Information on romance scams and scammers.
#54839 by bstoffel87 Tue May 31, 2011 11:28 pm
Second

On May 23, 2011, at 2:34 PM, Este Yanguez <[email protected]> wrote:

Hello,
      Its really nice to hear back from you please send me more pics. Well am still in Philippines and meanwhile still teaching the Motherless Babies Home this week for WHO teaching against HIV. Would going on break in couple of Days as stated in my previous email which i might consider visiting you at that time if necessary. I want you to know it is my first time doing this internet stuff and i'm new to online dating just want to see how it goes and if it is for real because everything deserves a try. I am here to meet the right man for me, I like Fishing, hiking, cooking, camping, and mostly shopping. I hope you know Love is not about finding the right person, but creating a right relationship. It's not about how much love you have in the beginning but how much love you build till the end, I've come to learn so much about love from my parents before they died and know all about what is means, I'm talking about faith here - when feelings are so powerful it's as if some force beyond your control is guiding you to someone who can make you happy beyond your wildest dreams, Never question if you are in love or not, because if you were you wouldn't need to ask, You fail to see the one who loves you standing right in front as does she fail to see you love her in turn. Don't wait to tell her because it might be too late then, What should be more important is the love you share, the memories you have and the one you are in love with? Give love a chance to swallow you up. Don't just think it will happen in a instant it will surprise you before you know it, but it will be the most rewarding experience you will ever have. Love is a noble act of self-giving, offering trust, faith, and loyalty. The more you love, the more you lose a part of yourself yet you don't become less of who you are, you end up being complete with your loved ones. Don't just love him/her but show him/her, As food is needed for the body they same, that is the same way love is needed for the soul. Distance between us does not bother me right now as I know we could meet, I liked your profile and all I read about it was awesome and that was why i replied, it will be my pleasure to get to know more about you and I am putting some questions out to you.....

How do you deal with frustration?
What is your birth Date?
What is your Location (city/state) ?
What do you do for a living? (Occupation)?
Do you own a house of live in an apartment?
What kind of relationship do you seek?
What are the basic qualities you seek for in a lady?
What sort of relationship you seek for?
What interests you?
What is your favorite color?
Do you have any pets?
What type of music you listen too?
What do you drive?
You ever been married?
Got kids?
What do you do for fun?
Do you like public intimacy?
How long have you been single?
What's being single like?
How do you treat your lady?
Why do you need a lady?
Can you love this lady?
What is love to you?
Would you hit your lady for any reasons?

I'll hopefully want to know what your consent is about these questions. I want to get to know you and meet you. You are a darling,
Hugs And Kisses.

Este

P:S i always like to keep the people i teach updated with my daily bible reading, maybe you can be interested in sharing the word of God with me as well, if not i will stop sending them

Watch therefore, for you do not know what hour your Lord is coming. But know this, that if the master of the house had known what hour the thief would come, he would have watched and not allowed his house to be broken into. Therefore you also be ready, for the Son of Man is coming at an hour you do not expect.
Matthew 24:42-44
Advertisement

#54840 by bstoffel87 Tue May 31, 2011 11:30 pm
Third

On May 24, 2011, at 1:03 AM, Este Yanguez <[email protected]> wrote:

Hello Brice
    What a good response to the questions. I adore your answers and I am opening to you to see where this might lead. Just need you to be ease with it, I will be coming back home pretty soon in about 1 or 2 week.  Can you be the man you have illustrated in you written, I hope you can. Since the question is reciprocal my answers are below here:

How do you deal with frustration?
I have had a lot of that lately so I can say first hard experience. I face it I get over it. I take walks and talk about it to people who care to listen and I pray and ask for guidance.

WHAT IS YOUR BITHDATE AND WHAT STAR SIGN ARE YOU ? 07 Jan 1985 and also a Capricorn.

What do you do for a living?
I work for WHO (WORLD HEALTH ORGANIZATION ) we teach against HIV in Philippines . Planning on going into Antique business once i have my inheritance approved.

What do you seek for in a relationship?
I seek trust, honesty, understanding, sincerity, love and sharing the good times and bad times together with no fear of what the world might put upon us.

