Information on romance scams and scammers.
#7641 by jesusofsh Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:38 pm
To whom it may concern Iput it on personals (WHY ME IWAS SO TRUSTING) but it could of fell under Love I met Mike Johnson on Catholic People Meet he's a scam artest I went to Dan Noyes for help. I sent all emails to him all i have Pictures too He did nothing and denied that he talked to me on the Phone. read this............... He says he in Nigeria Mike Johnson [email protected]
Deaf Community Targeted By Scam, AgainTuesday, September 19, 2006 | 9:03 PMSecond Professor Accused By Dan NoyesSep. 18 - KGO (KGO) -- The ABC7 News I-Team has found yet another college professor accused of ripping off members of the Bay Area's deaf community.

We thought it was all over after we exposed one local college professor drawing deaf people into scams that cost them hundreds of thousands of dollars. Now, it looks like his good friend's been pulling the same thing during the past two years.
It's been two years since we first introduced you to Brian Malzkuhn, a professor of deaf studies at Fremont's Ohlone College -- he's deaf himself. Person after person told us Malzkuhn dragged them into scams that cost them their life savings, and in the case of one San Jose couple, their home.
Story continues belowAdvertisement
Bill Ramos, scam victim: "I saw that and I thought, 'Oh, it makes me sick. What's he doing running from the camera? He looks like a coward. Why doesn't he just tell the truth?'"
Bill and Marie Ramos lost the home they owned for thirty years because Malzkuhn convinced them to take out first and second mortgages, close their investment accounts, and get cash advances on their credit cards -- more than a million dollars total.
Marie Ramos, scam victim: "So, we filled out the paperwork, everything went well, we got the money and we gave the money to Brian."
It appears Malzkuhn sent most of the money -- if not all of it -- to a Nigerian investment scam. Chances are, you've seen those "get rich quick" e-mails. After the I-Team revealed what happened, several law enforcement agencies investigated, but the case went nowhere because they couldn't prove Malzkuhn personally profited from the scam.
Sources at the FBI now tell us, here's the most frustrating part of the case. Their failure to prosecute Malzkuhn appears to have emboldened his good friend, another college professor, to pull the same sort of scam.
We met Michael Johnson in the summer of '04 outside the Ramos' home. At the time, Johnson told us he knew no one ever made a penny from those Nigerian scams. But, in the months to follow, he got involved himself and he got others involved.
Hsiu-Ling Yeh, scam victim: "He said it was a business emergency, he didn't explain it in great depth, he just said he really needed it, it was for a business emergency."
Hsiu-Ling Yeh is a job coach for deaf workers at Old Navy and Johnson's long-time friend. He convinced her to take out an equity line of credit on her Daly City home. He even went to the bank with her. At first, Johnson needed $91,000, but he kept coming back for more.
ABC7's Dan Noyes: "How much money total did you give him?"
Hsiu-Ling Yeh: "$584,000."
Johnson wouldn't answer any of our questions by e-mail, so we tracked him down. He teaches sign language at City College of San Francisco, at College of San Mateo and at West Valley College in Saratoga.
Dan Noyes: "What happened with her money?"
Mike Johnson, college professor: "I don't know. She agreed to help me, so sorry!"
Johnson wouldn't say what he did with Hsiu-Ling Yeh's $584,000.
Dan Noyes: "Did you send a lot of Hsui's money to Nigeria? Is that what you did with it?"
Mike Johnson: "It's not your problem, it's not your problem. It's not my problem."
Dan Noyes: "It's not your problem?"
Mike Johnson: "The case is closed."
The case Johnson's talking about is the bankruptcy he filed this year -- he still could face criminal charges. In court documents, we found another deaf person Johnson drew into the Nigerian scam  Gary Hendrix.
Gary Hendrix, scam victim: "As a result of this, over the course of two years, I've lost 15 pounds, my wife has suffered, been constant aggravation, I feel he really destroyed my life."
Hendrix had an insurance settlement after a house fire and Johnson took $95,000 of it. The professor even signed a note, promising to pay back the money within a month. He didn't.
Johnson sent Hendrix this e-mail, citing his old friend Brian Malzkuhn: "What can I do? Nothing! ... The Ramos couple had no way to get the money back from Brian at all. They lost everything."
Gary Hendrix: "And I know I've lost my money and I won't be getting it back, but we feel that we really want to see him punished for what he's done."
Mike Johnson: "There's so many scams, all over, not me, I'm not the only one. Why do you pick on the deaf people only? Why don't you pick on the hearing people?"
Dan Noyes: "You were picking on the deaf people."
Hsui-Ling Yeh and Gary Hendrix complained to the Daly City Police, but got nowhere. After a cursory investigation last month, an officer wrote, "I have profound moral sympathy" for the victims' loss, but "I have no evidence of a crime."
Former San Mateo County prosecutor Dean Johnson disagrees.
Dean Johnson, ABC7 legal analyst: "If I were still prosecuting white collar crime in San Mateo and got this evidence, I can virtually guarantee you that a case would be filed and somebody would go to prison."
He says Michael Johnson should be investigated, even if he didn't keep a dime of the victims' money.
Dean Johnson: "If he knew that the Nigerian scam was a scam and he still promoted these people to invest their money and gave all the money to Nigeria, it's still theft by false pretenses."
We contacted the San Mateo County District Attorney's Office this afternoon and they are now looking into the Michael Johnson matter. The FBI is adding him to their Brian Malzkuhn investigation. We'll stay on top of this, during the coming weeks.
We want to make sure word gets out to the deaf community about these scams, so we've taped a sign language interpreter for this story. Click on the video player at the top of the page to see this report with the sign language interpreter. (NOTE: There are three versions of this report in the video player -- 1) Report with sign language interpreter, 2) Sign language interpreter ONLY and 3) Report with no interpreter)
>> E-mail the ABC7 I-Team

