Information on romance scams and scammers.
#357808 by claire.box21 Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:19 pm
I've been foolish & dam right stupid to be taken in by Ts2 communications department after talking to what I believed to be someone in British army & paid £475 to enable me to have secure communication with & was 23rd I could get refund at any time. After a little research which I should have done througherly I've discovered I've been had over. What can I do?
Advertisement

#357810 by AlanJones Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:44 pm
Unfortunately, the money that you sent is almost certainly gone. If you sent it by Moneygram/Western Union then take to them and see if the money has already been collected.

Please post the full details (name/rank/email address/telephone number) of the fake soldier and also the details of the person you were referred to and the text of the email requesting the payment, as the scammer's other victims may be searching for them.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#357924 by claire.box21 Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:27 pm
The person was supposingly Greth Winfield, was on silverdating.com, claimed to be a Captain in British Army on peace mission in Afghanistan. He told me to email to request secure phone communication to [email protected]
Email was replied by TS2 communications department
Bank transfer was to A J Owen
#364894 by cr12345 Thu May 17, 2018 10:14 am
Hi, thanks for posting this, I am currently talking on WhatsApp to the same guy and have reported him to the fraud squad. Can give you the phone number he gave me and also the reference number for the report if you like? He hasn’t asked for any money yet but he is very suspicious the way he writes and I’m fully expecting him to...