Information on romance scams and scammers.
#357189 by funnygirl27 Thu Mar 01, 2018 7:27 am
Hi All,
I have some discussion with one guy, who is using name of Garry Dean Alberto. He contacted me on FB. It was clear from the beginning that he is a scammer. He told that he is working for US Army for 19 years, currently in Aphganistan, close to pension. He has one son, Brady who is in US in school, 15 years old and he is widow. He is from San Francisco. He has sent me pictures as well, I have saved them if you need that (of course some handsome american guy with nice smile).
He tried to ask money several time, I had rejected his requests and I gave an opportunity to step out from this story, but he was not enough clever to do it. He behave as he would be a real person. So, I have played a game with him and his final request was to ask for him an immediate leave request from Admin Dept in order to be with me and get married (unbelievable!) because he fall in love in me (hahaha). I went trough the entire correspondence, because I would like to have all information regards to them.
So, I had to file the request to this email address which is fake: [email protected] :
UNITED STATE DEPARTMENT OF DEFENSE
Department overview:
Formed September 18, 1947; 70 years ago
(as National Military Establishment)
Headquarters: The Pentagon
Arlington County, Virginia, US
Department executives:
James Mattis, Secretary.
Patrick M. Shanahan, Deputy Secretary.
In the first email they have sent 10 points as a conditions, what I have to specifically accept. In the second letter they wrote what kind of travelling option could be choosen for my 'Fiancee'.
And in the 3rd letter they have sent the payment details, where they are expecting my payment.
Now I stopped here and I just want to share all information to be available for others as well:
Here the final answer what I received yesterday:

UNITED STATE DEPARTMENT OF DEFENSE

Department overview:
Formed September 18, 1947; 70 years ago
(as National Military Establishment)
Headquarters: The Pentagon
Arlington County, Virginia, US
Department executives:
James Mattis, Secretary.
Patrick M. Shanahan, Deputy Secretary.

The Department of Defense is an executive branch department of the federal government of the United States charged with coordinating and supervising all agencies and functions of the government concerned directly with national security and the United States Armed Forces.

Hello XXX,
We received your email in regards to the immediate leave of Lt. Garry Dean Alberto, and we are glad that you have choosen one from the available flight agencies, First class, United Arab Emirates, one stop $5,200.Madam we understand the reasons for your immediate leave of Lt. Garry Dean Alberto, and we have promise to make it easy and fast because Lt. Garry Dean Alberto is a long serving officer and has been in Afghanistan since 2014, so you are to pay the $5,200 for his round trip ticket to this following account.

ACCOUNT NAME: Archam Dylan
ACCOUNT NUMBER: 334050467406
ROUTING NUMBER: 026009593
BANK NAME: Bank of America
ACCOUNT TYPE: Checking
SWIFT CODE: BOFUS3N
ADDRESS: 1430 Roswell Road, Marietta, GA 30062

Noted - AJ

Once this payment is done he will be granted the leave letter and a departure date to leave the camp,Note" the secrecy of all military transactions should be upheld at all times, On no account should they be revealed.

From Department executives.
James Mattis,
Secretary

I hope I have provided all details.
Take care and simple reject any friend request from him if he approach you.

And sorry for my English, I am not a native speaker, I hope it was understandable what I wrote above.
Br.,
Advertisement

#357214 by AlanJones Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:27 am
Thanks for posting. As you realised, it's a scam. [email protected] is a free email address and not an official US Military one and the military never pay for leave, it is earned just like any other employee would accumulate leave.

The best thing to do is totally block this fake soldier and stop responding. Don't accuse him of being a scammer, as he will just deny it. Just disappear and leave him wondering what went wrong.

Please also post the fake soldier's email address etc as other victims may be searching for them.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#359607 by funnygirl27 Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:28 am
Hi, I need some urgent help.
In my post I have mentioned this guy. Now he return and threaten me that he will blackmailing me and urgently I have to pay 1000 USD and pay his airplain ticket usd 5.200. He treathen me that he will send photos and emails to my employer and contact and share my certain photos in FB and contact my close relatives. He is very pushy and I am really scarry now. I do not know what shall I do. Where and whom I am able to report that? I want to stop him forever. and yes, you are right, I was stupid. I know, I would not have to share with him any photo but at the beginning I was really blind and foolish. Please help me!! Thank you
#359608 by AlanJones Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:34 am
Just ignore him and report it to your local police.

If you had done as I suggested and totally blocked him, he wouldn't be able to threaten you - because you continue to interact with him, he now thinks he can blackmail you - sending photos to your friends and employers gains him nothing as all he really cares about is stealing your money.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.