(Copyright ©2009 KGO-TV/DT. All Rights Reserved.)

Print Article abc7 News Team

Dan Noyes

Dan Noyes is the chief investigative reporter for the ABC7 News I-Team....
Story Tools
Print ShareAdd this article to Facebook
Digg this Article
Add this article to Delicious
Get our free widget
Most Popular
Viewed Searched Ammiano presents bill to legalize pot
TMZ claims photo is a beaten Rihanna
Man thinks he may be octuplets' dad
Finney's Friday Free Stuff
'Slumdog Millionaire' rules Oscars
Top Stories
Ammiano presents bill to legalize pot
Serial molestor still loose in Berkeley
Flood relief efforts continue in San Pablo
Economists wary of economic progress
Obama pledges $15B for Medicaid
Accuweather
57°
P/CLOUDY

Forecast Next 24 Hours
Live Doppler 7

State Forecasts Weather Maps
Int'l Forecasts Live Video Advertisement

abc7news.com home Site Map RSS Sales Media Kit DTV Reports Technical Help ABC.com ABCNews.com
Privacy Policy Safety Information for this site Terms of Use Copyright ©2009 ABC Inc., KGO-TV/DT San Francisco, CA. All Rights Reserved.
Advertisement

#8428 by jesusofsh Mon Mar 23, 2009 3:53 pm
To whom It may concern,

3-23-09
I'd like to report that i have been being followed again . I don't know if they know that I figured it out .I am not sure why, It has began again but Inoticed it two weeks ago .Last Sunday This red headman in church isaw last time smiled at me acknowledge tha I 'd see him .Two weeks before these same guys were inthe library they came in when idid and left before iwas leaving.Ididn't want to believe it was happening again. but it is I am not afraid they did not then then I am positive they wont do anything now but it is on report. Mike Johnson must be sensitive about something.
#8429 by GomerPyle Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:02 am
After your post I did some reading up on this guy and related matters and I'm flabbergasted. The whole thing is quite incredible. I must do some more digging, but it's incredible that little action has been taken against him. Allowing someone in a posiion of authority, in a community with a disability to do this sort of thing, is quite outrageous.

I found this too

http://deaftimes.net/index.php/news/article/41054/

Mills says investigators have had a hard time going after Malzkuhn because they've found no concrete evidence he personally profited from the scam, and the couple won't fully cooperate. But, over the past year, the I-Team found other victims. Robert Burnett says he lost $155,000 in the Nigerian scam, because of Brian Malzkuhn.

Robert Burnett, scam victim (8/18/04): "I know it's not real now, you know, but he insisted that it was real, that it was the real thing."

We also detailed the professor's long history of shady deals. He's promoted several pyramid schemes to the nation's deaf community on low-budget sales tapes.

Malzkuhn Tape: "You don't have to look for any other program, this is it. I found it. Eureka!"

Sharon Berlowitz, Tennessee scam victim (7/8/04): "I thought I could trust Brian, but I was wrong."

We found people across the country who lost thousands of dollars in scams promoted by Malzkuhn.

Tibor Urban, San Jose scam victim (7/28/04): "And of course, he won't meet any of us in person, you know, he'll avoid everyone he's already scammed into it. And, there's all these people in line waiting to get to Brian to talk to him."

I find this part especially bull****

they've found no concrete evidence he personally profited from the scam

Does that mean if I steal a million bucks from the bank I work for and give it to charity I can't be prosecuted ? Absolute hogwash.

He may be a victim himself, but when he starts luring (persuading) others to participate, then he crosses the line, in my view. I know of cases where elderly pensioners in New Zealand have gone to jail for similar activities.

It's mind boggling that in a litigious country like the USA that any organisation would take the risk of employing anyone with his track record, especially in a posiion of authority over people with a disability.

If I were an American I'd be kicking some doors down to ask "What the **** are you thinking ?"

http://www.ratemyprofessors.com/ShowRat ... 964&page=1

If you decided to take Brian Malzkuhn's class please be prepared to have unexpected changes in the syllabus, off-the-topic conversations, and a lot of unorganizational fluff. He seems to be more interested in his personal affairs such as Stanford football, women, money, etc. than he does w/ teaching, however, he continues to teach at the college. ?

