Information on romance scams and scammers.
#55492 by roxs12 Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:39 am
This guy email my on match.com profile name tkay07, I think this is a scam again. Why do I only find scammer on these dating sites

This is the email.

My Name Terry,I am new to this and i was browsing the site and i saw your profile and it did attracted me cause of great personality and your pics also looking so pretty and great looking that what made me contacted you,And I will like to know what you looking for on here view mine and see may be we can get together Feel free to write me back directly to my email address at joanwterry///// at////// yahoo////////dot//////com cos I'm not gonna be on this site as soon i send you this mail so if you reply me back i won't be able to reply you cos i don't use to come on this site everyday OK is better you contact me ,I will be waiting to read from you back asap

Terry

I emailed him back with this

Hi there,

Thanks for the email.

Tell me a bit about yourself

He sent me a long email back, but if you read it, you can tell that he never read what I wrote

My name is Terry Williams,37 yrs old from Australia but i left there when my parent died and desire relocate to the State and i live in Rochester NY and i am planing to come and settle down in Australia when i find someone living in Australia so that i can come and settle down there I just want you to know that I very much appreciated receiving your letter every moment i check my mail!,Your answers are great and i feel comfortable in your words,..... you sound like all i want , you are my perfect match . You are a very special person who I SERIOUSLY want to explore the possibility of building a long term friendship with, that will in time turn into a marriage and family. That is my dream, and I hope to make it come true with you!. In my heart I feel you have all the qualities it takes to make me very happy....I'll like to tell you so many things about me, so I'm gonna put enough effort in this mail.... About my family its a long story to tell and touching that make me share tears whenever i remembered the past.I will keep this short,i came out from a good combination of two,my Mom is from UK while Dad is from Australia.I am the one and only Son of my parent, i will count it ,I have a big Family because i don't know much about my Moms family in the UK while my Dads part is very small...Unfortunately i lost my parent same day, same time, same moment by a car accident, this happened about 18years ago, since then i have started to live my life by myself and not depending on my family, although i am still a single because of the courage my Mom use to give and advises she use to give to me about life , but i am glad i am whom i am today. This make me remember when my late father were alive my dad's Cousin do come to us in Queensland for a visit but after the final burial of my parent they decided to raise me some fund to stand on my own then left for Australia, and for me to continue with my life carrier until i come to them with my future Wife for a special introduction....

I'm sure you'll be wondering what a Man like doing on a dating site,Well.... I was cheated, My Ex cheated on me and i just have to let go forever and ever...Its happened one Saturday i was to travel for a business trip to Illinois in Chicago, and she drooped me at the airport and left...But suddenly i couldn't make my flight that day cause, my flight was re scheduled to be the next Saturday and i have to go back home, to get her informed that flight was re-scheduled....Getting to my place, i couldn't find her in the sitting room so i have to check her in bed room, on getting there...I couldn't stand what i saw!!! I CAUGHT HER MAKING LOVE TO MY BEST FRIEND. All i was mad and crazy...don't know what to say or to do..So i just started crying and she was trying to make me understand that its the work of Devil and not her intention, and ever since then i was single, lonely and far from sex till date. My reasoning which I understand,is very strange in today's world, but my belief is my heart and soul, and the passion that is in it is very unique and special, so I made the decision and made a promise to God that I would not be sexually active for the sake of just wanting sex, or to have sex for someone else own self gratification. Knowing the passion that is contained in my heart and soul is very unique, I made the decision to abstain from sex because I want this special gift to be shared with the person I am dedicating the rest of my life.But now i think, i should try and give it a trial again, Am presently looking for a Woman that will be able to listen to me , communicate her feelings to me , make me laugh...It is very important for me to build a life of stability, security, and opportunity for the special person I hope to share my thoughts, feelings, experiences, dreams and fantasies with, and to offer the best in opportunities for any children that might be included in my life and that is my focus at this time and I also do enjoy my job. Professionally, i have once been an accountant for a gold company in Australia before facing the career i have always prayed for.I do travel outside of the States to buy Art Sculptures , craft, bids etc and ship it into the States for sales. this have make me travel a lot, i have been to different European countries ,twice in England, and I am presently in Africa(Nigeria ),is not just a visit ,am here on business trip, am here to buy gold,sculptures and some paintings , it is cheaper down here compared to other part of the world, I inherit this business from my late parents , it has been an interesting business.My goals and dreams are to live a good life,and maybe meet someone that believes in unconditional love.I've got a great sense of humor,I am more conservative politically than liberal...I work hard, and know how to have fun.. Actually I'll be back home as soon as I'm through with my beloved business here....And would love to meet you when i get back home...I think its time for me to find a woman that was blessed with an over abundance of passion to give to the ones I share my heart and soul with. For you to really know me you will have to experience me, as the love that makes up my heart is like a waterfall, where the water never stops flowing down. In this case my heart is the waterfall, and the love and passion that flows endlessly is representing the water. I am a very unique person for many reasons, but one of those is the fact that I can never get enough of romancing that special someone.

Thank you again for giving me the opportunity to build this special friendship with you!. You will be rewarded for it through the passionate love that makes up my heart and soul!. I am so excited to be able to do what I do best and that is romance you with all the passion that makes up my heart and soul!. My special friendship with you is something I want to make permanent and eventually build into a family to call our very own!
Directly from my heart to yours!
Please send me more pics of you

Terry Always care for you
Advertisement

#55494 by Katharina Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:48 am
Hi roxs12,
thanks for posting this warning. To make it more efficient, that is, to help others who might google the scammer's email address, please don't hide it.
It is important to hide the email address of honest persons, but the scammer is not one of them. :lol:
#55508 by Dotti Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:48 am
I'm guessing that the US location is California, which is yahoo's headquarters. Sometimes these emails are sent using a protocol that doesn't give a true originating location.

The writing tells me that the person is definitely African, not American.

Need to post photos? http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
Are you a victim of a romance scam? Read here for advice and FAQ's.