Information on romance scams and scammers.
#61358 by Katharina Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:56 am
Welcome kaygb5310!

I'm so sorry you have become a victim of a criminal.
I'm haveing a very hard time of letting him go an always go back to him..
He seems to be very good at what he is doing, a perfect manipulator, switching between romancing you and sending you onto guilt trips. And I can see you already realised he is a scammer. It can be hard to let go but you need to be aware that he will only cause you pain and yet more pain.

Please protect yourself against this heartbreak. Block him from your messenger, add all the email addresses he is using to your spam filter, don't accept his phone calls - just disappear. Do not confront him and tell him you found out, he will try to lure you back or to find out what mistakes he made; you don't want him to become a better scammer.

He might try for weeks to get back to you, but eventually he will move on to other victims.

This will be a hard time for you. I do hope you have friends who will be with you and support you through this process.

:hug: Best wishes!

EDIT: One more thing: He might have passed on your email address to other scammers who will try to steal even more money from you with different types of scam. Please be careful when you get suspicious emails and come back here any time you need help.
Advertisement

#92343 by notplayingyourgame Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:23 pm
I to have had a greg davies message me on BADOO website,same thing that he is widowed with a son,he wanted to talk to me on the phone and gave me an email address to contact,saying that it would cost some money at first then we could talk for free.when i asked him how much he said it would be £500 he would pay £350 and i would pay £150.i told him i didnt have that sort of cash but he still kept on.I have friends in the army and when i said of other ways i could message him by post he said his unit was different and they didnt get post i told him the next day that the email address he had given me was a spam. He promised that it wasnt and it was a telecom department,i didnt believe a word he said.so when i looked on here to find he has done this before i reported him to the Badoo site as a scammer,ladies becareful of some of the guys on these site they just want OUR MONEY.... be safe
#92345 by began steele Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:29 pm
Hi notplayingyourgame glad you were not conned. Please could you post links and email addresses please to warn those who search in future. Thanks.

We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. ~~ George Orwell.
#151507 by brimom43 Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:59 am
So glad you guys have this site. I almost got taken in by one of these scammers claiming to be a SGT in Afghanistan wanting to come home to marry me and asking that I request leave. Well i have military family whose had to request leave and i never recalled anyone from our family having to make the request.In addition i began to discover that many of his emails were cut and pasted (automatic scammer flag). when i googled the email he gave me [email protected], this site popped up. Of course he denied everything but when i asked for proof of his identity, somehow we were disconnected from chat! Imagine that! Thanks for looking out for the good guys scam warners!
#152235 by sillygirl Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:33 am
I contact you a while ago about the possibility of being scammed and just found in my e-mails a couple from [email protected], who claim they are FBI office in Dubai and have arrested the person who scammed me.

No idea if these are genuine or not and obviously have not replied to them to yet - what do I do
#152239 by Dotti Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:45 am
They are not genuine. Dubai police do not use gmail for police business, ever. And if the FBI were contacting you, the address would come from an official FBI address!

It is nothing more than an attempt to scam you in another way, by getting information and/or cash from you with fake promises of justice.

Just delete the emails and move on.

Need to post photos? http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
Are you a victim of a romance scam? Read here for advice and FAQ's.
#152555 by sillygirl Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:11 am
Hi Dotti

I have just found this e-mail in my inbox, obviously like the others got the other day have not done anything about it.

From Compensation Board. ([email protected])

SCAMMED VICTIM REF CODE: 06654 $400,000.00 USD ONLY

This is to bring to your notice that I am a delegate from the United Nations to
The IMF (International Monetary Fund) Asia Regional Payment Office to pay 521
scam victims $400,000.00 USD (Four Hundred Thousand Dollars only) each. You are
listed and approved for this payment as one of the scammed victims to be paid
this amount,get back to me as soon as possible for the immediate payments of
your $400,000 USD compensations funds.
On this faithful recommendations, I want you to know that during the last U.N.
meetings held at Delhi,Republic of India, it was alarmed so much by the world in
the meetings on the lost of funds by various individual to scam artist operating
in syndicates all over the world today.