The deaf community deserves protection, even from members of their own community.

A very good post jesusofsh.

Do you know who this person is running Deaf Youth USA with the same surname - Megan Malzkuhn

http://www.dyusa.org/index.php?option=c ... 2&Itemid=5

It appears he does have a full time job - here :shock:

http://deafstudies.gallaudet.edu/Facult ... Brian.html

I'm gobsmacked.

Non-EU citizens should go here to find out about obtaining a visa to work as an au pair in the UK
http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/doineedvisa/
Whenever payment is requested by Western Union you're dealing with a scammer
#8432 by GomerPyle Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:07 am
This is disgraceful and these people are beyond contempt - using their disability to prey on deaf people - I though 419 scammers were low but this is beyond repulsion.

I think the deaf community should rise up and do something about these people. Need any help ?

http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?sectio ... id=4575143

Sources at the FBI now tell us, here's the most frustrating part of the case. Their failure to prosecute Malzkuhn appears to have emboldened his good friend, another college professor, to pull the same sort of scam.

We met Michael Johnson in the summer of '04 outside the Ramos' home. At the time, Johnson told us he knew no one ever made a penny from those Nigerian scams. But, in the months to follow, he got involved himself and he got others involved.

Hsiu-Ling Yeh, scam victim: "He said it was a business emergency, he didn't explain it in great depth, he just said he really needed it, it was for a business emergency."

Hsiu-Ling Yeh is a job coach for deaf workers at Old Navy and Johnson's long-time friend. He convinced her to take out an equity line of credit on her Daly City home. He even went to the bank with her. At first, Johnson needed $91,000, but he kept coming back for more.

ABC7's Dan Noyes: "How much money total did you give him?"

Hsiu-Ling Yeh: "$584,000."

Johnson wouldn't answer any of our questions by e-mail, so we tracked him down. He teaches sign language at City College of San Francisco, at College of San Mateo and at West Valley College in Saratoga.

Dan Noyes: "What happened with her money?"

Mike Johnson, college professor: "I don't know. She agreed to help me, so sorry!"

Johnson wouldn't say what he did with Hsiu-Ling Yeh's $584,000.

Dan Noyes: "Did you send a lot of Hsui's money to Nigeria? Is that what you did with it?"

Mike Johnson: "It's not your problem, it's not your problem. It's not my problem."

Dan Noyes: "It's not your problem?"

Mike Johnson: "The case is closed."

The case Johnson's talking about is the bankruptcy he filed this year -- he still could face criminal charges. In court documents, we found another deaf person Johnson drew into the Nigerian scam  Gary Hendrix.

Gary Hendrix, scam victim: "As a result of this, over the course of two years, I've lost 15 pounds, my wife has suffered, been constant aggravation, I feel he really destroyed my life."

Hendrix had an insurance settlement after a house fire and Johnson took $95,000 of it. The professor even signed a note, promising to pay back the money within a month. He didn't.

Non-EU citizens should go here to find out about obtaining a visa to work as an au pair in the UK
#8433 by GomerPyle Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:11 am
I've picked up some more links

http://dockets.justia.com/docket/court- ... id-174211/

http://www.websupp.org/data/NDCA/5:05-c ... 7-NDCA.pdf

http://www.canb.uscourts.gov/judges/tch ... ry-17-2009

It seems he filed for bankruptcy earlier this year.

From what sense I can make of the complaints against him, it is alleged that HE was pretending to be the rich Nigerian professor, or maybe that was something the victims assumed. The horrible thought running through my mind, especially with the involvement in pyramid scams, is that he was running these himself and there was no Nigerian connection at all.

If you have any evidence that he is up to any of his old tricks I'd advise you to contact

The Head of the Economic Crimes Unit

[email protected]

They were originally handling the pyramid scams, but it would be worth pushing any other dubious activity under their noses. He must be running out of lives, even if he were a cat, but he's not a cat, two letters the same though.

#8435 by GomerPyle Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:02 am
As you probably know jesusofsh, Mike Johnson is quite a common UK/US name combination, so just the name may be a coincidence, and some more information would be good before it's assumed that this is the same person associated with Brian Malzkuhn. For obvious reasons scammers don't usually use their real names, either in e-mails, religious or dating sites, and it's usually easy to register with false details.

I don't want you to give any information that identifies you, but is there a deaf connection ? Are you yourself deaf and did you start contact somewhere other than the site you mentioned ?

If it's just a Mike Johnson who contacted you at 'Catholic People Meet', without any deaf connection, then the chances are that this is someone completely different. I'm afraid that there are many scammers, and they use many different false names.

Have you losy any money to this person ?

Sorry - I went off on a gallop before I properly checked what had happened. Until the facts about what has happened are clear, any comments I make are not of much value.

