Information on romance scams and scammers.
#56567 by scamsniffer Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:38 am
This woman claims to be in UK as a post-graduate- but is from the U.S.-- has a passport, but NO MONEY to come back here. I offered her a non-refundable non-transferrable ticket but that was not good enough, she wanted me to send the "discretionary cash" which I am smart enough to not do. There is NO legitimate reason why she could not do it with the "miles ticket" that would cost me nothing and would get her here- but obviously her goal is not to "get here" but to "get the cash"
She posts photos that are obviously taken professionally as the lighting is perfect and the set looks like it is professionally setup also- they are not typical snapshots of regular people. I have found that so far 100% of such pictures are not of the person talking to you. following is a snippet from the yahoo chat:
dan: would you be interested in a non-refundable non-transferrable ticket one-way to LAX?
dan: that is good for flight on a major carrier- but cannot be cashed in- or sold or given to another person- only good for YOU.
sandra_rome333: send the money i will buy it
dan: you are scammer
dan: I don't send discretionary cash-
sandra_rome333: call me that
Advertisement