Information on romance scams and scammers.
#56787 by scamsniffer Fri Jun 24, 2011 6:50 pm
Requires that you pay for a $400 satellite phone system so you can talk with her- otherwise will not continue to chat or develop relationship. Refuses to pay with her own money- and is a requirement to continue. SCAM

July 19, 2011- This time she attempts to scam me with a phony leave request- see the email- and the email header is hiding the originating IP by proxy server- because she is an african scammer-

70.38.109.237 Proxy Server Canada

Received: from [70.38.109.237] by web121404.mail.ne1.yahoo.com via HTTP; Tue, 19 Jul 2011 03:49:57 PDT
X-Mailer: YahooMailClassic/14.0.3 YahooMailWebService/0.8.112.307740
Message-ID: <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2011 03:49:57 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: ***LEAVE APPROVAL FOR OFFICER ( PHILLIPS PEYTON) , GET BACK TO ME ASAP***

<-----Original Message----->

Sent: 7/10/2011 9:01:37 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: ***LEAVE APPROVAL FOR OFFICER ( PHILLIPS PEYTON) , GET BACK TO ME ASAP***
Dear MR. DAN,

My name is Gen. Raymond Odierno of the US Army. I have been put in-charge of the Transit process of Officer Phillips Peyton by the Transit Department of the US Army. I promise to guild you through the process to the best of my ability.

You can now proceed with the transit application of your Soldier woman, Officer "Phillips Peyton"

You should also be aware that, during this transit process, you are going to remit some amount of money to our finance department, ($876)USD. This will be returned to you as soon as your Soldier woman's safe exit from the war zone is confirmed. You are advised to fill and get back to me with the attached money back guarantee form via email only.

Once you provide us with this information you are no longer anonymous to us. (We) protect your privacy and we do not insist that you provide extra personal information than necessary.

All information collected will not be used for any illegal activity. The information is what we are going to use to register your name with the Military Transit Department. Get back to me as soon as possible.

Regards,

GENERAL RAYMOND T. ODIERNO
Multi-National Corps Iraq
Public Affairs Office, Camp Victory
APO AE 09342.

All this must have been written by someone with a 5th grade education at most.
Advertisement