Information on romance scams and scammers.
#47486 by vreyes71 Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:23 pm
I have been chatting with someone claiming to be a Captain Leo Brennan stationed in Kabul Afghanistan Camp Eggers. I recently found out that there is a what I believe to be the real Leo Brennan on Myspace and that whomever I am chatting with on Yahoo messenger is using The real Leo Brennan's pictures and information from the myspcae profile; since it has been sometime ( June 20, 2009 ) since he has updated anything on his myspace. Now the real kicker is that when you search Leo Brennan on myspace the first one stating that he is from Kuwait this one I believe is the real deal, Then as you go down there is a Leo Brennan age 42 from Phoenix, AZ and his Picture used is the same picture that is in the first Leo Brennan age 38 from Kuwait photo Albums...So if any of you have been contacted by a Leo Brennan using the email [email protected] be cautious cause it's more than likely to be a scammer. I would like to try and get a hold of the real Leo Brennan and let him know that someone has been using his identity. Have a good day everyone :D Also let me know if you have been contacted by someone using this name. I have pictures that he has sent to me.
Advertisement

#47499 by Bubbles Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:51 am
Welcome to ScamWarners vreyes71 . Soldier scams are real prevalent currently. Yes, the scammers steal information about real soldiers and pass it on as their own.

Have all of your contacts been by IM or do you have any email messages you could post up. Also if you could post a header from an email that is often able to confirm where the email is sent from.

You have done some great research on this scammer. I hope you have stopped communication with this criminal. Thank you for posting this information. :D

Bubbles, former Scamwarners moderator.

Rest in Peace 24 June 2015.

Gone, but never forgotten.
#47503 by vreyes71 Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:31 am
Thanks Bubbles. Yes I acyually have one email that was sent but unfortunetely I had deleted the others...by
accident. Other than that most of the communication had been through IM's which I have saved quite a few. here's what I think you wanted the Header from his email :

from Leo Brennan <[email protected]>
to Mod Edit: I edited out your personal information. ~Bubbles
dateWed, Feb 9, 2011 at 10:36 PM
subjectluv ya baby
mailed-byyahoo.com
signed-byyahoo.com
Hi honey, i can't get my eye off ya pics........looking at them always make my day a bless one here.....here are a few things I wish to do with you at some point in this lifetime: Be your best friend. Get caught with you in the rain. Dance with you in the rain. Stargaze on a clear night. Watch the sunset together. Spend all day with you doing nothing. Moonlit walks on the beach. Be more proud of you than I already am at this very moment. Go on a carriage ride through the park. Do a crossword together. Go to brunch. Have a disagreement (it could/will only make us stronger). Go for a twilight horseback ride. Watch a bad movie together. Spend the rest of my life with you. Have our picture taken together. Eat ice cream with you. Make love to you passionately. Go to a museum together. Talk to each other using only body language. Give you space when you need it. Accept you totally and completely - flaws and all (I already do). Discuss current events in a heated debate. Have you see the error of your ways from aforementioned heated debate and make mad, torrid love to you, in the midst of all that passion. Carve our names into a tree/table. Go for a walk at dusk together. Be one with you. Send you a singing telegram. Spend all night thinking of 101 sweet things to do for you. Hold you and gaze into your eyes and realize how much I love you...and tell you. Gently run my hand across your cheek and look into your eyes. Blindfold you and take you somewhere romantic. Spend my life making you happy. Spend my life making our family happy. Feel your heartbeat. Go roller/ice skating together. Give you a back rub just because. ALWAYS being honest with each other. Go hiking/camping together. Have our first fight, make up and feel a stronger bond because we very successfully weathered the storm - together. Laugh at someone together. Share a plate of spaghetti. Give you a stuffed animal just because. Go on a fun family vacation and bring back the kind of memories movies are made of. Treat you like my Lancelot. Go on a road trip across America. Count thunder together during a thunderstorm. Envelop you in my soul. Know you better than you know yourself. Go to a Renaissance Fair. Plant a tree in our yard together. Look over at you during an office/military/family party and have you know without me saying a word - that I love you. Be able to say "I love you" in 89 different ways - in 89 different countries. Hold you when you're at your saddest and comfort you when you need it the most. Be the one you come to for that comfort and holding. Wipe away the days' stresses and issues, with just one hug/kiss. Grow old with you......... Love Always,