In other to compensate these victims, the U.N Body is now paying 521 victims of
this operators $400,000.00 USD each in accordance with the U.N .recommendations.
Due to the corrupt and in-efficient Banking Systems in India, the payments are
to be paid by UN officials sitting at IMF(International Monetary Fund)Asia
Regional Payment Office as corresponding payment center under funding assistance
by United Nation body. According to the number of applicants at hand, 284
Beneficiaries has been paid, half of the victims are from the United States, and
we still have more 237 left to be paid the compensations of $400,000.00 USD
each. Your particulars was mentioned by one of the Syndicates who was arrested
as one of their victims of the operations, you are hereby warned not to
communicate or duplicate this message to him for any reason what so ever as the
U.S. Secret service is already on trace of the other criminals. So keep it
secret till they are all apprehended. Other victims who have not been Contacted
can submit their application as well for scrutiny and possible consideration.

You are to send your:

[1] Full Names:...... ..
[2] Contact address:....
[3] Direct Telephone:...
[4] Country:............
[5] Occupation:.........

To STATE BANK OF INDIA(SBI) REPRESENTATIVE
Mr. Vijay Kumar.
Email: [email protected]

Please you are advice to stop any communication with any person or Body that you
are currently paying money to due to transaction which you have online with the
person.Please let us know right now via email or telephone your present dealing
online,so we can help you verify the authenticity of the transaction which you
are presently involved in,so you don't get scammed.

Please also send me proof of payment in any previous scam if you still have
any,(optional).

I shall feed you with further modalities as soon as I hear from you.

Yours faithfully,
Mrs Joy Steven
Treasury Service (TRS)
United Nation Representative.
http://www.un.org
#152559 by jolly_roger Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:24 am
Just ignore it S. The above example is like a compensation scam whereby it sounds real but it's also a scammer trying to fleece you. Notice the SCAMMED VICTIM REF CODE: 06654 ?
http://www.fraudwatchers.org/forums/sho ... php?t=8735 has an example with the same type of scam.
The REF CODE is the exact same dating back to the year twenty 07.
#152561 by sillygirl Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:29 am
Had a feeling all the e-mails got over the last couple of days were more scams, hence why ignored them and the phone calls, but thought would put on here so others are aware, as wouldn't want others to suffer like I did couple of years ago
#189781 by kazathena Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:19 am
is this a scam ?
the email address of the "commander" and that of the person i have been talking too via facebook ,both ended in the same numbers
It also ,as you can see thanks me for my message, i never messaged them

WE ARE IN THE RECEIPT OF YOUR MESSAGE AND IT HAS BEEN DULY NOTED..

THIS ARE THE REQUIRED DETAILS THAT ARE RIGHTFULLY NEEDED IN ORDER FOR YOU TO BECOME A GREAT VETERAN WIFE.

Full name.....................................
State................................................
City.....................................................
Zipcode................................................
Home address....................................
Phone number.......................................
Relationship Status...................................

WE WOULD LIKE TO INFORM YOU THAT A PROCESSING CHARGES WHICH ATTRACT THE SUM OF $300.00USD WILL BE MADE IN ORDER TO GET YOUR INFORMATIONS REGISTERED IN OUR DATABASE AND ALL MILITARY BENEFITS OF THE SAID OFFICER WILL BE ADVERSE TO YOU.

HERE IS THE MILITARY FINANCIAL SECRETARY ADDRESS YOU ARE TO MAKE THE PAYMENT.

Name: Smith Potter
City: Lagos island
State: Lagos
Zipcode: 23401
#189783 by AlanJones Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:25 am
Any email/social media contact that mentions the military, fees and Western Union/Moneygram is scam.

The military do not ask random people on the Internet (which is how they would view you) to pay fees for soldiers, it is all done internally within the military - even proper legal wives/husbands are not asked to pay fees on behalf of their serving partners.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.