Information on romance scams and scammers.
#358540 by badliar Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:21 am
A few days ago, I received an email from a person named Colonel Edward Robert, who contacted me via skype, saying that it sent me a box of $ 800,000 through the courier delivery company of the UN in Afghanistan. His claimed that he is an US soldier currently serving in Afghanistan in peacekeeping mission, a widow man and he is gonna retire this March. His son named John. He sent me emails with his private information and some of his photos that are very real. After 3 weeks talking to each other. We usually talk and email to each other with loving words and i truly love him. In addition, he made me totally believe when he called me via webcam and showed me his face. I could see him and his face on webcam and the face in his photos is the same. I also did send him a lot of my photos and some of my private information. 2 weeks ago he said he got a big money from his mission and wanted me to help him keep it until he comes to me in my country. He said that money is known by us two only. That the agent who was carrying that amount to me requested a big money for custom negotiation got me doubt about this man.
Here is the headers & contents the first email from him to me :
Received: from AM5PR0202MB2577.eurprd02.prod.outlook.com (10.152.12.60) by VE1EUR02FT040.mail.protection.outlook.com (10.152.13.217) with Microsoft SMTP Server (version=TLS1_2, cipher=TLS_ECDHE_RSA_WITH_AES_128_CBC_SHA256_P256) id 15.20.485.12 via Frontend Transport; Sat, 17 Feb 2018 08:38:17 +0000
Received: from AM5PR0202MB2577.eurprd02.prod.outlook.com ([fe80::5541:9a50:a215:10c0]) by AM5PR0202MB2577.eurprd02.prod.outlook.com ([fe80::5541:9a50:a215:10c0%18]) with mapi id 15.20.0506.021; Sat, 17 Feb 2018 08:38:17 +0000
Good day my dear, How are you? hope you are fine and doing well at the moment . Thanks for your time talking to me then on Skype. Here in Afghanistan and war zone life is difficult for all of us and we are deprived of so many things here. Once again, my name is Colonel Edward Robert, but you can call me Edward as i was being called in the army. I am a U.S. soldier currently serving in Afghanistan in the military with the army 's 3rd infantry division for a peacekeeping mission.. I am a 45 years old widower, but you know age is just a number.
Thank you for offering me your hand in friendship. I like being around people who love and respect life and are motivated to continue to meet new goal. As I told you, I 'm from Arizona United States of America. I have a son named John and he is 10 years and he is currently schooling in the London, I sent him there after the death of my wife, since there is no .one to care of him. My wife died in a plane crash 5 years ago. My parents are late and I am the only child of my parents

am in service for 22 years and now have less than three weeks, my mission will end here then i will retired.... I am a romantic man, careering father and how well you see my dear life in a friend is someone who is the long way to jump, if you do not want to go around and I understand that there is no distance of place or extinction of time can reduce the friendship of those who are thoroughly persuaded of each other value.. I'm adventurous and enjoy weekend trips. I love nature, I like to see the ocean and hear the waves. But I also like spending time at home relaxing by the pool, reading, cooking and listening to classical music. I'm easy going and forward about my feelings for the special person. A man who values having fun donating to charity I am always eager to explore new things, but also cherish quiet, intimate moments during dinner parties, walking in the sand along the beach. I enjoy a great sense of humor, because I have great sense of humor and an inviting smile. I like to laugh a lot.
This is to tell you more about me. God knows I need a hug and I know there is someone out there who has made God to bless me with your love and your life as I am going to give in exchange my life and love. I am a fun loving, God fearing, descent, with a good moral attitude and a loving heart, I'm a very happy person and I always like friends that are transparent and frank..... why I hate liars and deceptions . My parents passed away and I am the only child of my parents, as I told you, I have a son named John and he is currently schooling in the London. I would like to know more about you. What are the most important things that matter to you in friendship? Name the most important traits of 5 characters that you want this person have? If that person has similar interests, lifestyle or does not matter?. love you,kiss

Here is the headers & contents the last email from him to me :
Received: from AM5PR0202MB2577.eurprd02.prod.outlook.com ([fe80::2874:138c:4d85:2994]) by AM5PR0202MB2577.eurprd02.prod.outlook.com ([fe80::2874:138c:4d85:2994%5]) with mapi id 15.20.0567.017; Sun, 11 Mar 2018 02:42:37 +0000
Subject: HONEY I NEED YOUR HELP NOW
Thread-Topic: HONEY I NEED YOUR HELP NOW
Thread-Index: AQHTuOKH8Fr/FYFD4U+dRS7Pv29Igg==
Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2018 02:42:37 +0000
Good morning my wife ,i am very happy to see your reply, i really need your help right now,i am in a deep pains my dear, i sustained serious injury during the shoot out with the enemies,and right now am in the military hospital here Kabul and as a result of this, i can't take care of my personal documents, and my military medals in the camp because of my condition here. You know you are the only one i have now even though it is not long i met you but i trust you in this short period because i know you are sincere,honest and truthful . I want to send my personal documents and my military medals to you so that you keep it safe for me till i come to Vietnam okay? i hope you understand me my love? My love , why i am sending this important things to you is because it is not save to keep it in the camp anymore as other soldiers may steal it while i am in the hospital and i have the feelings that Terrorist (ISIS) will attack our camp due to some of their members who were arrested and i do not want to loose any of my important things because i am in the military hospital here. I want to put my documents and my medals in a box and send it to you through a United Nations approved diplomatic immunity courier delivery company here in Kabul Afghanistan.I will go and register it officially when doctor finish giving me medical attention today. Also, I come to conclusion, in the respect of our relationship, our honest and sincerity to each other and i strongly believe that my treasure and my life are safe in your hands. Meanwhile, I want you to send me all this information to enable me give the courier delivering company that will deliver the box to you. Always pray for my quick recovery. (1) Your Full name............... (2) House Address.............. (3) Telephone number.................. (4)Email address.................... Take care Always me, Edward.