This is the email he sent and after reading some of the people who have been scammed I came across someone stating that the emails were poems...well read for yourself...lol, He sent me an email for Valentines day and it was the same one...but a different font..lol I asked him about it and his answer was that he knew that he had sent to me before that he had kept it in a saved folder, I found that quite odd. Thanks again for your help..I still feel quite stupid for falling for this and now I'm just pissed...lol, Has there been anyway in finding the real soldiers ie: leo Brennan alerting them of someone using their identity? Hopefully there is someway. Let me know if the posted email helped any. Have a good day.
#47506 by Bubbles Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:53 am
Thank you for posting this additional information up vreyes71. It shows the things that scammers will say to a victim to keep them hooked. I did (as noted) take the liberty to edit out your email address for security reasons to keep you from getting contacted by other scammers. :wink:

Bubbles, former Scamwarners moderator.

Rest in Peace 24 June 2015.

Gone, but never forgotten.
#47507 by vreyes71 Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:54 am
Also here are some of the IM's that I have saved.
leobrennan67 (3:31:54 PM): <ding>
leobrennan67 (3:32:02 PM): :-*
leobrennan67 (3:32:19 PM): hey honey r you there?
leobrennan67 (4:09:40 PM): :-*:-*I'm still waiting for ya to come online honey
me (4:22:09 PM): hey babe...i'm here are you still there
me (4:22:53 PM): have you slept yet
leobrennan67 (4:23:09 PM): oh honey i have been waiting for ya to come here and talk to me
leobrennan67 (4:23:18 PM): i miss ya so much
leobrennan67 (4:23:28 PM): what hav ya been doing my luv
me (4:23:51 PM): awww..baby, i thought you'd be asleep
leobrennan67 (4:24:08 PM): i woke up cuz of ya
leobrennan67 (4:24:18 PM): i can't stop thinking about ya
me (4:25:20 PM): :-* i've been thinking about you and I can't stop readin that email..i miss you
me (4:26:23 PM): what time do you have to be at work
leobrennan67 (4:28:28 PM): i'll be at work in 2hrs time honey
leobrennan67 (4:28:52 PM): i'll be getting my shower soon
me (4:29:39 PM): really...:-p did you at least get some sleep babe
me (4:31:02 PM): oh and thanks for the visual..:)
leobrennan67 (4:31:32 PM): yeah i got some rest honey
me (4:31:51 PM): okay...as long as you got some
me (4:34:19 PM): babe when you get a chance can you please send me another picture.........PLEASE :d
leobrennan67 (4:38:59 PM): i sent ya a request to share pics with ya
leobrennan67 (4:39:09 PM): accept that honey
me (4:39:56 PM): i did...but the last time you did that I was not able to see the picture
leobrennan67 (4:44:56 PM): you got that?
me (4:45:20 PM): nope
leobrennan67 (4:46:13 PM): did you see that hun
me (4:46:34 PM): lol...babe theres nothing there
me (4:49:57 PM): i know...when you get the chance you can just email it to me k...
leobrennan67 (4:50:14 PM): i'm going to send it to ya mail hun
me (4:50:48 PM): okay babe...
me (4:51:45 PM): i can't wait for the day when I get to hear you voice..
leobrennan67 (4:52:30 PM): oh i can't wait too babe
leobrennan67 (4:52:57 PM): i keep thinking of that day when i'm gonna be there next to ya
me (4:55:42 PM): lol...that's all I keep thinking about i just keep wishing that you were here now...but i know that you will be soon
