Information on romance scams and scammers.
#364680 by kh5257 Tue May 15, 2018 12:58 pm
I fell victim to a romance scam, or what I recently learned about that he is actually a "catfish". I met him on the popular dating website; Plenty of Fish back in Jan. He initially had approached me. And within a few days had asked me if we could leave the site and start texting each other, and I had agreed. He told me that he lived in Dallas, Texas, but was originally from Poland. (He has a very thick accent, and at times was very difficult to understand.) T

oward the end of January, he had stated that he had to leave on a business trip to Malaysia, and would only be gone for 5 weeks.

Well at the end of Feb. he was still supposedly over there and told me that he was having problems getting his items from the port, and that he had forgotten his credit card back home. He had asked me if I could loan him some money, and once he got paid by his employers, that he would pay me back.

By mid Feb. he had already professed his love for me, and by the end of Feb. he was already starting to refer to me as "my wife". He had used many different terms of endurement. He was making me feel so very loved and special. By the end of Feb., we had exchanged many e-mails, he had written the most loving and beautiful e-mails that I had ever received from any man before. I'm 61 years old, and I recently got divorced last year. I deal with very low self-esteem and low self-confidence. So, anyway I had believed his story and had sent him $500.00 on March 1st. Things were still progressing between us at this point.

And toward the end of March he had asked me if I could send him more money in April, because he still needed more money, because the amount that he had was not enough to get his items from the port. In the mean time, he kept giving me all of these different sob stories as to why he did not have enough money to get all of his items from the port. He would also tell me how much he missed me, and how he could not wait to be with me. I sent him another $250.00 on April 1st. He was still calling me his wife, and he was still telling me "Love you more". and how he could not wait to be with me, etc...

On May 1st he had asked me yet for more money, and I finally had to tell him that I could not send him anymore money, and shortly after that, it was as if he became distant toward me. So anyway, I sent him an e-mail telling him that it just would not work out between us. And he simply said "Thank you, and I wish you the best"...

I was still feeling very deeply hurt by this guy, but had decided to go back on POF, and within a few days, was approached by this guy from Seattle, Wa. Now I live in NW Washington, so I thought that it would be nice to meet a guy who lives much closer to me. But. within a couple of days talking on this site, he wanted to talk away from POF. I agreed. Prior to leaving POF, he said that he preferred to communicate through Viber messaging. Anyway, we had started messaging through Viber. After a few days, the similarities between this new guy and the other guy seemed uncanny. But this new guy told me that he had fallen in love with me within a week of talking on Viber, and he was pretty much using the same terms of endurement that the 1st guy was using. But this new guy had lost his wife, and his son is in a boarding school. He had even sent me pics of him and his son. This new guy had told me that he was from Estonia. Things have been progressing really great. and I recently found myself falling very much in love with this new guy.

But within a week of messaging on Viber, he had to leave to go on a business trip to the Gulf of Mexico, and that he would be gone for about 2 weeks. But now, he has been telling me that he will be there until the end of May. Just the other day he had asked me if I could send him a $200.00 Amazon card, so that he can update the database on his computer. I had asked him why couldn't he go out and buy an amazon card, and he said that it wasn't that easy, so I asked him if he could use his credit card, he gave me an answer that I did not quite understand. But the reason as to why he could not go out and buy this card, was that he finally had told me that he had spent all of his money buying me a gift that he had supposedly already had sent to me.

At this point I had not agreed to buy him an amazon card, simply because I had told him that I would not have the money to do so until June 1st. So he said that he could wait until then. I so desperately want to believe this guy, but I am having some doubts, and I am beginning to believe that this guy is yet another "catfish".

Please tell me from what I have mentioned to you in this post, do you believe that this new guy is yet another romance scammer? or other wise known as a "catfish" ?? The grammar of both of these guys really is not all that great. And both of them have [Removed - AJ]...

This new guy and I have spoken over the phone, but it has only been through Viber. When I had asked him if we could video chat sometime, he gave me some excuse that we could do so when things slowed down at work. One thing that I do not understand, he has time to message me, and has time for a 20 minute conversation, but does not have time to video chat?
Last edited by Bryon Williams on Tue May 15, 2018 4:17 pm, edited 2 times in total. Reason: Added some line breaks and removed detail educating scammers.
Advertisement

#364682 by AlanJones Tue May 15, 2018 1:13 pm
The new person you are in contact with is also a scammer and both of them are West African and have never set foot in the US.

