Information on romance scams and scammers.
#379775 by Gerbera Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:43 am
If there is people in this forum who can check things out for me because I have no meens to do it my self. I also have the consignement document from the broker. The name Mrs Hermann is what he has given me.

I have to write this somewhere so I can get it of my chest.
I was contacted by a man at Instagram, not my usual forum, and I don't usualy accept anybody I don't know, but this time I hit the wrong button. So next day he wrote to me, in English. I thought it could be fun to practice the language. So we began to chat. After a few days he presented him self as a diplomat working in US embassy in Germany as an analyst. Intresting I thought, but not impressed couse I didn't care much. After a while he explained what he was looking for. He explained that he was about to retire and because he was a widow, he didn't want to live alone the rest of his life, that was his biggest fear, to be alone. I wished him good luck to find that special person, it would not be me. But anyway we kept on talking, and one thing let to the other. The texting became more and more of a romantic nature.

Then he wanted us to move over to Hangouts so we could talk. Have to say that I came to enjoy our conversations, I began to picture him as a man I could fall in love with and so I did. Now I was hooked. He wanted to come over to live with me (in Sweden) but first he had to arrange his retirement and go back to the US CA to put his retirement in order. He had arranged a special delivery by a broker to send me his retirement savings. I got a legal document from the broker sent to me by email. ([email protected])
The consignement was to to be delivered by a carrier ([email protected])

While he was there (in US) he called me and said that a former employer had asked him of a favor. He would follow with a couple of others (americans) to Iran as a senior "observer"!!! He asked me if he should go but I let him decide, cause why would I decide for him. I trusted his judgement I said. So he went. He used to call me daily, both mornings and evenings, it was if we were addicted to each other. He was caring and considerate. Always wanted to know how I was doing. He promised to love me and protect me and care for me…. There is so many details in our conversations that I had hard to belive he would be a scam. Who can pretend to be in love so convincing. He writes poems to me almost every day.

While in Iran he rang me up in Hangouts and told me that the people he was traveling with was not what he was told by his former boss. He thought them to be CIA!! The story is getting more and more fantastic. After a few days he rang me and told that the people he had traveled with were arrested by the local police for being in the country illegally. He was now alone and had to change location. Now he had to find his way out of the country by him self. There is no American embassy in Iran. So he moved to a less good hotel. He told me that Lebanese are good smugglers. He would contact one to smuggle him out of the country. But it would cost him. I would send him money that I yet was to receive from US. He wanted me to send him an amount of that money.

Then I got this Email:
“Hello Mrs Hermann!
As of the time writing you this mail, I have been informed by the carrier and treasury department that your package has been suspended for shipment by the state treasury department and custom, due to some taxation and certification requirements that need to be met by the beneficiary(you).
You are requested to be represented only by an attorney hence you are not a resident of the United States.
You will be represented by our legal team, and you have to pay the sum of $2,500 for legal fees and consultation.
It is the duty of an attorney to advocate and negotiate on your behalf in other for your package to be delivered to you. Thanks for your cooperation and understanding.

Regards

Scott Pelley

----------------------------------

So, now I have to pay to get his retirement savings sent to me. I am not interested in his money but if it is his savings…. what to do?

He is still in Iran when I got this email. He is concerned and ask me to pay the legal fee. And as a fact, I have no proof of him being in Iran. Now he call me up one evening and tells me he had met a guy who would take him out of the country but while they were at the tough neighbourhood they were both robbed. He lost several thousand dollars and his passport.
Now it was important that I would receive the consignment and pay the fee.

I was extremely upset. But I was also suspicious about the whole story, so I did send an email to the embassy in Berlin. I wanted to know if they had any person with the name Kurt Hermann working at the embassy as an analyst, and what to do if stranded in Iran as an american citizen. The embassy could not tell for sure if there was any employee with his name. But I was advised to have him to contact the swiss embassy in Iran, and according to them, he would know this if employee of US Embassy.

Now I am so utterly confused. I confront him of the the matter that he should go to the swiss embassy instead of going to smugglers for help. I let him understand that I have doubts about him being who he says he is. He gets very upset, his life loses the meaning if I abandon him. That night I get the most sad and desperate poem from him at Hangouts. It broke my heart. I did not want to believe he was a scammer.

So where am I now. I tried to pay the fee 2500 USD via Moneygram, I am not sure at all that I should, but the Moneygram was unable to process my online transactions, and I can not do anything about it. I know I am foolish. But at the same time I feel like that I am abandoning him in a hostile country. And when I read through my story it sounds unreal, but that's where I am right now. I havn't heard from him since I wrote to him that the money didn't get through. That was Tuesday, I am almost relieved but I also miss him so much.

----------------------------------------------------
Hello Mrs Hermann!
You have to send the money via remittance service such as Moneygram.
Attorneys Name - MARIA L.
Surname - espinoza
Country - United States of America ( USA).

