Information on romance scams and scammers.
#7095 by FFS Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:37 am
Received: from [66.90.101.126] by web111214.mail.gq1.yahoo.com via HTTP; Thu, 29 Jan 2009 10:33:37 PST
X-Mailer: YahooMailWebService/0.7.260.1
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2009 10:33:37 -0800 (PST)
Reply-To: [email protected]
Subject: Thanks and Welcome

His initial message to me :

Hello Damsel,
Its a lovely and greatest minute in my life, when i view your displayed pics.how i wish to meet you and have a chat with you in order to disclose that loving and mind blowing words you hide within you.To make me more surprise and have the greatest of all wonder, can you please meet me at yahoo [email protected] am online now you can add me to your list if you don't mind consider this the best opportunity to meet the best chat mate in your life. hope to meet you in any of the stated options. thanks

:: Second email header::
Received: from [41.219.219.143] by web111202.mail.gq1.yahoo.com via HTTP; Fri, 30 Jan 2009 10:00:07 PST
X-Mailer: YahooMailWebService/0.7.260.1
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2009 10:00:07 -0800 (PST)
Reply-To: [email protected]

:: I guess he forgot to scramble the IP this time, because now it originates from Lagos in Nigeria::

It's me Dennis from POF hope we get to know here better and welcome

Hello Dennis :)
Nice to see you emailing me .
Tell me a bit more about yourself please, like where you live, what
you do and give me a visual image of yourself.

Nice hearing back from you.. i will send you some pic of my when i get on my pc at home right.. am from TX, Fort Worth precisly.. am an Engineer basically into Builiding and construction .... and business consultant ... am a single man.. i lost my wife 3years ago in a plane crash but as being lonely since then and trying to keep my head straighten up... and i joined POF some few days ago ... I just checked on it today and came across your charming profile... i was born in Mexico but grew up here in US... So wht about you tell me... I guess this is little.. like swimming, riding , skating and doing some indoor games as well... Just to keep body and soul together and i have take my work as something important but not that important to much.. As having an happy moment of lifetime and being together with whom you love as well... So I guess i am short of word here.. Lets get to know better,,, Dennis

I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your wife, it must be awful to
just suddenly stand alone like that. I have had a few guys but
haven't really been committed to anyone. I guess I like my freedom.
I'm into Photography and tradings of the smaller kind. nothing
big.. at least not anything that will get me in the riches. lol.
I like travelling when i can afford it.

Thanks for the reply and how was your day.. i guess all is fine.. So can we get along together and see what happen.. looking for someone special here and trying to make it up with life .... So how is your work doing..? and hope u will have a nice working day.. Bye for now.. Dennis

Oh my day was a bit tiring, has been for the past few days since
one of the computers at home has come down in bugs and wheezes and
errors.. ugh.. tech stuff basically. I'm just glad it's not my
computer. I prefer using XP than the oh so buggy Vista..

I have a few days off work, will be back doing such on monday..

It sounds like you have an interesting profession.. building
contracts and consultation all at the same time :) How do you cope
with so many tasks all up in the air at one time? It must be tough!

How is the weather down there? Is it chilly or warmish?

Hello hw are you doing..? I guess all is fine with you.. it's not that easy but am coping... Am presently in nigeria for a project now and it's very hot here.... I guess you had a very nice weekend..? i got off today.. am probably the boss of myself.. You understand what i mean... How do we chat together.. can i have your cell number so we can tlk better on phone.. Hope to hear back from you. Miss you and need something special from you... a warm hugs

Hii,
Everything is just fine over here *S*
Oh, that's where you are. in nigeria.. must be exciting down there.
diferent country and everything. How long will you be stationed
down there? A couple of months? *is
curious*
I'm sorry but I do not have a cell number, and the landline number
right now has been cut off due to high expenses *sigh* I am
borrowing the internet from a dear friend of mine. So it's best
that we talk via email for now. Keep in touch. *hugs*

Thanks for the reply.. I wll be staying for a couple of weeks,,,, It's okay but a little bit hotter here... So how was your weekend.. I guess all is fine...? Take good care of yourself for me .. I willl like to meet you in person soon.. Kisses and Hugs.,... Dennis

But you hardly know me Dennis.. wouldnt it be better if we just
kept this email communication until we know more about one another?

Okay.. Thats nice so how was your week... I Hope u had a very successful week ahead

Eh.. my week is a complete headache trying to re-install Vista on
someone elses machine and it's just giving me more headaches than
any other system I've
repaired

How is your week to be?

Okay darling thats nice... it's okay out here as well... trying to get some stuffs straighten up and work on some project it's a little bit hot today here in Nigeria.. In Few hrs time i will going on site to inspect some works.. which state are you from and town... Hope to hear back from you... Missing you hope we meet soon

Not that it matters much but I am in Norrbotten and a town called
Haparanda, that is the utmost and furthest point you can get to be
in Sweden. yay.

Ever notice how he's ignoring part of my emails to him? He's asking me repeatedly how my weekend was.. I'm getting the big picture here that he doesn't know what Vista is, that, and he's pretty insistent on 'visiting' me even though I haven't said a word about coming here to Sweden.. Oi!

That will be lovely... I guess am welcome to visit you there.,... Today is a little bit stressful.. But am doing fine... So tell me what are yu looking for a man .. So i can make you happy i L:et me klnow sweetie

What if I were to tell you that I'm not looking for a man? That I
am only seeking a friend? Would you be dissapointed then? And you
shouldn't be guessing that you think you're welcome here. I still
don't know who you are

Already now he's coming on to me.. hmm.. I haven't agreed to him coming over here.. yet.. if I ever would anyhows!
Last edited by FFS on Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Advertisement

#7211 by FFS Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:59 am
Continuation of emails.... as follows..

Lad: Waow.. am not disappointed at all... U are right we get to know even more better.. am looking for friendship as well and maybe something better.. time will tell right welcme and how was yur day

Me: If you're looking for friendship then maybe you should start over again and tell me who you really are and not using some fake mask, name or photo and pretending to be someone who you are not.. Afterall, honesty comes first.. and so far you've not been honest in the slightest..

Lad: Sorry what do you mean by this

Me: Oh.. besides the fact that your english grammar seriously sucks? And that there are several pointers in your emails that you are not american at all but are in fact an african person? I'll be willing to have continued email contact with you if you strip your false identity and be honest with me.

Lad: Thanks and welcome... am frm Nigeria and you.. you are right and thats very good of you and tell me where are you from..

Me: Okies, beginning from scratch. My name is (my name) and I am from (my town & country). Now how about you? What is your real name and location?

Yes, I am a bit pushy, I seriously didn't think he would still keep in touch with me.. but seemingly he just can't let go.. hehe
#7451 by FFS Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:28 pm
He sent me a couple of 'real' photos of himself since I cornered him..
I guess the next I will be doing is asking him to take a pic of himself with something special that I will be requesting.. hmm..