I removed the gramatical trait that you described as we sometimes get scammers visiting this site and don't want to educate them. But I can tell you that that particular trait is specific only to West Africans speaking/writing English.

The best thing for you to do now is block him and cut off all contact. Don't make excuses or challenge him, just disappear.

Please also post the details of both scammers as their other victims may be looking for them.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#364686 by kh5257 Tue May 15, 2018 2:00 pm
I understand, I really do. But it is so very disappointing to know that what you believed to have been true, turns out to be nothing but lies. And it deeply hurts. I really do love this guy, very deeply, and really wanted to believe that he feels the same way. I just didn't fall in love with his charm and personality, I also fell in love with the person in those pics as well... A part of me still wants to believe him, and perhaps I am partially in denial... Buy at the same time, I simply cannot ignore all of the warning signs. I have pics, and they do not seem to match up with a guy having an accent...
#364689 by kh5257 Tue May 15, 2018 2:24 pm
The one thing that I do not understand is how this guy is able to find so many pics of a guy and his son. It's obvious that the guy in the pic is a single dad, because there are too many of this guy and his son... It's just all very heartbreaking...
#364693 by kh5257 Tue May 15, 2018 4:14 pm
The following information is about the 2 guys that are just a couple of "catfish" The first guy will usually go by the name of Fabian Lawson. The 2 e-mail address' that he has used are [email protected]. Now this was the original e-mail that he used when I first met him on the dating website, Plenty of Fish. The other e-mail that he most recently has used is [email protected]... Now the 1st guy I had eventually found on a scam website simply by googling the 1st e-mail address. The information on that website was a real eye opener. The name that was found on this scam website will be under the name of Kenny Lawson. He will say that he lives in Dallas, Texas, but is from Poland. He will also claim to be divorced. Once he gets to know you, and once he feels that you are truly falling for him, he will come off as very charming, very caring and very concerned about you, and he will show great concern about the problems that you may be facing. He will often ask you how your day is, what are you having for dinner, etc. He will even go as far as making sure that you are eating properly, sleeping properly. He will also be very understanding. Each time that you tell him that you love him and miss him, he will always come back with "I love you more, and you know that I do" and will also come back with how he misses you much more than you do him. He won't call you by name, but will use terms of endearment. I eventually sent him an e-mail stating that it just wasn't going to work out between us. So within a few days, I was back on this same dating site. And within a few days was messaged from this guy who says that he was from Seattle wa. I'm from NW Wa, and I thought that it would be nice to meet someone closer to where I live. Now within a couple of days he wanted to "steal" me away from the dating site because he "wanted me all to himself". But when I had asked him if he wanted to either call or text me, he said that he preferred to talk through viber messenger. He will only communicate with me through viber messenger.Even our phone conversations are though viber messenger. The name that he goes by is Billy Brown.The e-mail that he is using is [email protected]. He was using Pcharming920 on his dating profile, which disappeared off of the dating site shortly afterwards. He can also be very charming, professing his love within about a week of communicating. He will have all of the right things to say, he will tell you how beautiful you are, just like the 1st guy did on many different occasions. Eventually he too will tell you that he "loves you more" and "misses you more". He will tell you that he didn't think that he could fall so much in love with someone the way that he has fallen in love with you, just like this 1st guy had done. Now just like Fabian, this new guy has come up with excuses as to why he cannot video chat with you as well. Within about a week or two of meeting you, they will suddenly have to go away on a business trip for an extended amount of time. And once they gain your trust, and once they know that you have developed deep feelings for them, problems will soon develop with their job, and they will need your financial help. And they will re-insure you that it's just a loan. They will profess to be very Godly, and they will profess to be Christians, and they will also get you to believe that the 2 of you were destined to be together. Now this new guy has used my 1st name a few times, but will mostly use terms of endearment. This second guy will say that his wife has passed away, and that he has a son who is away at boarding school. Even though I was unable to find any results when I googled Billy's pics and e-mail address does not necessarily mean that he isn't a "catfish" or a romance scammer... This 2nd guy will even send you pics of him, and pics of him and his son together without you even asking him to do so...