Information on romance scams and scammers.
#46966 by Zapmaster Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:48 pm
A friend of mine was contacted via a dating site by this mugu. These are the emails I have been given by said friend; she was warned on Friday night late and by Saturday midday was fully aware and stringing him along on chat until I could get something together to bait him with.

He uses the name "Brian Ramos Smith". His documents can be found in the Fake Documents file, posted by me.

Photos will follow.

Date: 01/31/11 19:53:27
To: *****@bigpond.com
Subject: Hello this is Brian

Am Brian Ramos Smith,Am 48yrs old....
Baby out of my own decision i have decided to put some words down for you so i
thought i will be 100% open and honest with you ....I want to tell you a little
about me..my dad is from Arizona ,my mom is from United Kingdom..I lived my earlier life in
United Kingdom with my parents and my lil sisters but when i was 13 years old i lost the
entire member of my family left alone with me and my sister to an Auto crash. It
was a very big shock for me as a kid but my moms parent really helped me to grow
so and they took care of me like i am their kids.My grand father was a really
great man and he thought me to be the man i am today.To some extent i can say i
am a good man and i don't think anyone will ever complain about me. Like my
Grand father used to say then, "experiences don't kill you,it makes you
stronger" Life for me has been so hard and i have been through a lot in
life.Having lost my family as such a young age it was just so difficult for me
but i did move and i have God and my grand parents to thank for that,I have
always believed that when there is life there is hope.

A couple of years after moving in with my grand parents,they moved to Cape Town
in South Africa where they own a personal construction company,It was during the
years of Apartheid and South Africa wasn't the best place to live at that time
but i did live there and i had a good growing years. After my Secondary /High
school we moved back to the united states. I entered the military through
Officer Training School in 1991, after receiving a degree in electrical
engineering from the University of Tennessee and having a certificate in
piloting,also attended the United States Military Academy at West Point.I have
commanded a fighter squadron,a specialized undergraduate pilot training group, a
fighter wing and an air expeditionary wing.I have also held leadership positions
on an operations crew,flight,training,standardization and evaluations, and
current operations.I have maintained combat mission ready status as an
instructor/evaluator in the battle
management,surveillance,identification,emergency actions,and data link
operations areas,supported the joint and coalition mission in Iraq with
expeditionary assignments to Baghdad International Airport,Balad Air Base and Al
Asad AB.I was the command senior sergeant for the 460th Space Wing at beale Air
Force Base,CA,before being deployed to Iraq and now redeployed to Afghanistan.

I met Kim alice my late wife in AZ in 95,I went to Miami for Vacation and we got
to meet,we became friends and soon we became lover.We were so in love,she made
me feel so happy and special.I am the kind of man that trust his Intuition so i
decided that i need no other woman but her and we got married in 96.She was
from Edinburgh in UK and after getting married to her we moved over to
Nashville,Tennessee.We had a really good life together and she was my life and
everything that matters.I loved her and she loved me.We had what you will call a
perfect relationship and we were so happy together.

Late 1998 my grand mother died and just about a 7 month later Jun 1999 i lost
my grand father too living me with with my sister on the surface of the
earth.His death was more of boredom and loneliness he simply didn't want to live
anymore since he lost my grand mother.They were happy together for 50 years.And
i really think i can understand that it was so hard for him to move with
life.After his death i lost something very important as he was my Role
Model,closest friend and i always went to him for advise.1999 Kim gave me the
best gift of my life,She gave me Sam i was the happiest man walking the earth on
that day.But this joy wasn't met to last as forever as Kim was diagnosed of
Terminal cancer in 2003.A battle that we fought for months,watching her die was
the worst thing that ever happened to me,Watching the one that you love go by
the day wasn't the easiest thing to do.

