Information on romance scams and scammers.
#366422 by fiesty88 Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:36 pm
Several men claiming to be US soldiers have contacted me on my Instagram account. I have been curious about this so I have said hi back and then a conversation develops. I'm getting really weird things now that we have had a conversation for a bit. At first I have been asked for iTunes gift cards for their data so they can keep in contact with me while they are on deployment. I did not provide this.

One has said that I need to send him money because he lost his military id in a shoot out and he needs a lot of money for the embassy to reinstate his id. He says he will be expelled from the army if he doesn't get it reinstated. I found this completely ridiculous that the army would expel him while in active service and on deployment and have said so. He is still looking for money from me. Looked on military.com and the US army will reinstate it for free.

Then there is this one: this one man claims to be a sniper in the Marines deployed in Yemen. During one of their raids they uncovered over $30 Million in gold. The soldiers were allowed to keep $2M of the gold each. I asked why they didn't turn it in and he claims the general said they can keep it. He wanted to ship me the gold and I said no. He then said he found a buyer in Saudi and he needed help in paying the shipping fees. and I put up the money - sent it to a Mexican bank account! Yes, I know very very very stupid! He has asked for an iPhone8, a care package with all sorts of things - I have not provided any of this to him since he took my money for the shipment, I do not have any . He is now saying that he needs me to help him pay for an emergency leave permit so he can accept the money transfer to his account in Michigan or he wants me to receive the money for him because he doesn't have access to his bank back in the US. Looked this up and this I a scam too. and soldiers can do online banking from wherever they are.
Advertisement

#366424 by fiesty88 Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:49 pm
Oh and the guy that lost his military identification has told me to send money through western union to someone in Lagos, Nigeria since he is on deployment in west Africa at the moment
#366518 by malu53 Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:38 am
for pics check here

romancescam.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=563300&sid=c064831f82c73158674c646ed645d863#p563300