What sort of relationship you seek for?
Well, well, well the relationship I want is one to be build on the solid foundation which is love and trust,I do believe with this 2 ingredients of relationship, so many relationships has come to success unlike ones built on false and pretenses.

What are the basic qualities you seek for in a guy?
The basic qualities are Honesty, Love, Trust, caring.

What interests you?
Wow, God is my first interest, all the things he has created interest me the nature really do.

You ever been married?
No, I am very much single never been married

Got kids?
No never had any.

What do you do for fun?

I like playing basketball, playing billiards, swimming, dancing, writing, reading, watching movies or Television

Do you like public intimacy?
Public intimacy is my thing. I miss that though because i like to cuddle and to walk while holding hand still, it's fun I guess.

How long have you been single?
Been single for about 2 years.

What's being single like?
Being single is the dullest and lonely thing that has ever happened to me.

How do you treat your guy?
I treat him with respect, loyalty, adore him, treat him like the King.

Why do you need a guy?
I need a guy because I feel 2 people can make things always good to have a shoulder to lean on.

Can you love this guy?
Yeah most definitely I will love him.

What is love to you?
Love to me is everything, everything that has made up this world is love.

Would you hit your guy for any reasons? I won't dare that, I will rather discuss it over than fighting.

I hope I have answered the Questions to your satisfaction and if not bring on more. Thanks so much and hope to hear back from you soon, I also added some pictures for you.

Este xx xx

Today's Verse Also is:  Then he called the crowd to him along with his disciples and said: "If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross and follow me. For whoever wants to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for me and for the gospel will save it."
Mark 8:34-35
#54841 by bstoffel87 Tue May 31, 2011 11:31 pm
Forth

On May 24, 2011, at 4:02 PM, Este Yanguez <[email protected]> wrote:

Sweets,
  Thanks so much for the message. Well i'm looking for a caring, honest, trustworthy man that's love, respect me and be faithful to me with all sincerity's, so have you got all that? That really matters to me a lot course I've been through a lot and have had both bad and good sides of relationship, so i know and i wanna be sure because i don't wanna get hurt anymore. So tell me is it hard now for me to believe that u still single, because you're a nice man and fun to be with as i can see. I really would love to be with you for the rest of my life but if you really are still single then why ain't you getting a woman in your life? Anyway tell me again now what you are really looking for in life? A date, relationship, friends, business partner, or you came to play games here course i really need to know your heart before going further with you. I am still on my knees begging for love, not to a stranger but to one I wanna know and be with for the rest of my life... Since you did reply me back. Each night and day I hope and pray that i find the rightful man that will be mine forever . I know it's hard to find the right man and trust a man - giving your heart, body and soul, but know it's me that's on my knees swallowing my pride, begging you, please once again I say please, If you really serious about me course am badly in pain in the past and i want it to go away . I really need to be loved and not to be disappointed , I hope you understand were am coming from and were am going to. I'm seeking for a very serious relationship and not here to play games.

I hope to read from you soonest....

Este
#54842 by bstoffel87 Tue May 31, 2011 11:33 pm
Fifth. This is where I started to question because of the first part of the message

My Dear
    Thank you very much for your reply i am so happy that  you are so serious and i am here to let you know i am also serious too and hope you gonna take good care of me, these is making me really wanna be with you so badly and see if you are truly the man in the emails i get from you because life is so unpredictable. Changes always come along in big or small ways. I don't know what happened that this sudden change has turned my world upside down. I don't know exactly what it is, it just hit me, but there is something really special about you and the email u send to me .
      So my love, Our love started over the net and everything seemed almost perfect. We had never met but the love we felt was so big and true already, and could only become complete by meeting each other, The very first day I'm going to met you in person, we are going to hold one other so tightly. we wont want to let go and time will stand still. We had a perfect day and we knew it could only get better and better if we only stood by each other, held, kissed and hugged. After that moment we never went through a day without saying how much we love and need each other for the rest of our life,Being far away from you is killing me rite now, not sharing every day with you and not being able to hold you whenever I want, hurts so much but I know that at the end of all this pain I will find you. I already deleted my profile from Match as i want to Concentrate with you and you alone, Can you do the same and let plan a great future together.