Secretary name - Brenda Renee
Surname - ketchum-robertson
Country - United States of America ( USA).
Mam I suggest you send the legal fees via my secretary, so I can handover the fees to the attorney myself. Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.
Regards

Hello Mrs Hermann!
You have to pay the legal fee on or before 9/01/2019, so that you can be represented by the attorney before the closing window. Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.
Regards

Hello Mrs Hermann!
My secretary is a Colorado citizen, therefore you have to fill Colorado as the recipient state.
Name:- Brenda Renee
Surname:- Ketchum - Robertson
State - Colorado
Country - United States of America ( USA)
Note:- Please send me the control number ( MTCN) and a picture of the payment receipt after you send the money.
Thank you for your cooperation and understanding, my regards.Scott Pelley
Last edited by AlanJones on Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Added quotes for clarity
Advertisement

#379776 by AlanJones Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:52 am
I'm sorry, but it is a definite scam. There is no package and the person that you are in contact with is not a diplomat, but a lazy good for nothing who spends his time scamming women like you, rather than getting a real job.

The poems that he sends you are stolen from websites and the other content of his email are mainly scripted replies.

The best thing that you can do is block all of the email addresses and stop responding to them. Do not accuse them of being a scammer as they will just deny it. Just block them and disappear.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#379779 by Gerbera Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:46 pm
Thank you Alan. I had to write all this down because there is nobody else I can confess to. I began to suspect that when the money became an issue that it could be a scam, but couldn't belive that somebody could be so skilful in pretending to be a caring and loving person and sound so polite and urbane, couldn't place his accent though. I have even been considering if the broker and Kurt could be the same person or does these people work in groups? There where also two female names. Or is it possible to create false names at moneygram? I have all these questions bugging me and I also realise that I must let go, but I miss his calls, have to admit.
#379786 by Terminator5 Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:43 pm
It's a scam and yes they are all using fake names . If you send him any money he will ask for more and more until you either go broke or realize it's a scam . We've seen this same Scam Scenario played out over and over again .

Don't send them any money and stop all communication.

Daniel 8 :25
#379881 by Gerbera Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:04 am
Thank you Terminator5.

I didn't know I was such a sucker for sweet talk. :P :oops: I Guess these texts must be copied from somewhere, especially the last one. The last one I got after I questioned him being who he said he he was.

27 dec 03.01
Here is your forecast this morning; a flurry of my love, a downfall of my kisses and the sunshine of my cuddles. Now make me wet with the rain of your smiles and we’re even. Good morning to you my love... I love you!!!
We're traveling via Turkey.

Thank you my love. I want you to know that I love you so much... I'll inform you as soon as we arrive turkey.

28 dec 22:20
Good night my love. Today was the best day I have ever had, and tomorrow will be even better because of your love. Sweet dreams about us tonight and always remember that I love you so much.

29 dec 05:06
I want to be the first person who says good morning and the last person who say goodnight to you. Good morning my love... I Love you!!!

29 dec 21:48
Shhh. Do you hear that? It is my heart crying out to yours, wishing that I could sleep next to you tonight. Good night sweetheart and sweet dreams about us tonight. I love you!!!

2 jan 22:56
I am sitting here looking at your picture, smiling and knowing that you are mine and I am yours. The night will always be perfect as long as we have each other. Goodnight my love and sweet dreams about us tonight. I love you!!!

5 jan 05:12
The ambient glow of the fireplace becomes hypnotic. Home alone, always, without true love to snuggle me. Each of many pains of night makes my mind neurotic. Pathetic it may seem for a well educated and handsome man. Alone again after years of searching; life becomes a whirl. Incessant longing gnaws away at self-control. Night brings its darkness to the weariness of my soul. Satan takes a grip upon my sanity; I am no longer whole. Oh, that I could find true love and live a life of joy. Forever, I live searching, only to be someone’s toy. Night without you, my true love, is a lonely curse. If only I could find you, whoever you are, wherever you are Grateful love, come; I beg you and quench my thirst. Heaven is but a thought away…as is suicide. Touch me with your warmth; Save me and let love abide. Where is the dream that I dreamt as a child. I never knew that the world could be so wild. Today is just one step in eternity, but forever alone. How can I face another day; I know not! Over and over the thoughts circulate in my mind. Utter self-destructions seeming the only solution. Then, I fear the great and dreadful consequence. To live eternity alone would be unbearable. Reality visits at the break of dawn, briefly. Underneath these fancy clothes lies a broken heart. Each day takes me to a new horizon…until night. Loneliness tortures me; at dark I am immobile. Oh, the pains of night without true love destroy. Vitality sinks into Satan’s sullen ship; sips sorrows. Everything seems lost, but I pray for true love, tomorrow if I am still alive to see it.
#379893 by Terminator5 Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:11 pm
The gibberish in these messages was not written by anyone fluent in the English Language and they are definately not from the USA . This Fake American is West African . The poems he is using were in part plagiarized from these websites .

"a flurry of my love, a downfall of my kisses and the sunshine of my cuddles"

https://tosaylib.com/sweet-good-morning ... put-smile/

"Today was the best day I have ever had, and tomorrow will be even better because of your love"

https://goodnightlovemessagesforher2.tu ... girls-like

"The ambient glow of the fireplace becomes hypnotic. Home alone, always, without true love to snuggle me. Each of many pains"

https://www.poetrysoup.com/poem/the_pai ... ove_650377

Daniel 8 :25
#379929 by Gerbera Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:49 am
Same guy or co-worker with Kurt Hermann

IP Insights

Details for 197.210.64.6
IP: 197.210.64.6
Decimal: 3318890502
Hostname: 197.210.64.6
ASN: 29465
ISP: MTN Nigeria
Organization: MTN Nigeria