#8439 by jesusofsh Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:09 pm
LIVE JESUS CHRIST
I know Mike johnson has many other names Ladies and has ruin a innoccent girl life who has already suffered many abuses. She also met a Mike Jackson on a dating scam True .com she claimed he had a daughter too her mistake was going to bed with this weasel who gave her a disease. after theyre relationship he had her followed too. Idon't know what he's Hiding?
This memory will always go with her, She has met some online man since and their engaged to be married.He very good to her her being close to me as God says were brothers and sister in Christ I am reporting this for her and taking her identity as myself.She has someething presious to protect. Mike Johnson shame on you,You can run from the law but God see everything. I want to help you Yes Istill have feeling for you and pray for you.Get your life together why play these games Money should not be your god.

Iam reporting ,His other name is VIncent Smith He says he's amodel in Nigeria. I met him on Catholic people meet. He said something that woke me up one day after all the following was done it ended for awhile in November 2008 that he said that made me think that I was still talking to him; He said "behave your self if their watching I don't want you hurt.Sweetie Pie, this is the name Mike johnson used on me during our relationship. I know women were so trusting especial when we want things to happen in our lives but remember every thing you do come back over and over again. He knew all my fears of men and this scares me he also said he take me from my family. Who ever can help us step forward we can stop Mike Johnson if we all pull together Theres powers in numbers He using it why should n't we?
GOD BLess YOU
#8442 by GomerPyle Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:18 pm
The first thing to get straight is that scammers lie about everything.

The second thing is that there are lots of scammers operating on free social and dating forums.

It is therefre possible to be contacted by the same person using different names, or by different people telling the same lying story. Repeating the lies they have told you does not help to work out what has happened.

It is not clear from what you say whether or not you have met this person face to face. If you could clarify this point and tell us whether or not you have suffered any financial loss because of what he has said, that will help to unwravel things.

I think that this experience has caused you confusion and I have allowed myself to become confused too, for which I apologise, so the only way to work this out is to go over the facts, and largely ignore any of his lies.

#8447 by The Enchantress Wed Mar 25, 2009 4:47 am
Gomer

Noted this earlier thread elsewhere in the forum. Maybe will help you and the victim?

http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=2037&p=7510#p7510

Photos - are scammers using yours? click here
Are you falling for a love scammer? click here
Never send money by Western Union/Moneygram.
Never give personal information.
Online anyone can claim to be anyone, any age and from anywhere.
#8478 by GomerPyle Wed Mar 25, 2009 7:19 pm
Many thanks The Enchantress.

That thread does help to make sense of this one a little more.

As I said before jesusofsh, scammers lie, and you cannot believe anything he says and you know that already. He isn't who he says he is, he doesn't do the work he says he does, his daughter isn't likely to match the details he gave you (though he may have one or more - and a wife too) and his threats are most assuredly empty and nothing to concern yourself about.

Has he sent YOU money ? has he sent you flowers ? a letter ? a bunch of photos ? A man madly in love would do all these things and more. I haven't heard of the type of love that makes you demand money, laptops and an ipod for a daughter, and I can't think of what Christian or educational purpose is served by giving his daughter an ipod.

He wants your money. There's nothing wrong with you. He doesn't care if you are the most beautiful girl in the world. His approach would be the same if you were Angelina Jolie. Send money and consumer electronics.

He is now trying to play games with your mind, and by responding and giving him hope that you are emotionally involved and upset by his contact, he is putting pressure on you with threats. He is a puny and pathetic cheat and liar, and I am quite sure gets pleasure from tormenting you, as he is upset you won't send him the things he wants.

Ignore him. The sad fact is that he'll already be targeing other females on that website, and if you don't respond to his mails he'll soon concentrate on them. You won't learn anything from reading his mail that are full of lies, and if you reply it makes him feel important and powerful. About as nasty a male as you could think of. A puny and pathetic person who is not worthy of your time or concern.

It's like a bad dream - and to make it go away you have to stop mailing him, and thinking of him. It is highly unlikely that anyone is following you, but if you ever have real concerns over that (which could happen to anyone), then refer to the police, but I doubt it would have anything to do with the fake Mike Johnson.

#9262 by MGina Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:09 pm
To whom this may concern:

Please forgive me for not having trust in people. I have been hurt not fincailly to answer that, but emotionally. So Iam asking this Question in all sincerity and concern.

The people who answer on this forum are they ever checked out? Imean would you know if it's a scammer was answering it. I'ts weird I can't find Jillian's answer regarding he thinks Iam being stalked and they can't do anything. My suspencion is this is a scammer answering for him.

I'ts possible right? and why wouldn't that still be on here when I want to show proof to somebody after I read it on Friday April 24,2009. They were sure rejoicing about it they even let me be on Friday and sent alot of the stalkers away. Although Saturday was active Sunday was quiet too hardly any one of them went to mass. How would it be if you actually had several scammers on her answering for you?
#9263 by MGina Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:16 pm
Report: 949 Customs - 949 Customz - Mike Johnson
Category: Auto Parts

949 Customs - 949 Customz - Mike Johnson - Michael William Johnson free, rims, ebay, Giovanna Palm Desert California California
*UPDATE Ex-Employee responds ..Join the YAHOO group: Report-a-conartist · Post a Report of Scam or a Con Artist

Rebuttal Box
Respond to this report!
What's This?