leobrennan67 (4:56:28 PM): yeah honey..i know i can hold you very soon
me (4:58:06 PM): when you get the chance i want you to listen to that song k...i'm already missing you knowing that you'll have to be at work soon..:(
leobrennan67 (4:59:05 PM): >:D<>:D<:-*:-*
me (5:00:26 PM): :-* i know....but at least i know i'll be able to talk to you when you come online again..
leobrennan67 (5:01:10 PM): yeah i'll come online for ya when i'm back from field
leobrennan67 (5:01:17 PM): i love you so much
me (5:01:47 PM): i love you too babe...more than I thought i ever would
me (5:02:38 PM): are you going to go soon...i'm preparing myself...lol
leobrennan67 (5:04:35 PM): lol
leobrennan67 (5:04:51 PM): you want to go to bed
leobrennan67 (5:05:03 PM): ?
me (5:05:06 PM): no...
leobrennan67 (5:05:28 PM): you said ya preparing yourself
me (5:05:32 PM): i'm preparing myself for when you leave me...lol
me (5:05:47 PM): it's only 5pm babe
leobrennan67 (5:06:12 PM): ooo my luv..i'll be back online for ya soon
leobrennan67 (5:06:35 PM): i'll be here immediatly i'm back from the field
me (5:07:16 PM): okay...then i will stay signed in waiting for you...
me (5:07:40 PM): i feel better now...lol :-*
me (5:08:02 PM): see what you do to me...lol
leobrennan67 (5:08:41 PM): :-*:-*:-*:-*
leobrennan67 (5:09:44 PM): i hope you can still make it to steven today honey
leobrennan67 (5:09:52 PM): huh?/
me (5:10:57 PM): and you promise me you'll be safe...please, I will know by tomorrow and hopefully i can babe
me (5:12:02 PM): well you know what I mean by tomorrow, since it's wed for you already
leobrennan67 (5:12:31 PM): yeah its wed here already
me (5:15:59 PM): okay...i'm wondering though that you may be upset with me if i'm unable to do this for you..somehow i just get that feeling, I want you to know that I will do whatever i can and I hope you know that..
leobrennan67 (5:17:12 PM): i know you'll my luv
leobrennan67 (5:17:18 PM): i believe ya
leobrennan67 (5:18:02 PM): don't worry babe..this is just a matter of time i'm coming to spoil you
leobrennan67 (5:18:17 PM): >:D<
me (5:20:19 PM): just wanted you to know k...
leobrennan67 (5:21:49 PM): are you saying you may not be able to this honey
leobrennan67 (5:23:58 PM): :-*
me (5:25:35 PM): i won't know till tomorrow...and as soon as i find out i will let you know, I'll email you or if you are online...but i'm just saying that what if i can't cause there may be a big possibilty that i may not be able too..
me (5:26:19 PM): but I told my sister and she will try and help me as well..
leobrennan67 (5:32:54 PM): ok honey
leobrennan67 (5:33:31 PM): i promise you'll never regret doing this
leobrennan67 (5:33:55 PM): i know you want to be a caring mom for him honey
me (5:37:58 PM): i just hate the fact that this just has to come at a time when i'm really tight on funds at this moment..
me (5:38:24 PM): it's the fact that you are worried about him and you can't much from over there...
leobrennan67 (5:40:32 PM): i can undertand babe but i'll be so happy if you can find a way to do this
leobrennan67 (5:40:43 PM): i'm so worried about him
leobrennan67 (5:40:48 PM): brb
me (5:42:15 PM): k
me (5:44:00 PM): you're probably getting ready to leave for work so I'll just say bye for now babe....
leobrennan67 (5:48:17 PM): gotta go now honey
leobrennan67 (5:48:26 PM): love you so much
me (5:48:46 PM): bye babe....love you and i'll miss you
leobrennan67 (5:49:01 PM): @};-
leobrennan67 (5:49:13 PM): :-*
leobrennan67 (5:49:17 PM): :-h