So babe i need to stop hear now and try to finish what am doing and then email you back when u reply this mail.

Peace and Love

Este
#54843 by bstoffel87 Tue May 31, 2011 11:35 pm
She also said she deleted her profile from match and we met on christianmingle.com. When I asked her which site we met on she said she meant the match site christianmingle. I thought it could've been an honest mistake but this message is when I started questioning everything from her.
#54844 by bstoffel87 Tue May 31, 2011 11:37 pm
Sixth

Hello Brice
              Thanks so much for the sweet message , I will be coming back home in a week and i am hoping to check on you first, I loved every bit of what you write to me each time i open my email account, Something keeps telling me you are the man and i hope you don't let me done. Will love to be that lovely woman in your dreams. I went to bed last night with a vision of you next to me. I slept like a baby all night, because I was not feeling alone. When I woke up this morning to see if it was real or if it was a dream, reality hit me that it was only a dream. Very soon, I know that you will be right next me and that I will not have to dream of it again because you will be right there so we can hold, hug and squeeze each other tight.
 Baby, I long to be there with you so I can help build you and support you, so that we can accomplish a whole lot together as future husband and wife. I  hope you have same feelings for me also. I wish am there with you now but there is something holding me down which is making me feel Lonely (My Work). I will be on break in one week, Hoping to come check on you first. Tell me about your dreams in life and what exactly you think of me most times. You're a wonderful man anyway just making sure everything is okay before we meet.

Reply soon sweetie.

Peace and Love

Este
#54845 by bstoffel87 Tue May 31, 2011 11:39 pm
Seventh

Hello My Dear Brice,

Thanks for the message. Immediately i got your email my feelings turn over on you and it seems you are the right man which i have been searching for to bring back the smile which i use to smile when my dad was still alive, For a good relationship to grow we need to trust each other and be honest with each other to achieve what we want to achieve well i am seeking for man which will be the flesh to my flesh and also the bone to my bone, It's true I have never seen you and we have never met, Never shaken Hands or even truly hugged and yet!I know for sure you care for me by the kindness that you give. And our keyboards keep us together doesn't matter where we live. So i am emailing you to put a smile on your face and to let you know in my heart you have a special place. The sun is always shining just above the cloudy haze as we share friendship across an online maze. We express love and kindness without a face. It comes from deep inside our hearts from a special place. Within our lives we share special dreams, unusual and unique and it is with our keyboards that we speak. You are a friend of mine from the emails we exchange, I wouldn't know you on the street and it doesn't even seem strange. You have brightened my life with the thoughtfulness you show. Your words encourage me more than you could know. As people change and times keep changing too one thing stays the same the way I feel for you. For this friendship we possess we owe a world of gratitude and debt because we would not know each other if it wasn't for the net, I will want you to tell me your feelings about me and what you think we can do to achieve our goal.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Este

Romans 5:1-2 – since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ

This is where she started using poems and I looked them up and found them online
#54846 by bstoffel87 Tue May 31, 2011 11:42 pm
Eighth

Hello My Love ,
   Life is so unpredictable. Changes always come along in big or small ways. I don't know what happened that this sudden change has turned my world upside down. I don't know exactly what it is, It just hit me but there is something really special about you.
   Inside of me there is a place where my sweetest dreams reside, where my highest hopes are kept alive, where my deepest feelings are felt and where my favorite memories are safe and warm.  I find that you're on my mind more often than any other thought. Sometimes I bring you there purposely just to make my day brighter. But more often, you surprise me and find your own ways into my thoughts. There are even times when I awaken, I realize that you've been a part of my dreams. Then during the day when my imagination is free to run it takes me into your arms and allows me to linger there knowing there's nothing I'd rather do. I know my thoughts are only reflecting the loving hopes of my heart because whenever they wander they always take me to you.