After 11 months she died leaving behind Sam and I.It was a very terrible thing
to go through in life,I felt it was the end of life and the world.I thought that
i had no reason to live for but when i look at Sam i certainly think i
have thousand reason to want to see the next day.I had to take care of Sam all
by myself.I had a miserable life and lonely life.Bringing up the my child alone
wasn't easy especially with the kind of my job.
After my term in here i have plans to move permanent to a good and standard
location so that i can bring my kid nearer to where i am.I have got plans to
retire after and hopefully i will set up an Engineering Company of my own. My
friend met his partner on the dating site and he was the one that encouraged me
to join this dating site.They have got a really happy life together now.Though
he is back in Afghanistan now, she is in the US and they have got a good life
together.My life hasn't been the best of life's but i can look back and say that all that
have happened to me in the past has helped me to be a better person.I will be
looking forward to get to know more about you.I just want you to know the man
that i am,I am not that kind of man that has all his interest on the outside
beauty.I feel its so important for the woman i will be with to have a good
heart,good family value,true love and honest too.That is what i call the inner
beauty which matter so much to me.I love the simple things of life like watching the sunset and walking and
holding hands with my special one by the beach.I love to swim and i try to keep
fit.All i want is to be with that woman that will share some much together.I
am not asking for too much.Just to be happy with the right woman.Hope this will
not change your mind against me and i will be looking forward to read from you
soon..I feel completely ready to move forward with life now and i am glad i did
join the dating site as that's where i have met the woman that has touch my
heart.

Cheer
Brian

Date: 31/01/2011 11:44:15 PM
To: ***** *****
Subject: HELLO

Hello ANNE,

Thanks for the mail.How was your day going?I want you to know that immediately i got your email my feelings turn over on you and it seems you are the right woman which i have been searching for to bring back the smile which i use to smile when my dad was still alive,For a good relationship to grow we need to trust each other and be honest with each other to achieve what we want to achieve well i am seeking for woman which will be the flesh to my flesh and also the bone to my bone,It's true I have never seen you and we have never met,Never shaken Hands or even truly hugged and yet!I know for sure you care for me by the kindness that you give.And our keyboards keep us together doesn't matter where we live.So I am emailing you to put a smile on your face and to let you know in my heart you have a special place.The sun is always shining just above the cloudy haze,as we share friendship across an online maze.We express love and kindness without a face.It comes from deep inside our hearts from a special place.Within our lives we share special dreams,unusual and unique,and it is with our keyboards that we speak.You are a friend of mine from the emails we exchange,I wouldn't know you on the street and it doesn't even seem strange.You have brightened my life with the thoughtfulness you show.Your words encourage me more than you could know.As people change and times keep changing too,one thing stays the same,the way I feel for you.For this friendship we possess we owe a world of gratitude and debt,because we would not know each other if it wasn't for the net,I will want you to tell me your feelings about me and what you think we can do to achieve our goal.Hope to hear from you soon.

Smiles,
BRIAN

Date: 11/02/2011 3:09:41 AM
Subject: MY LOVE

HELLO MY LOVE,

You're the sun behind the cloud,the page behind the book covers. Every part of you is sensational in every way shape and form. I trust in you like soap trusts water.If I was to jump a bridge I know you would be my wings to fly me to safety.If the world was a straight line,we would follow its every move.If the sea were a blanket we would sleep under it. If the clouds were birds we would fly into the sky. At night we would paint our name in the stars,then travel the moon and look down on earth.

As soon we lie next to each other in bed and sleep in each others arms we will see each other in our dreams. We would travel the world and see the glory of nature. The beautiful flowers in their radiant colors, the different colors of the sea, the wild animals as they live their life. And then silence... it's all gone for we wake up in each others arms, catching every second as we look at each other in our eyes, and catching every heartbeat that beats.

Loving you is easy because... you're the one for me. I trust you, I need you, I want you, and I know I have you. I love you, .

Forever and always,
BRIAN4ANNE

Date: 18/02/2011 6:02:35 AM
Subject: why are you doubting my love

Hello,i can't really believe you will be ever doubt my love for you again,as i really felt disappointed,but i want you to come online now and proof me wrong cos this really has hurt my feelings and emotions.how will you except me to conspire against you or even try to make a fool of you,honey i think thats the last thing i will ever do.but i cant believe you will say all this to me again after all we have been through,honey i must be candid you really hurt passionate feelings,but i want you to come online now and tell you how i felt,come online now and lets sort out the reef! though i really appreciate your effort but you don't have to come against me so insolent and creating unnecessary drama between us,anyway i will still love you for whom you are,i believe we are really meant for each other,i bet i will surpass your doubtiful mind and soonest be at your doorstep then you will really be speechless and shed the tears of joy in my warm arms. am waiting for you now online,ok Brian xxxx

