Information on romance scams and scammers.
#56444 by agave182 Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:59 pm
I got this email this morning and thought I'd post it here so others can see the email address being used. Classic bad grammar and total bull. I have no profile on messengerfreak.com so that tipped me off very quickly. Obvious scam is obvious.

Hi Dearest one.
How are you today,my name is miss Tiara,i became interested after going through your profile messengerfreak.com,really you have a nice and interesting profile,it is my wish to express my myself as i wish for us to be friends and let see what the future hold for us and meanwhile smile for we have found each other,write me at my email id ( [email protected] ) for easy communication between us so that I can send you more details about my self Including my picture,I believe we can move from here. Bear in mind that friendship and Love has no color barrier, no educational back ground barrier,no social-economic Barrier,religious,language,nationality or distance barrier,the only important Thing there is love, Yours Sincerely Tiara
Advertisement

#56528 by agave182 Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:50 pm
And here is a follow up email. This is the third email received from "Tiara." I forgot to save the second email but basically "she" told me of how her family was all killed during the Jan 12, 2010 earthquake in Haiti. Her father put some $2.7mil. into some account that she just can't seem to gain access to. "She" asked for full name and address and telephone number in the second email. Apparently the scammer's English isn't good enough to realize Harry Zack O'Balls isn't a legit name. Also, the address and telephone number I provided was for a police department clear across the country from me.

The third email in full along with some pictures used:

I thank you so much my dear,
Glory to God Almighty for making you understand my condition and still focused on help me and I pray that you will never lack in your life. I contacted you to help me out,I just believed in God Almighty, because he has a reason for me to know you and i believe that you can help me out from my present condition, so I'm so great full to God almighty, I was afraid of people due to all the bad things going on but i believe you are not like that, but now I have to win the confidence to continue the struggle for independence and success in my education.
I really appreciate your effort to help me out of my current condition, please i want you to keep this transaction as a secret for security reasons.Awaiting for my arrival to meet with you to start a new life. Please dear as soon as the money is transferred in to your account, send me some money to prepare my traveling documents to join you.
When you contact the bank, tell them you are my foreign partner and you wants to help me transfer my late fathers money into your account.that you have been directed by me. To make it easier for me due to my refugee status. In this sense,below are the information's about the bank account. contact them to discuss the possibility of transferring this money into your account try keep me in touch.
Here is the account information;

Country ------- -- Haiti
Name of depositor- ---- Dr.Edouard Ben Gaillot.
Account Number- ------ JIB#30895979943618.
Amount- ---------- US$2,7 000,000.00
Next Of Kin-------- Miss Tiara Gaillot.

This is the bank contact;
Name- Jordan International Bank plc.
Address- 103 Mount Street, London, United Kingdom.
Through John Clarke who is the Assistant General Manager under Private Banking because i was directed to him when i first contacted the bank.
general contact,
E-mail; [email protected]
Phone- +447-045-700-449,
Fax- +447-024-083-382,
Email; [email protected]

May God bless you as I'm in high spirit with great expectations waiting to hear from you remember to contact the bank with your below information.

Your full names...........
Telephone number........
Occupation........
Account details.....
Address.......

with hope of getting good news regarding what you finalized with them, i knows that God is with us and will surely help in releasing this money into your account of which will also quicken my freedom out of this camp and country in meeting with you over there to start a new life. For now i have no means to give you a call but you can only contact me through the Reverend father who is in charge of the camp by name Rev. Samuel Diop. Call his office with this number (+221_778_035_535) and tell him that you want to speak with Tiara and he will sent for me. Dear i accept total refund of every expenses whether documented or not but the percentage i will issue to you remains at 20 percent(%),Have a nice day as i wait to hear good news from you. Thanks a lot darling. Your's love,
Miss Tiara

Photos removed because they were not posted following Forum rules, see my post below. (I gave it one day to be corrected.) ~Bubbles
#56566 by Bubbles Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:36 am
Welcome to ScamWarners agave182. Great to spot the signs that this is a scam. Thank you for sharing the information here for others to find.

Will you please deface the pictures by writing across them "Used by scammer" so they are not picked up and re-used by other criminals. Thank you. Here is our policy on posting pictures: viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219

Bubbles, former Scamwarners moderator.

Rest in Peace 24 June 2015.

Gone, but never forgotten.
#56697 by agave182 Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:00 pm
Sorry about the photos. I'll be honest and say that I didn't even know there were rules about posting photos. I no longer have the email containing the photos and I only linked to the url of the photos. The post will have to stand alone without them.