Information on romance scams and scammers.
#374160 by Bartles98 Mon Oct 01, 2018 3:41 pm
So this cute girl I met online tells me she is in school I need Oregon. She says her ex took everything she had and left her and now the school is asking for the money. She wants me to set up a bank account and send her the info so her uncle can send the money. She then wants me to withdraw said money and send it to her. I suggested that she go to one of the banks near the college and make her own bank account, for her financial safety, not mine. She said that she can't. I'm not making the bank account, but is this a scam? Or am I just a jerk who could be helping this girl and not.
Advertisement

#374165 by AlanJones Mon Oct 01, 2018 5:26 pm
It's a definite scam. The scammer wants to turn you into a money mule. The money won't be coming from her uncle, but from other scam victims and when they realise that they have been scammed, the only real details they will have are yours.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.