What's This?
Are you an owner, employee or ex-employee with either negative or positive information about the company or individual, or can you provide "insider information" on this company?

Victim of this person/company?
What's This?

What's This?
Are you also a victim of the same company or individual? Want Justice? File a Rip-off Report, help other consumers to be educated and don't let them get away with it!

949 Customs - 949 Customz - Mike Johnson
Phone: 760-636-1692
Fax:
77101 California Dr Suite D8
Palm Desert, California, 92211
U.S.A.

Submitted: 12/9/2008 11:08:11 AM
Modified: 1/8/2009 11:14:39 AM
Richard
Cat City, California

Ripoff Report Verified Safe
TO ALL THAT READ THIS!!!!
BEWARE of MICHEAL WILLIAM JOHNSON of Palm Desert, California
he Lives at California Villa on California St in palm Desert Ca. He has stolen cars computers and con'ed old folks out of there pension checks promising to pay them back and never does. He is on the take. Never keeping his promise! His work is Crap.

His lie begins that he is an Heir trust fund had a fund from the Johnson and Johnson company.

He will claim to you that he is the 'Black Sheep' of the family. Don't believe him!!!
(FYI.. he even sayas that his wife is the heiress to Abercrombie Fitch)
He may also tell you that he did some time in prison. That's the ONLY thing you could believe him on! No doubt he did, considering the con-artist he is.

He claimed to me that he also has/had a website selling custom made rims. He said that he worked with 'the best of the best.' He told me that he helped with the design of the cars on Fast And The Furious, and Tokyo Drift. WHAT A LIE!!!!

He told me that he had over 11 Million in Stocks and Bonds along with his 'Heir' money.
He may also tell you that he has an account rep with Morgan And Stanley.
PLEASE DON'T BELIEVE HIM!!!!

If you have found the other complaints against him, then you know!!! This is no joke!!!

THIS MAN HAS TO BE STOPPED!!!

PLEASE: Report-a-Conartist · Post a Report of Scam or a Con Artist

http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/R ... -conartist

This Group will give people a chance to report con artists that may have con'ed them.
Con artists make money through deception. They lie, cheat and fool people into thinking they've happened onto a great deal or some easy money, when they're the ones who'll be making money. If that doesn't work, they'll take advantage of our weaknesses -- loneliness, insecurity, poor health or simple ignorance. The only thing more important to a con artist than perfecting a con is perfecting a total lack of conscience.
What does the average con artist look like? Despite what you may think, he isn't always a shady-looking character. A con artist is an expert at looking however he needs to look. If the con involves banking or investments, the con artist will wear a snappy suit. If it involves home improvement scams, he'll show up wearing well-worn work clothes. Even the basic assumption that the con is a 'he' is incorrect: there are plenty of con women too.

You might think you can spot a con artist because he's someone you instinctively 'don't trust.' But the term con artist is short for confidence artist -- they gain your confidence just long enough to get their hands on your money. They can be very charming and persuasive. A good con artist can even make you believe he is really an old friend you haven't seen in years.

Con artists do share certain characteristics, however. Even the best con can only go on for so long before people start getting suspicious. For that reason, con artists tend to move frequently. They may have a job that allows this, or they might claim to have such a job. Railroad worker, carnival worker and traveling salesman are all parts con artists play to cover up their constant relocations.

A Con's a Con
Different terms for con artists include: flim flam man, sham artist, shyster or sheister, bunco man (after the name of a popular 'fixed' card game that has since become synonymous with scams), bamboozler, swindler, grifter and hustler.

He also has a my space site: http://www.myspace.com/949customzink

949 Customs of Orange County, Lake Forest, Laguna Beach, Pasadena, Ontario & now Palm Desert CA

Richard
Cat City, California
U.S.A.

Search for additional reports
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here: Search Tips
Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:

Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.

Rebuttal Box
Respond to this report!
What's This?
What's This?
Are you an owner, employee or ex-employee with either negative or positive information about the company or individual, or can you provide "insider information" on this company?

What's This?
What's This?
Are you also a victim of the same company or individual? Want Justice? File a Rip-off Report, help other consumers to be educated and don't let them get away with it!

Repair Your Reputation

What's This?
What's This?
Got Reports filed against you? Resolve the issues and rebuild trust through our Corporate Advocacy Program.

Corporate Advocacy Program: The best way to manage and repair your business reputation. Hiding negative complaints is only a Band-Aid. Consumers want to see how businesses take care of business. All businesses will get complaints. How those businesses take care of those complaints is what separates good businesses from bad businesses.

