150
Power of Attorney(doc) - $115
Supreme Court Stamp - $285
Clerk Stamp - $275
Clerk Fees - $650
Attorney Fees - $500

Total $1,975.00

If you can make the money available before Midday today, I can try as much as I can to deliver the document to you before the close of work today so that you can take your time to go through it before signing and get it to me for stamping tomorrow.

Please let me know as soon as you are ready with the money so that I can give you further instructions on how to make payment, if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to write me and I will put you through.

Yours Sincerely,
Barr. Dennis Moore.

Get Outlook for iOS

using email [email protected]
#357097 by AlanJones Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:19 am
[email protected] & [email protected] are both free email addresses. Legitimate businesses would have their own domains and email addresses on those domains, not be using free addresses.

Also, couriers deliver things, they have no interest in things like power of attorney. The sender pays them to deliver the items and they deliver them to the recipient. Only in a scammer's deluded mind are there fees to be paid by the recipient.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#371244 by malu53 Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:47 am
email address leads to a profile on Skype

Skype ID: live: barrdennymoore
Name: Barrister Dennis Moore

pic is photoshopped
body from here
dealbook.nytimes.com/2014/11/21/taubman-hires-top-sports-banker/
Paul J. Taubman