It's pretty sad that I fell for this guy...I wish it was the real Leo brennan, and I would just love to really stick it to this person...lol, I just read over it and wow...the way he spoke should of been a red flag, Who says "I'll be getting my shower soon" and this is supposed to be a Captain.. hope this helps as well.

Mod Edit: I took out your IM identification. ~Bubbles
#47508 by vreyes71 Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:58 am
Your welcome Bubbles and I just posted an IM that I have saved. You're not kidding when you say to keep them hooked...he got me hook line and sinker :lol: :lol: Anything to help others get scammed cause this is just playing with peoples emotions. :? Thanks for editing out my email.
#47509 by vreyes71 Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:23 am
Here's a most recent IM text....notice that if you read it he says that he has to report to Illinois, To Fort Atkinson...there is no Fort Atkinson in Ill, there is one in Wisconsin. I'm I wrong..please let me know. Thanks.

leobrennan67: I will
leobrennan67: Buzz me when you're here
me: okay...get some sleep and I will im you in about an hour
me: I will babe
leobrennan67: Ok my love
leobrennan67: :x
me: :d
me: I said go to bed...
me: :x
leobrennan67: I want to cry hun
leobrennan67: I love you so much
leobrennan67: K love
leobrennan67: @};-
me: hey...i'm here. I guess you decided to go offline babe....I'll talk to you when you wake up....miss you
leobrennan67: Miss you so much my love
me: hey...I'm here
me: I miss you too....were you sleeping?
leobrennan67: Good
leobrennan67: I was sleeping I had to wake up for ya
me: awww....are feeling alittle better?
leobrennan67: Yeah
leobrennan67: I'm feeling a little better
me: well that's good....
leobrennan67: How are you doing there?
me: I re-sent you the email k
leobrennan67: Ok
me: how was you day today?
leobrennan67: Let me check this
me: okay
leobrennan67: Is ya sister gone
me: lol....yes, she just left...go ahead and say what ever it is you want to say...
me: just don't lie please....
me: like i said in the emails she has planted a seed and I'm sorry but now that she has I have doubts..
me: i'm here
leobrennan67: I got the mail hun
leobrennan67: Brb
leobrennan67: If you really want this love to be strong and you still want it as it was before your sister inter fare you have to stop doubting
leobrennan67: I love you so much
leobrennan67: God knows I do
leobrennan67: You deserve the best babe.I will never lie to you
leobrennan67: trust me
leobrennan67: You're the happiness I feel
me: i'm trying not to doubt this...but do you see my point of view can you understand that, these words that you say to me are just words babe and yes you say that they are the truth and to trust you and everything inside me screams to believe you but it's that little part that I just can't seem to get out of my mind....i hope I'm making sense
me: I love you Leo....and I don't want to be part of something that's false....
me: I know that I'm being 100 percent with you and If you want proof I'll give it to you if you doubt it...that's all I ask in return
me: are you still there, or have I pissed you off?
me: you better have been booted...
me: i love you lover boy :x
me: hey...are you there
leobrennan67: I'm here honey
leobrennan67: Hold on
leobrennan67: Just two min pls
me: okay...you have only 2mins
leobrennan67: Ok love..your wish is my command
me: what are you doing?
me: you have to be a t work soon?
me: what happenned to you earlier
me: are you still there?
leobrennan67: Yeah honey
leobrennan67: Just putting on my stuff
leobrennan67: :D
me: are you leaving soon?
leobrennan67: I have be at work soon
leobrennan67: I have to
leobrennan67: I'm still here with ya hun
leobrennan67: I missed you honey
me: when do you think you'll be back?
leobrennan67: I got booted last time
me: k
leobrennan67: I'm here sweetie
leobrennan67: My CO was here
leobrennan67: I miss ya
leobrennan67: R u still there?
me: i'm here babe
me: you leaving soon
leobrennan67: I'm still here with you my queen
me: I miss you very much you know that...
me: I can't stop thinking about you :x
leobrennan67: I'm gonna leave in one hour
leobrennan67: I miss ya more
me: when you got booted last time...were you able to read my response to you
leobrennan67: You full my head babe..all I think is about you
leobrennan67: I got it but response before the connection was sucked
me: so you read it....
leobrennan67: Yup
leobrennan67: It about you want me to prove ya sister wrong
me: babe are you for real....i know I 've asked you that already but when you come home are you REALLY going to come see me?
leobrennan67: I swear babe I'm coming to you
leobrennan67: That when I'm going to know my dream finally come true
leobrennan67: that's when I'm going to know it
leobrennan67: I want you so much Gigi
leobrennan67: Trust me babe
me: You swear to me Leo.....are you going to let me know when you are coming...
leobrennan67: Believe me my love
leobrennan67: brb
me: k
leobrennan67: :*
leobrennan67: I'm back
me: babe...when are you suppossed to come home again?
me: and did you find out if Steven got that money?
me: I know you have to leave for work soon babe...I wish you didn't have to go
me: I miss you soooo much
me: will you be out for long?
leobrennan67: Yeah he got it honey
leobrennan67: Thank you so much
leobrennan67: I miss you too honey
leobrennan67: I think I'm going to be there for just 3hrs
me: you are going to talk to me when you get back...right :-D
me: unless of course you'll be too tired...
me: hey baby..."Hello" are you still there?
leobrennan67: I will be online for you honey no matter how tired I am when I'm back
leobrennan67: :x :)
me: Okay...cause I'll beat you if you don't :-D
me: and i'm going to stay online for you until you het back....
me: *get
me: what are you doing....are you getting ready do you want me to stop talking to you....
me: you want me to count the bumps in the ceiling...
me: :d:x
me: baby I'm here...
leobrennan67: :))
leobrennan67: I know that sweetie
leobrennan67: I love you
leobrennan67: I'll never stop loving babe
me: you love me....you really love me :x
leobrennan67: >:D< :)
me: my older sister (not Cecile) says that she can't wait to meet you :-D
leobrennan67: I don't want to lose you babe
leobrennan67: Awww
me: I don't want to lose you baby....you are my lover boy don't you :-*
leobrennan67: is she there with ya now
leobrennan67: I will always be ya lover boy
me: the only request that she has for you is that when you come home is that you come and see me...I told her that you said that you were going to do that already
me: and yes she is here with me
leobrennan67: Tell her nothing will stop me from coming to you
leobrennan67: I will give up everything to be with you
me: she smiled and laughed and said "well that's good"
me: now...you're not just saying that now to win points are you.....hmmm
me: :-*
me: when are you coming home again?
leobrennan67: I have to get my ass out of here next month
leobrennan67: That's going to be towards end of the month ok
leobrennan67: I will have to go report in I'll then I'm coming to you from there
leobrennan67: I will have to go report in IL
me: okay...you'll have to be out there though
leobrennan67: That's FORT ATKINSON
me: won't you?
leobrennan67: %%-
leobrennan67: Gotta go now honey
me: okay babe....be safe and I'll miss you
vreyes1919: I'll be here waiting for you
leobrennan67: Missing ya already babe
leobrennan67: >:D<
leobrennan67: :-h

