Information on romance scams and scammers.
#357209 by Rich48127 Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:06 am
Met a great US Army office on a gay chat website. He send many wonderful pictures of the base and himself.. along with other soldiers. He asked me to write to [email protected] to help him with leave. So I wrote the letter and got this reply:
(It was shocking. I did many research and was not expecting this.)
Thought from anyone?
Thanks

Dear ,
I acknowledge receipt of your details. However, You need to specify the duration of the leave, This is to ensure that Sergeant Smith Anthony leaves and returns to camp as at when due. The leave duration is usually between 3 to 6 months..The following may serve as a guide to help you make a choice of leave duration. You are to make a payment to this effect.

6 months leave ------- $8000(eight thousand USD)
3 months leave ------- $5000(five thousand USD)

Hence the deployed leaves the camp 48 hours after confirmation of payment .
Note: There is a money back guarantee form when the deployed returns back to camp and the payment covers the visa application fee and travel expenses.

Waiting for your swift response,

Best regards
Clinton James
Army admin officer
Last edited by AlanJones on Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:22 am, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Split from unrelated topic and added quotes for clarity
Advertisement

#357212 by AlanJones Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:24 am
It's a scam. [email protected] is a free email address and not an official US Military one and the military never pay for leave, it is earned just like any other employee would accumulate leave.

The best thing to do is totally block this fake soldier and stop responding. Don't accuse him of being a scammer, as he will just deny it. Just disappear and leave him wondering what went wrong.

Please also post the fake soldier's name, email address etc as other victims may be searching for them.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#358564 by Rich48127 Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:56 am
Here the information he send me via email to send payment for his leave
Account name: Sayra Nunez
Routing number: 063104668
Account number: 0263737000
Bank name: Regions Bank
Bank address: 2700 NE 8th Street, Homestead, FL