Information on romance scams and scammers.
#49888 by Maxie48 Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:27 pm
I was approached on a social network site by a guy called Bill Nielsen he has been romancing me for just over a week saying he works for united nations in Iraq he apparently is widowed and is desperate to get to the UK to spend the rest of his life with me, only it will cost £3970 to get a liberty pass and if I pay it he will pay me back, yeah right I thought he has been texting me about 30 times a day if he can't get me on yahoo messenger asking for me to send the money which has to be in cash and sent by western union it also has to be sent to a guy named Simon Dixon who is a Nigerian diplomat as they process it faster and he could be home in 72 hours if I do this. I'm sure this guy is a scammer, I have not sent any money I'm not that stupid but thought I would let you know about him. His emaill address is [email protected]
Advertisement

#50045 by began steele Thu Mar 31, 2011 4:50 am
Thanks MAXIE . Have you a site link for this one please? I work extensively on these so it would help me.

We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. ~~ George Orwell.
#50069 by Maxie48 Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:04 am
Hi, this "Bill Nielsen" found me on Facebook I received a message in my inbox and it went from there the picture of him shows him as a White male" I added one of the laddies a Lynda Richie ago is on his friends page and she confirmed to me that he is a scammer. Hope this helps
#50082 by Maxie48 Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:12 pm
This is the address he wants me to send money to by western union it's to go to Simon Dixon at 16 oluwole avenue, Lagos island, Lagos code 23401' republic of Nigeria
#50126 by Bubbles Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:57 am
Thank you for posting this scam up Maxie48 . The details make it clear. I am sure your post will help someone this scammer has contacted.

Bubbles, former Scamwarners moderator.

Rest in Peace 24 June 2015.

Gone, but never forgotten.