Date: 02/18/11 06:32:12
To: *****@bigpond.com
Subject: URGENT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dear Ms Anne
All verification outcome are now sorted for the transit leave but pending his Traveling allowances to be secure until you make the Final standing Order payment which will be refunded by depositing into your account as soon as your payment is confirmed. Also the soldier replacing Ssgt Brian Smith has to be cleared from the war zone before transfer to Afghan. We request you to pay the total sum of four thousand dollars($4,000.00) into our finance department for the processing. All money spent will be refundable

Lt.Col Tom Joey

To: [email protected]
Sent: Sat, 19 February, 2011 5:46:49
Subject: ***** needs my computer

hope this if finding you safe. I am worried about you.
***** is using my email so I have access from here so we can keep corresponding.
I miss you heaps
all my love and more
anne

To: ***** ***** <*****[email protected]>
Sent: Fri, 18 February, 2011 11:00:20 PM
Subject: put your mind at ease,sweet

Sweet,am doing good and safe,am fine you don't have to bother now i want you to put your mind at ease.i will get online with you as soon as possible,i will let you know when am through with my work,ok. i have thoughts of you in heart here as well. am loving you more. Brian cares xxxxx

To: [email protected]
Sent: Sat, 19 February, 2011 6:28:28
Subject: am excited

hello love
I still havnt recieved any correspondence but await patently.
I have just had my new deep freeze arive and the air conditioning for my bedroom. I want it to be nice and cool for when we are making passionate love. I can hardly wait. I am so excited for when we are in each others arms.
I love you more each day
anne

She has since been warned.

To: ***** ***** <*****[email protected]>
Sent: Fri, 18 February, 2011 10:55:59 PM
Subject: Re: am excited

Sweetheart,i hope the admin will get to you soon.woooah the conditioner will make our passionate love fresh and crispy lol...i can't hardly wait to visualize this experience together with you,i really want to be in your warms arms too,we could cuddle and kiss each other,i can't just wait to do this to you,i believe everything will be good today,Anne!

i will love you everyday and a day more, Brian cares xxxx

As far as I know, the actual person in these photos is a real US soldier, but I do not believe that he is in any way connected with this scam. Far more likely, the pictures have been harvested off a blog or something similar, and are being used as cover. Note the photoshopped sign in the 'Anne' photo.

Advertisement

#47028 by nannygirl11 Sun Feb 20, 2011 4:55 pm
OMG!! I thought the emails I received were original...WOW...these people have no idea what Karma really is huh!! Can't wait till they find out...and soon...how disgusting and sad this is.. :evil:
Thanks for sharing these emails.
#47036 by beenscammed Sun Feb 20, 2011 8:43 pm
I have had exactly the same thing happen to me lately....i have all these pictures and more but the guy is calling himself Mitchell Ramos using [email protected]. I sussed what was going on eventually after 8 weeks of talking to him and he had proclaimed his love for me....i believed he was genuine as he said he was born in UK but had an american mum and got moved to the US with her when his parents separated at the age of 14. He said he was retiring and moving back to the UK after his deployment in afghanistan and also had a 14 yr old daughter living with an aunt here in the UK already. I did confront him about all these and he told me he was the real person in them and knew his pics were being used and that it was the army doing it on the internet to cover him cos of the high intelligence of his job...yeah right! I too was asked to request leave for him when his supposedly 3 month tour was ending...he gave the excuse he was to stay on a further 6 months as they had a shortage of troops and wanted to come home. I didnt know about the scams until i saw a news item on the news about them and what they do....he has not mentioned money until his 'general' did [email protected] was the email address i had to use asked me to send £850 for a liberty pass. He even claimed he was to be interrogated as to who i was as i had complained to them about them asking me for money!! I tracked all his mails, their mails, even his daughters mails and all showed as Nigeria, Libya, the UK and the US. He claimed this was that the army had to use different servers so the taliban couldnt trace where they were and they could come from anywhere. I told him this weekend i couldnt raise the money for him and he obviously is not happy now....he hasnt begged me to find it but has now said he dont think he can cope with not seeing me for 6 months and that im doubting his love for me now as that i had so many issues with him over the past few weeks which he didnt blame me for...i told him there is nothing else i can do and he will have to wait...lets see if he does...i eventually knew he was a scammer for definite too when i contacted some of the women on his MSN profile and they confirmed he had tried to scam them too. I know eventually he will stop coming online to chat once he realises im not backing down and no doubt he will move onto someone else....ive tried tracking down the real guy in these photos and left him mails on his social networks warning him..so many scammers are using this guys photos all under different aliases its just not fair on him...i so hope they get caught eventually and leave the poor guy alone! I hope this information helps others...
#47037 by nannygirl11 Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:39 pm
Thanks for your reply. "My" guy is actually a different individual...well at least his pictures are. They are of a younger man in his mid 30's, extremely handsome. I feel really bad that this poor innocent soldier in real life, has no idea that his pictures are being displayed all over the place and are being used in scams all over. I found his picture posted on another site and was floored at how many different sites and alias' he was using and email addresses he was going under, all to scam other women. Every dating site out there, you name it, he was on it with different names and different scams. Often found using "Magic Jack" for a land line with an American number which actually ended up being tied to a secret shopper line. When the numbers were checked out, they seemed to have been located in PA. And this individual has been using these pictures since 2008 till the current, to lure women. Totally disgusting sub-humans I call them.
#49041 by leegray36 Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:02 pm
He is now going by Tim Donnelly on Face book are you interested app. He tryed to scam me for $450 so he could get a liberty pass to come see me. I contacted the military and was informed it was a scam.