Mod Edit removed actual IM identification. ~Bubbles
#47682 by vreyes71 Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:39 am
<IM TEXT>
me: hey...you going to talk to me?
me: babe are you there?
leobrennan67: I buzz ya but never got a reply from ya
leobrennan67: Did ya see my offline
me: I didn't see it...
leobrennan67: I drop a offline
me: the offline that you sent with the angel
me: that you sent earlier?
leobrennan67: I sent some yesterday as well
me: yeah babe i got that one when I woke this morning...
me: as for the ones that you sent yesterday..I didn't get those
me: did you get mine that I sent you?
leobrennan67: I miss ya so much my love
leobrennan67: Nope
me: I miss you too...feels like forever since i spoke with you..
me: you didn't get any of mine...
leobrennan67: I didn't get any from ya
me: well I sent you some
me: where have you been?
me: I sent you an email did you get that?
leobrennan67: So busy with work hun
me: everything alright?
leobrennan67: No
me: you back from work right now?
: what's wrong?
me: talk to me...you alright?
leobrennan67: Nothing babe just running after some taliban
leobrennan67: Lol
me: lol...that's cute
leobrennan67: I missed ya like crazy
me: what's really wrong?
leobrennan67: I hav a bad news
me: what's the bad news...
me: just tell me..
me: wrll don't leave me hanging
me: well
leobrennan67: they extend my leave babe
leobrennan67: :(
leobrennan67: I'm not happy about it
me: they extended your leave...??? isn't that good or do you mean they extended your stay
me: you won/t be home them next month???
me: is that what you're trying to say?
leobrennan67: I've talk to my CO
leobrennan67: about it
me: and what did he say...
me: can't do anything about it?
leobrennan67: I have to write and give a genuine reason
me: you do have a genuine reason...your son
leobrennan67: to get out but still what this reason for leaving going to be
leobrennan67: Still thinking what the reason will be
leobrennan67: Ok
leobrennan67: it means I can tell them about my son
me: I don't think that's very fair what there doing...after telling you that you would be leaving next month and then extending it..
me: then tell them about your son...you know what you need to do to leave...come on babe
me: you're smart
me: think of something
leobrennan67: I will have to write a friend owning me some money there in states coz I have to responsible for my flight myself
leobrennan67: they said they can't since I have not finish with my tour here
leobrennan67: I will get to I'll before getting my benefit
me: so what write to your friend and ask if they can do what you need to do to come back
leobrennan67: I will get to IL
leobrennan67: I just want to tell him I need my money coz I have to get out of here with it
me: okay then are you trying to do what you need to do to get home...??
me: do you think your friend will help you out?
leobrennan67: Is my money
me: since you will be getting your benefits when you get back to ILL write..
me: right
leobrennan67: I borrowed him before my deployment
leobrennan67: I need this money for flight from here
me: so will he help you out till you get home...
me: will he send you the money or whatever you need to do to get your flight paid for?
leobrennan67: I will write him after talking to ya hun
me: are you sure you don't want to write him now..
me: you know you have to so you can come home babe
leobrennan67: What about telling him to send this to you then it get here from you
leobrennan67: Coz this must go thru the agent
me: okay well then what do he need to do and what do I have to do?
leobrennan67: I will tell him to send the money to my wife
leobrennan67: then it will get here thru her
me: and then what im I supposed to do once I get it?
me: send it to your agent?
leobrennan67: to send it here
leobrennan67: I mean to the agent then it get here thru her
leobrennan67: I have to write him now
leobrennan67: Hold on
me: okay well whatever you need me to do jst let me know okay babe
leobrennan67: Love you so much babe
me: did you write to you friend
leobrennan67: I have the believe I'm coming to ya soon babe
leobrennan67: I wrote him
leobrennan67: I'm gonna let ya sister know she got a wrong impression about me
me: really you think you'll be able to leave when you're supposed to?
leobrennan67: But don't tell her anything until we get everything done
me: and you will when you are back...
me: why you want to surprise her....lol
me: I won't.. I don't want to say anything until I know for sure myself :d
leobrennan67: love u always babe
me: just let me know whenever your friend gets back to you k...so you can tell me what I need to do
leobrennan67: I need to attend to someone here right now
leobrennan67: Just some minutes ok
me: okay...

