Information on romance scams and scammers.
#144009 by Mother Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:29 pm
This a letter I got from David Butterfield as he calls him self now on facebook:

My dear ,My darling,

How are you today ? I hope you are fine over there ? I thank you once again , I am writing you an email to tell you more about my self.My dear, I had spent over 2 years here in Afghanistan war camp for peace keeping assignment without having any friend outside my work so it is my greatest pleasure to meet you here.Well, I have my home in Newark New jersey and i still have another house in New York City too,I will take you to my home as soon as i have my vacation early next year .

My dear, I am really happy that i found you on face book, I would also want a serious relationship with you, I am very simple officer and caring also, I am not getting younger as you can see and i would want serious relationship from you .I am single for now because my wife died long time ago and ever since my wife died i had not really fall in love with anyone .My dear, Immediately i viewed your profile i became interested in you and i also love your lips dear, I know you are a God sent to me and i thank God that i had found you, Kindly give me your heart i will handle with care,Honestly you look so beautiful and sexy , You are my kind of woman ,You should also be free to ask me any question you feel like asking .

My darling, I would have love to speak with you on the telephone ,I know you should have a lovely voice but the problem here in war camp we are not allowed to use telephone and we are not also allowed to use webcam too.As you can see, we are in a tight place here in war camp ,I am really happy that i found you.My dear, I have a son his name is Gibson ,he is 13 yrs old and he lives and studies in Uk ,I will write him after i send this mail to you i am gonna tell him about you,Please free to ask me any question ,I will stop here until i hear from you again, Have a nice day and take good care.
Yours Lover,
Capt David
HeHe had to get stopped this man is a fake!!!
Advertisement

#144391 by TerranceBoyce Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:20 pm
I wouldn't say that all Brits are scammers, or that there aren't any US soldiers who have British roots, but once these romantic GI's start mentioning British or African roots, you should power up your defences. It's usually to cover the one thing they can't hide - their accent, even though their writing gives them away if you read it carefully as they don't write the way you'd expect as a Brit, an American or a soldier.

He doesn't have any friend outside work ? :laugh-s:

CAR ADVERTS - If a car seller mentions escrow - he's scamming you Never ever for any reason pay anything until you have seen and inspected the vehicle
#222080 by mannypeacecat Tue Oct 07, 2014 4:54 pm
Still out there

Using the Name Jeff Hawkins ([email protected]) - same story as told to multiple others on this board

Contacted me via Match.com - user name RainingShower9

Widower, wife died in childbirth, orphan... very convincing

However, I looked closer at the photos he sent and saw Butterfield on his jacket - google search led me here

Didn't get round to asking for money etc. but judging by the other posts on here, he probably will

Take care