I hope to read from you soon

Love you Loads

Este

This one was funny because she said the same exact thing she said in another email.
#54847 by bstoffel87 Tue May 31, 2011 11:43 pm
Ninth

Good Morning Sweets,
    How was your night? I hope you slept well and all is cool with you.. I just got back from church. I wish I didn't have to miss you. If only you could be with me always. I know I could never be any happier. But then again, I know that the day will come when I will be able to spend my every waking moment with you. I even miss you when I am sleeping.
I love you, babe. You are my first and my only love, and I thank you for be so kind with my heart. Hopefully, soon I won't have to hate missing you. I attached some pictures i took yesterday with my mate at work

Love Always
Este

We wait in hope for the LORD; he is our help and our shield. In him our hearts rejoice, for we trust in his holy name. – Psalm 33:20-21
#54848 by bstoffel87 Tue May 31, 2011 11:47 pm
This one was the one I received this morning. I searched the poems online and they led me to this site and I believe two of the same messages were on here but from men instead of women. I really hope these help because I don't want someone else getting taken advantage of. I thought going on a Christian site would be better and it was not. It's really sad that someone spends this much time being fake and putting the word of God into a message but I pray that they see the error of their ways and I also pray that other people will be helped from getting heartbroken from this.

Sweetheart,

I know there's an ocean between us,
and I wish that it weren't true,
for every day when I arise,
I yearn to be with you.
Though a lot of distance lies between us, 
you'll always be in my mind and my heart,
And every night beneath the stars,
I pray for the day we'll never be part.

Every day I will be thinking about you. When my eyes are closed, when I sing and dance to a love song, when I'm checking my email, I will be thinking about you. When I go to sleep in the loneliness of my room and give in to wonderful dreams I will definitely be thinking about you.

I know we will meet soonest and spend our lives with each other. I have waited for someone like you, and now that I have found you I will never let you go. I love you so much Brice

Love Always,
Este

Let them give thanks to the LORD for his unfailing love and his wonderful deeds for men.
— Psalm 107:31
#54850 by Dotti Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:06 am
What you have posted is very typical of the progression of a scam.

The scammer (who is actually more likely a male than a female) has a set of prepared scripts ready for the correspondence. In the beginning, the scammer was sharing a pre-written history and setting up the storyline. The scammer sent you the list of questions because "she" already had prepared answers to those questions. The intent was of course to make "her" seem to be very up-front and honest. As the scam progresses, and you start to ask questions, "she" will seem less open, or maybe unconcerned about your questions, for the simple reason that they aren't in the scammer's script.

The writing tells me you have a typical African scammer here. I'm guessing that you will find NNFMP somewhere in the headers. NNFMP denotes a yahoo protocol that often results in the IP tracing to yahoo headquarters in California rather than the true location. NNFMP is frequently associated with spammers and scammers.

The good thing is that you recognized the scam before you were in any deeper. If you haven't already, please cut off all contact with this scammer. There is information in my signature line as to how to post photos.

Need to post photos? http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
Are you a victim of a romance scam? Read here for advice and FAQ's.
#54852 by bstoffel87 Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:36 am
Dotti,
Thank you for your reply. I am very thankful that I caught it as soon as I did. I wouldn't have given up money to anyone but I'm just happy I never was asked to either. Thank you for your information and thank you for this site. This is a real life saver.
#54860 by Katharina Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:49 am
Hi bstoffel,
unfortunately, I am not familiar with the system your phone companies use in your home country. So when you wrote
She said she was selling her house on Maryland and that she needed my number since she wasn't in the US to get a confirmation code. The confirmation code was sent to me and I gave it to her.

does that mean you registered a phone number in "her" name?
Did you make sure the phone bill will not be charged to your bank account?
#54877 by bstoffel87 Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:35 am
Katharina,
That's a good question. We were on yahoo messenger and the person said they needed a favor. They were trying to sell there house on craigslist and since they were in the philippines they needed a US number to get the confirmation code. She had mine and asked if she could use it. I said sure and seconds later I received a text in Spanish (luckily I can read enough spanish to get an idea of what it said) and it said a user from craigslist is sending you this for the confirmation code which is as follows. It had a code and an email of someone. The phone number was from California because I looked it up by area code. So no I did not open an account in her name or anything like that.
#54886 by Dotti Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:41 am
The scammer may have been using you to set up a craigslist account so he could run other scams on craigslist.

Can you pm me the email address that came with the confirmation code? That may be the email address attached to a fake craigslist account, so I'd like to check it out.

Need to post photos? http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
Are you a victim of a romance scam? Read here for advice and FAQ's.