Information on romance scams and scammers.
#365365 by tuanbusku Wed May 23, 2018 4:20 am
Recently I met this woman from a dating site, she claimed to be in the military. We exchanged emails and she send me a lot of pics. She looks real good and even had a Skype account. She told me, she was doing a tour in Afghanistan and had a 10 hour difference (I live in Panama City Panama Central America)

After a couple of emails exchanged, she told me she wanted to share expenses to do a SAT phone call to my cell phone. I politely declined and told her we can keep in touch through email and Skype and we dont need to expend money on calls. I told here I would be able to wait until she finishes her tour, which she said would be in Sept.

I send her some videos on youtube of my work (I am a TV producer) and noticed youtube registered her views as in Nigeria not Afghanistan. Red flag there.

So based on your experience what you recommend?
Advertisement

#365367 by AlanJones Wed May 23, 2018 4:25 am
She (actually he as it is most likely a young male Nigerian that you are in touch with) is a scammer.

The best thing for you to do is block her and stop all contact. Don't accuse him of being a scammer, he will just deny it and carry on trying to scam you, just disappear and leave him wondering what went wrong.

Please also post some of the scammer's earlier emails to you (with your details removed). These are most likely scripted and he will be sending them to many victims.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.