Updates & Rebuttals:
Updates & RebuttalsI report Mike Johnson of 949 Customs Inc. on YAHOO! Report-a-conartist · Post a Report of Scam or a Con Artist Richard [1/3/2009 8:29:03 PM]
Join the YAHOO group: Report-a-conartist · Post a Report of Scam or a Con Artist Mike [1/8/2009 11:05:01 AM]

Submitted: 1/3/2009 8:29:03 PM
Modified: 1/4/2009 12:27:01 AM Richard
Cat City, California
U.S.A.

I report Mike Johnson of 949 Customs Inc. on YAHOO! Report-a-conartist · Post a Report of Scam or a Con Artist
GO TO: http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/R ... -conartist
Mike Johnson 949 Customs newest telephone number is: 760-360-1101

Mike Johnson or Michael Johnson

They are still at address at:
77101 California Dr. Suite D8
Palm Desert, CA 92211

AKA:
949 Customs Inc - Michael Johnson
949 Customz Ink - Mike Johnson

Mike Johnson of 949 Customs is actual con-man: he is know for bad checks, lies, deception, thief in Palm Desert, California.

949 Customs most resent scam is - Mike Johnson - Michael William Johnson will take your money and promise to turn it by selling Giovanna wheels and rims on ebay. He has taken 1000's of dollars and never turn a profit. He simply steals it from the suckers that trust him.

My suggestion is to file criminal chargers and/or sue him and his wife Cynthia Fitch. Be sure to list both on the lawsuit or he will run. He will and has lied to the judges in the past so have all your papers and documents in order!

good luck ( BTW, see> http://www.myspace.com/949customz )

SEE ALSO on Report-a-conartist · Post a Report of Scam or a Con Artist:

http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/R ... tist/links

Submitted: 1/8/2009 11:05:01 AM
Modified: 1/8/2009 11:14:39 AM Mike
Palm Desert, California
U.S.A.

Join the YAHOO group: Report-a-conartist · Post a Report of Scam or a Con Artist
Report-a-conartist · Post a Report of Scam or a Con Artist

http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/R ... -conartist

There you can get the information you need to
sue Mike Johnson and get help you need!

MICHAEL WILLIAM JOHNSON

949 Customs Inc
77101 California Drive suite D8
Palm Desert, CA 92211

We can also serve him paper for free.
That way you can sue him and make him go the OR to pay his debt to you.

Rebuttal Box
Respond to this report!
What's This?
What's This?

What's This?
What's This?

Repair Your Reputation

What's This?
What's This?
Got Reports filed against you? Resolve the issues and rebuild trust through our Corporate Advocacy Program.

Corporate Advocacy Program: The best way to manage and repair your business reputation. Hiding negative complaints is only a Band-Aid. Consumers want to see how businesses take care of business. All businesses will get complaints. How those businesses take care of those complaints is what separates good businesses from bad businesses.

Video Spotlight
Beware of mortgage modification scams.
PLAY VIDEO Buying home electronics? You may be the next target.
PLAY VIDEO Moving company takes a customer for a ride! Don't let it happen to you.
PLAY VIDEO

Looking for premium tickets? Concert Tickets | Sports Tickets | Theatre Tickets just visit www.TicketFeeder.com

Advertisers below have met our strict standards for business conduct.

Verified safe business by Ripoff Report

Problems viewing the ad below, click here

Ripoff Report Legal Directory

Read how Ripoff Report saves consumers millions.

Home File a Report Update Your Existing Report Consumer Resources Search Link to Ripoff Report

Privacy Policy Terms of Service FAQ About Us Contact Us Why Ripoff Report will never release author information!

Thank You Emails! Corporate Advocacy Program: How to repair your business reputation. Ed Magedson - Ripoff Report Founder

Past Home Page Featured Reports Want to sue Ripoff Report? Donate to our Legal Defense Notice for Users Outside the US
Copyright © 1998-2008, Ripoff Report. All rights reserved.

He' s still up to his tricks andand nobody is doing anything. So what if there are scammers working on your forum How would it be handled?
I am concerned Iturned to you for help and now What if they see everything i've puton her about them?
#9264 by MGina Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:04 pm
We have discovered an other group of Nigerian Love Scam's.
This time the names and email addresses are :

DR Kurth Mellamby <[email protected]>
mike jones <[email protected]>
Sir Kurth Mellamby <[email protected]>

They created a fake web site : http://www.drb-oceans.com/

AGAIN !!! THIS WEB SITE IS FAKE AND USED FOR THE SCAM !!!

This guy from Nigeria send unusual long love messages to plenty of woman who are looking for love at match web sites. The fotos are taken from the internet from other web sites. The picture from a girl, claiming it is the daughter, is fake. The posted profile picture is fake as everything else is.

This is a Long-Scam, rather the usual quick cash scam.