This following is the fake courier information:
On Mar 11, 2018 2:00 PM, "UN COURIER DELIVERY SERVICES" <
[email protected]> wrote:

(Federal Government of United State Of American Approved Diplomatic Courier
Co.)
Head/Corporate Office: 3962 Anahiem DR 3962 Anahiem Street, Bsarlbbx Kabul
Afghanistan.

*AIR FREIGHT *OCEAN CARGO *CARGO MOVEMENT *REPACKAGING *CONTAINERIZATION
*WAREHOUSING *CONSOLIDATION
REF: 3573GMCC PRIORITY: *** DATE:11/3/2018

Diplomat Steven Watson
UN COURIER COMPANY

(Federal Government of United State Of American Approved Diplomatic Courier Co.)
Head/Corporate Office: 3962 Anahiem DR 3962 Anahiem Street, Bsarlbbx Kabul Afghanistan.

*AIR FREIGHT *OCEAN CARGO *CARGO MOVEMENT *REPACKAGING *CONTAINERIZATION *WAREHOUSING *CONSOLIDATION
REF: 3573GMCC PRIORITY: *** DATE:11/3/2018

Diplomat Steven Watson
UN COURIER COMPANY

My name is Agent Steven Watson a diplomat from UN conference in Afghanistan.I was sent by Col. Edward Robert, your husband ,a package for you in Vietnam, your address that I have and I want you to cross-check as soon as possible to avoid any mistake.
I have attached my work ID here so that you will identify me when i come to Vietnam.

Meanwhile, my flight will leave tonight,I will report back to you as soon as we arrive in Vietnam tomorrow morning.

Sincerely,
Diplomat
Steven Watson

UN Delivery Agent,
Afghanistan.

And the last email the agent sent me for the package I refused to pay for receiving :

Attention :

I want to inform you that i have secured those certificates required and the Police Chief with the Customs have endorsed the certificates too but they insisted that AFFIDAVIT OF CLAIM must be obtained from supreme peoples court of vietnam. Please i need to secure the AFFIDAVIT OF CLAIM so that the box will come out unexamined.

The police head and the custom said that it is Constitutional to obtain AFFIDAVIT OF CLAIM from the Supreme People's Court of Vietnam. The police head here in Hanoi City Vietnam insisted that the AFFIDAVIT OF CLAIM must be secure at rate of 150,930,250.00 Vietnamese Dong . The police head warned that failure to secure the AFFIDAVIT OF CLAIM from Supreme People's Court of Vietnam, the box will be scanned and if the contents of the box are illegal you will be arrested in accordance with Vietnam Law.

However, I have arranged a lawyer to represent you at the Court of Law to secure the AFFIDAVIT OF CLAIM in your favor. Lawyer is going to meet with the Chief judge Truong Hoa Binh to discuss on how to get the AFFIDAVIT OF CLAIM from the Supreme People's Court of Vietnam. I urge you to use the same account number below which was given to me to deposit the money immidiately so that the AFFIDAVIT OF CLAIM will be ready at the Court.

Note that I have secured all the necessary certificates and the moment the Court issue the AFFIDAVIT OF CLAIM,the box will be released. I assure you that everything will be settled as soon as the AFFIDAVIT OF CLAIM is secured. Here is the account number below.
Send me payment slip after deposit.

Account number: 17910000042448
Account name: LE THI ANH DAO
Bank Address: Dia chi : Toa nha Van phong Lo S, Khu so 9, Quov lo 50, xa Binh Hung, Huyen Binh Chanh , TP. HMM
Swift code:BIDVVNVX
Bank Name BIDV
Noted - AJ

Sincerely,
Diplomat
Steven Watson
UN Delivery Agent
Afghanistan.

Removed unwatermarked photos - AJ
Last edited by AlanJones on Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:32 am, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Split from unrelated topic and added quotes for clarity
Advertisement

#358541 by AlanJones Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:39 am
Thanks for posting the details of this scammer. The best thing to do is totally block them and not respond any further. Don't accuse him of being a scammer, he will just deny it and carry on trying to scam you.

Pictures used

For the bots - Fake soldier - Edward Robert - [email protected]
Fake courier - Steven Watson - [email protected]

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#358542 by badliar Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:49 am
Thanks for your support to me. I am very anxious to provide some information and send a copy of my passport to them. I do not know what to do now?
#358543 by AlanJones Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:01 am
If you just disappear then the scammer will give up on you and go looking for his next victim. Just ignore any emails from him or anyone writing about him.

You should report the fact that your passport has been sent to a criminal to the department that issued it and see what they advise.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.