Mod edit: Completed coding to bold. ~Bubbles
Last edited by vreyes71 on Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#47692 by Dotti Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:32 am
Thanks for posting this follow-up. As you have already realized, there is no doubt this is a scammer. Even without the typical scammer storyline, the English tells me that you are dealing with an African scammer.

Need to post photos? http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
Are you a victim of a romance scam? Read here for advice and FAQ's.
#238997 by Leo Brennan Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:18 pm
I know this is old, but you guys need to do your homework. I am the Leo Brennan you are calling not a real deal/guy. You haven't fully grasped the fact that there is a real Leo Brennan (me) and someone has used my pictures and name and pretended to be me. I'm not too happy that i Google my name and come across posts that say i am a fraud. You guys need to either correct this or take it down completely.

For the record, my email is LFB081972. August of 1972 was when i was born, hence the 081972 part. I'm 42 as of this posting.

Feel free to email me for any other details you may need to satisfy your need to prove i am actually him, and take corrective action on this posting.

Oh, I haven't been a Captain since November 2008. I'm a Major and hopefully promotable within the year.

v/r
Leo Brennan
#239004 by Dotti Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:39 pm
On the contrary Leo, we are well aware of the fact that the scammers have stolen pictures and names. At this point in time, literally thousands of soldiers have had their photos, and many times their names, used in scams. If you post photos of yourself in uniform (or even looking remotely like a soldier) or someone else posts those photos without restricting access to friends and families, the sad reality is that they WILL be stolen by scammers. The number of fake soldier profiles on facebook, from the lowest-ranked soldier all the way up to the highest ranked generals, is depressing, to say the least.

The use of stolen photos and aliases is reiterated thousands of times throughout these forums.
In this case, the OP actually started two threads, which may be part of the confusion.
https://www.scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=16195&p=47509#p47509

Posting information about a criminal will not help anyone without the aliases and details that the criminal is using. At the time this thread was posted, the scammer was using the alias Leo Brennan. He would have approached dozens (if not hundreds) of women using the same name and photos, and the original poster (who nearly fell for his scam) posted the information that was given to her by the scammer.

Edit to add: I see you found the other thread. Now that they are on the same page, I was able to merge the two into one.

Need to post photos? http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
Are you a victim of a romance scam? Read here for advice and FAQ's.
#239007 by Leo Brennan Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:48 pm
I am familiar with what you wrote. It is very unfortunate too. But the title of one of the threads in here says "Beware Cpt. Leo Brennan..NOT REAL DEAL/GUY". That is what many people see if they google my name. I'm instantly labeled in their brain as a fraud. Could the title be corrected to say something a bit more accurate, like someone is pretending to be me instead of blatantly making it sound like i am a fraud though. Too many people just see the headlines and first few lines of a search result and most likely won't open it and read all of it to get the relevant information concerning all of this. I will be retiring as early as next summer, and this could very well screw up my employment opportunities at that point.

Thank you.

v/r
Leo Brennan