A healty sense would give alarm to the writing style itself. It is sad how desperate woman can be fooled in something so obvious.
Here is an example text:

Hello there angel,. I am more than glad to hear back
> from you, i may want to start by telling you i really
> appreciate your prompt response,. how is family and
> how is work? i really would want you to know some few
> points about me, i am a man who knows what his onions
> are and would settle for nothing less than a divine
> and pure love which only leads to a path filled with
> happiness and joy,all these are the fruits of joy,
> I dont go into any form of novelsm, dictionaries or
> so ever to pick words to use, i am a deep thinker and
> i speak from my heart, i assure you will get t see
> more of me, and would understand how i mean, i am
> scorpio and i only say what i mean, i give not hing or
> everything, which means once i am opened enough to a
> point where i say to you that i give you my heart, you
> can be rest assured that i give all my heart.
> Distance, age and tribe doesnt reflect on a man like
> me,. i mean if it were based on numbers,"never will a
> younger man look at an older woman and say, you look
> beautiful, even in the presence of noticeable
> wrinkles,,. or who says that there isnt beauty beyond
> the skin, it doesnt take physical beauty to get a man
> to say you look sexy at the earliest point in the
> morning without make up,. it takes that beauty inside,
> which would be felt from the heart,., if i wanted
> physical attractions, i would have boarded a train
> lol.
> To tell you more about myself,. did you get our
> website, WWW.drb-oceans.com , but funny enough i
> intend to quit the field works this year, after this
&g t; project. But will still handle the prioritues from
> home,lol.
> About my daughter , she is 12 and we lost her mother
> while she was about 6 yrs of age to an auto crash,
> Caroline was a friend to me, more than a lover, she
> was a mother more than a wife, a daughter more than a
> sister. She was the best of my friends., I thought
> life would end there, only did i need to be reminded
> that the fact that something good ends doesnt mean a
> better thing isnt about to start. I said i would wait
> some while, for my daughter to be ready for this
> journey, i always said when the time comes i only need
> to do it once and i would know her by looking at her,
> it would be the last time i love my dear, life is too
> short, how long can a man live without happiness from
> a good home he builds? So you should know i am not
> one man any distance would hold back for the sake of
> love,. I am an engineer who deals with oil rigs
> basically and i have done reputable projects accross
> the globe, i intend to make the present one my last,
> in about two months this would be over and i will
> settle for the family i have always wanted, afterall
> it has been 6 yrs and i havent dated since my wife
> passed. My mother had similar pains while i was 12 too
> and lost my dad, which made us leave the united
> states, my mother is british so we went to canada
> where i had most of my senior education to my first
> degree at alberta, unversity of lethbridge, then i
> moved back to the uk and had my second and third one
> which made me a water and transport expert. I have
> worked from places to places,because i really have no
> sentimental attractions to anywhere,lol,. pls forgive
> me for talking too much, i am think talking about
> things reduce the weight on the chest,lol. glad you
> wrote back soon
> pls i would wait for you to write me back so i dont
> bore you with notes, i would waant you to tell me more
> about yourself, family, work and dreams,..
> which is more important to you? the life you live? the
> things you have? the lenght you live? or how you live?
> which is the joy you get from life?
> i am here winking at you from a distance,lol.

If you come along this scam please dont hesitate and report to the web site owner (example Match.com) and to the police or any other internet crime fighting organisation.

Beware that those fake names keep changing fast.

As a rule for love match sites: Always drop the relation as soon as there is ANY money request !!! - It is ALWAYS a scam !!! Don't ne a fool, use some sense and don't be blinded by nice words.

Post Reply | Recommend | Alert 543210-1-2-3-4-5
View All Current page
Replies To This Message

Re: Nigeria Love Scam at Match.com and others... Beware !!!
Re: Nigeria Love Scam at Match.com and others... Beware !!! -- NigerianScamHunter Post Reply Top of the thread Main Forum
Posted by: NigerianScamHunter ®
11/04/2007, 11:16:03

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Author Profile Edit
update Nov 5 - 2007
Also known in Match.com under

loversheart4u - [email protected]

A lot of Nigerian Love Scammers use Match.com 3 month gift membership which they sent to each other. With that they can scam 3 month for free and continue the scam thru a free email contact like Yahoo, Hotmail and others, which they provide to the victim after the initial Match.com (talkmatch.com) contact. Most used email is Yahoo, that's why they are also called "The Yahoo Boys" also known as 419 scam

Always drop the contact as soon there is ANY kind of money request !!!

Where am I? Original Post Top of the thread Current page

Re: Re: Nigeria Love Scam at Match.com and others... Beware !!!
Re: Re: Nigeria Love Scam at Match.com and others... Beware !!! -- NigerianScamHunter Post Reply Top of the thread Main Forum
11/04/2007, 11:52:59

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Author Profile Edit
Update for Nigerian Love Scam (419)
New email variation with the name :

Sir Kurth Mellamby : [email protected]

more at http://cellbiol.com/netwatch/nigeria/BB ... .html#3987

Re: Re: Re: Nigeria Love Scam at Match.com and others... Beware !!!
Re: Re: Re: Nigeria Love Scam at Match.com and others... Beware !!! -- NigerianScamHunter Post Reply Top of the thread Main Forum
11/05/2007, 12:10:25

Author Profile Edit
Update for Nigerian Love Scam (419)
New email variation with the name :

