Information on romance scams and scammers.
#408798 by Ele Key Mon Apr 20, 2020 5:58 am
This guy was in a spanish dating site Meetic. Similar to some scams I found here dated between 2012-2015. Very attractive. Has a Linkedin page with the same name. Long emails - for 1 month, then he had to take off to Turkey urgently for a contract of 2.100.000 for 3 month. He even sent a copy of the contract, obviously fake. I confirmed through some friends working in Turkey. We were chating for another month and a half before he said some machine he was working with was broken, the reparation cost were 96.000, he had 60.000 in cash, borrowed 30.000 from a friend and would wonder if I could borrow him some. He even sent me a copy of his passport, USA citizen.Once I said no he suggested any ammount, and then he had to say that he will have to sell his presonal belongings including the phone and will not be able to communicate with me any more. Stayed nice and gentle till the end. I publish his 1st letter..

Hello
It's with a heart filled with great delight that I write to you this piece which I hope it find you in a peaceful frame of mind to say thank you very much for the time and effort you spent to write back to me... I was wondering why you haven't written me all these while, i actually thought something was wrong or i had the wrong email.
Have you ever felt this way, funny writing about yourself? Not knowing where to start and how to end because you don't want to sound too perfect for someone not to feel like you're self praising yourself? I tend to feel that way sometimes when I am writing about myself.
I'm new to internet dating, I've been on the platform for about a month and I hope that it would go well between us.
I was born in Los Angeles California, my father is an American and my mother is from Australia, but I grew up with my mum in New Castle, Australia... My Father died when I was very young and my Mom and I moved to Australia. I was once married, but later a widower was due to chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD), that claims the lives of my wife.
I attended the University of Southern California... where I studied industrial engineering.
I am a global Engineering contractor agent, I am into Installation of a Gas turbine, engineering job has taken me to over 16 countries of the world ranging from Asia, Middle east , Europe , Oceania and Africa. I do basically rig constructions and renovations or over water bridges. I have worked at many countries across the globe.
I see myself as a very loyal and faithful lover, I was faithful to my relationship with my late wife, and we actually planned to move over to Spain before she died.
I am sporty, stable mentally and physically, I have much to laugh about, a positive person. I am very easy to carry and a good listener. I enjoy playing golf and football, I go to the movies or like to watch movies in my room, I like swimming, listening to music, traveling, and bowling. I am a family oriented person and much more.
I am very keen to know more about what makes you the special person you are today, I would to know more about the background of your life experiences, your goals and dreams, your interests, until you learn the secrets that you rarely share with someone! Then come and share with me.
This will be the opportunity to see how things work. I am very new and I think you coming into my life will be an advantage. I hope that we will never part, because I know that a woman is always the glory of love.
I look forward to hearing from you soon

Hugs and Kisses from Michael
Advertisement