Information on romance scams and scammers.
#6616 by Holly Brown Wed Dec 31, 2008 5:50 pm
Dennis contacted me on 4ppl.com. This was his initial message:

I was touched and moved when i go through your profile that is why i wrote this short message about me and I'll like to pick you from here, I am Dennis 5"6ft, weight 210 Pound, Blondy dark brown hair, 40 yrs old, I'm from hugoton,Ks I'm cool, humble,cool,passionate and good looking man I'm nice and respectful with God fearing, I'm honest and sincere person I'll love to know more about you also I'm free minded man always tells my mind to someone who wish to know more about me, i promise i won't left any question behind to answer you, thanks so much to read about me you can go through my profile to know little about me before we talk better via email please reply me back and tell me about you, I'll love to know more about you, hope to hear from you soon.if you don't mind you can replied me back with you email address so we can communicate better and you can hook me on my mail geffjamm@ yahoo .com you can also add me on your yahoo online chat. Dennis

Aside from the problems with English grammar (not problems usually seen in Americans who are simply sloppy in their grammar), this shows several signs of a scammer.

1 – He uses the term “God fearing.” This is common among scammers, as they seem to feel that Western people trust more when they think they are dealing with someone devout.

2 – He is very hit-and-miss with capitalization and punctuation. Again, this is not a definite sign of a scammer, but it is something to look out for.

3 – His email address – geffjamm – sounds like he might be using it somewhere else with a different name. A search of the name didn’t bring up anything incriminating – yet. He may have recently created this email address.

Here is his online profile:

Loving
I am a: Man
Birthday: 20.04.1968
Looking for: Woman
Hobbies: Wathcing Football, Golf
Height: 5'4"-5'7" (161-170cm)
Smoker: Never smoked
Drinker: Socially
Children: no children
Want Children: Doesn't matter
Relationship: Woman
Education: High School
Income: Ok, VERY wealthy
Language: English
Ethnicity: Latino
Religion: Christian
Body Type: About average
Eye Color: Brown
Hair Color: Dark brown

About me:
I'm Cool, Nice well looking man I'm honest straight well behavior, I'm free minded man i like to tell my mind to someone who is ready to know about me, I'm here seeking for true love and a real soul mate , My Hobby is to play Hockey and watch Football. I love England Football to America LOL will tell more later , I love to travel allot i have been to some places, I will love to tell more about me later..

About you:
I'm Cool, Nice well looking man I'm honest straight well behavior, I'm free minded man i like to tell my mind to someone who is ready to know about me, I'm here seeking for true love and a real soul mate , My Hobby is to play Hockey and watch Football. I love England Football to America LOL will tell more later , I love to travel allot i have been to some places, I will love to tell more about me later..

Notice that the “About me” and “About you” are identical. Also, he says “I will” where it is more appropriate to say “I would.”

[email protected] if you want to ask me more questions.
Advertisement

#6626 by Ralph Thu Jan 01, 2009 8:01 am
Add to the list of things to be concerned about the results of a search on the email address leaving out the @yahoo.com part Click Here

From those hits is this profile found here http://www.luckyusalover.com/profiles/n ... vaai7.html
DATING PROFILE - geffjamm

geffjamm
48-years-old male The picture soesn't look like he is 48 years old but he may have had a good life, also note "48 years old male" the Africans in particular are terrible with past and present and will often put in or omit an "S"
From United States
Seeking female: 37 - 55
Am looking for someone that is very trustworthy The concept of "I am" seems to alude them often, there is also the use of "trustworthy" very common for scammers to use or seek this attribute

ABOUT MYSELF
some details about me: Am a person that fear God and a trustworthy person and a person who know how to treat a woman
marital status: Widowed Widowed is very common for the males, as is the addition of a child who seems to get him/herself into many life threatening circumstances
eyes: Black/Ebony
hair: Black
body type: Average
tall 5'10 (178cm)
weigh 125 lbs (57kg) I would think his weight would be much more than that looking at the photo
education: High school
smokes: No, don't smoke they never drink or smoke, one day I may be surprised but i have never seen it
drinks: Never
has children: No Unusual to not have children but not unheard of either
job: Business/Financial
IDEAL MATCH
some details about ideal match: Am looking for someone that is very trustworthy and faer God and a woman who know how to treat a Man
Other than that, this is the least fussy person I have seen, you can often spot a scammer by that alone, no offence intended to anybody who is towards the extremes of his ideal person but a person who is as good a catch as he says is going to be much fussier than this
education: No Answer
weight between 90 lbs ( 41kg) and 300 lbs (138kg)
tall between 4'2 (127cm) and 7'0 (213cm)
smokes: No Answer
drinks: No Answer
marital status: No Answer
job: No Answer
#6642 by Michelle Fri Jan 02, 2009 7:18 am
Dennis the Romance Scammer wrote:if you don't mind you can replied me back with you email address so we can communicate better and you can hook me on my mail geffjamm@ yahoo .com you can also add me on your yahoo online chat. Dennis

Romance scammers will want to stop writing via the On-line Private Messaging of the dating site as soon as possible and start using regular e-mail / Messenger or phone. This is because if one of his victims reports him as a scammer, or the Site Admin spots him as a spammer he will loose his dating account and his victims will be beyond his reach.