He gave me the same email address
#49281 by DMO1037406 Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:43 pm
I too received an yahoo messenger invite by this guy luckly I read this board before time and saw the picture I declined the invite. I found him on Are You Interested through facebook I reported his post.

Debra
#49368 by nannygirl11 Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:05 pm
I keep hearing more and more about these guys showing up on FB but whenever I search their names on there, nothing seems to appear. What is the Are you interested in?? I'm not sure I've ever heard of that.
#49527 by DMO1037406 Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:27 pm
nannygirl11 wrote:I keep hearing more and more about these guys showing up on FB but whenever I search their names on there, nothing seems to appear. What is the Are you interested in?? I'm not sure I've ever heard of that.

Are You Instrested is a Dating site I found it on FaceBook alot of these guys I met through it were basically scams
all in the Army with almost the same story. Since I reported most of them to the site I have not seen anyone of them on there. Some did have FB Accounts but most of them had emails throught Yahoo Messager. I had one accept me has a friend on FB but he quickly deleted his account.

Debra
#51366 by WOW100x Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:35 pm
WOW -- this guy is e-mailing me right now!! I just googled his name and brought me here. I am in shock...........now the question is what to do. Lead him on and play a little or tell him I am now informed!! Your thoughts?
#51367 by Dotti Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:44 pm
Welcome WOW!

It's not a good idea to play with him, because if he gets angry when he realizes you were playing with him, he may try to get back at you, and while he won't be showing up at your doorstep any time soon, he can still cause you some headaches. When we play with, or "bait" scammers, we do it using fake information for this very reason. (You can learn more about how we do this at our other site, 419eater.com, which is dedicated to baiting).

We don't recommend telling him you know, because it won't have any affect on his scamming (he won't decide to stop, he'll just move on to someone else) but it will make him more likely to create a new fake identity--and when he does that, the next victim won't be able to google his new name and find out the truth. For the same reason, we also discourage pointing out scammers' mistakes, as we don't want them to fix them for the next victim.

The best thing to do is just drop him. Stop answering his emails, don't answer any chat requests, etc.

Need to post photos? http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
Are you a victim of a romance scam? Read here for advice and FAQ's.
#52687 by historygeek72 Fri May 06, 2011 6:07 am
Hi, just now found this site using the images and names give to me by Eric Wesley Ramos. Told me he is in the Sudan, but can have no outside communication and he is very monitored due to his sensitive assignment. He found me on BBWCupid. I am going to contact them as well. They are very strict. I had a gut feeling yesterday when he told me he loved me after 5 days of very limited chatting. Immediately promising to take care of my kids, etc. Said he was divorced after 14 years of marriage. That she left him ruined. He had one son "Smith" who is 12. (There is a Facebook ID for a Smith Ramos, who also has a military pic, but not of the same guy) I was curious about his insignia in the pics. They are for a support unit, a Reserve Unit, from Iowa. He first had up he was from Georgia (said it was a site mistake)....etc. He has horrible spelling and grammar in chat...but wonderful, intelligent information on his profile.

So glad I found this site! I am a historian by education and research is my thing. When I could not find anyone matching his name in USAPeoplesearch...I knew something was up. Thank you and I hope this is my first and last experience of this kind.