[email protected]

Posing at Match.com as:

princemellamby
loversheart4u

Original location is Nigeria, using IP address changing tools. Usually get free 3 month subscritions from Match.com from other scammers.
Might show up on other contact sites. Beware and report this scammer !

more at http://cellbiol.com/netwatch/nigeria/BB ... .html#3987

Ghetz Lechoslaw=David Horsfall
Re: Re: Re: Re: Nigeria Love Scam at Match.com and others... Beware !!! -- NigerianScamHunter Post Reply Top of the thread Main Forum
Posted by: Miranda ®
12/26/2008, 07:26:57

Author Profile Edit
Folks, this is awful, I am just realising I am not alone in this, is there no police there, identity theft and scam is crime, where do you report these incidents?
My scammer is ghetzlechoslaw@hotmail@com, called himself Ghetz Lechoslaw originally Polish, who was raised in Canada, but I know his real name is David Horsfall, I had to send money to this name, I want to report it to the Calabar police, but I cannot find it on the internet.Does anybody know where to report it??

Nigeria Love Scam at Match.com and others... Beware !!!
Re: Re: Re: Re: Nigeria Love Scam at Match.com and others... Beware !!! -- NigerianScamHunter Post Reply Top of the thread Main Forum
Posted by: BOULOU ®
01/08/2009, 14:59:04

Author Profile Edit
Hello, I am so happy That God make so intelligent. To day january 8 2009, three day since i am one of the pretiest girl on the planet. I have a web page as myspace. She went there and read my profil, send me personal email so we can chat more often. Ok, agreed; pretty woman who would refuse an offer like that. When we start chating, she tald me she in Nigeria studiying fashion stylist. She was born in USA her father died when she was 19 and her mom runawy with all her father heritages. So now she as nothing and none; she is lonly and alone. It was time she met me, I am the one no doubt. she loves me more and more evry day. In only two days,can you imagine? Here is one of the message that she sent to me "my dear ...u r so spacial to me u r everything to me, u make me fall in love with u and now i am dieing in love with u i love u with all my heart and i will always do i cant live with out u,u r my love and my everything u r more than gold or sliver to me i love u so much, i will love u forthe rest of my life i love u more and more love u" After this message she told me that she has to see because she found the onlyone the she ever want. I told her you even know if am married or not, what my situation, if i can take care of you or not. She said money doent matter once she found love wish great. But because she has to see me and she is in NIgeria she brought a tichet that she send me a copy. She told me that she broght it but she need to pay a BTA fee wish is $235 that unfortunatly she doenst have. In that case I have to wire her that money. When chek out on the net why a fee call BTA is involve in a flight and what is? I found out those reports. And now I opened the massage that she sent me about the flight I saw that the tiket was MADE. PLenty of scratch space not even scratch well. Some species cover with tape, some nubers unfinish scrating. SORRY SHE NOT A PRO AND I AM A SMART.
Every on the ticket was FAKE and now I realize too she was FAKE. Guy beware of her she a very nice picture and is very prety.
Her Name is
JESSICA SMITHS
and her email IS:
[email protected]

I was Waiting for her on the net Today but she didnt sign in and wait for money from DADY
She doesnt Got me

Re: Re: Re: Re: Nigeria Love Scam at Match.com and others... Beware !!!
Posted by: Bianca ®
04/05/2009, 17:03:59

Author Profile Edit
Getz is now Fabian Lechoslaw. He was on Afroromance and Metrodate and had money wired to a David Horsfall By 2 different women whom he promised to marry. Contact The Polish Ambassador to Nigeria.

Re: Re: Nigeria Love Scam at Match.com and others... Beware !!! -- NigerianScamHunter Post Reply Top of the thread Main Forum
Posted by: Hooshgirl ®
12/04/2007, 09:14:32

Author Profile Edit
Nearly a victim of the Nigerian Love Scam:
Met person on match.com
Name on site: Michael Raymond
emails: [email protected] and [email protected]

Not surprisingly his account on Match 'expired' after our first email. He was anxious to move from the match platform to personal emails.

Said he was from Iowa in Nigera for past 10 months as construction engineer on government housing job. Was a widower, raised his 12 yo daughter alone since wife died in accident. I wondered why his english was so choppy and his verb placement was so out of place.

This person became agitated when I refused to send money.

I feel most sorry for the poor man whose picture these people posted to Match to portray this Michael Raymond. I wish there was some way we could find these poor people to let them know their image is being used in such a way.

Needless to say I have done my first and last dating site!

Re: Re: Re: Nigeria Love Scam at Match.com and others... Beware !!!
Re: Re: Re: Nigeria Love Scam at Match.com and others... Beware !!! -- Hooshgirl Post Reply Top of the thread Main Forum
Posted by: aqua ®
12/09/2007, 13:01:09

Author Profile Edit
I have been loosing time with that guy too! same story... we even called each other few times... I agree with you... poor people! maybe he (or she, or it???) is using my pic now grrrrrrr Now when I chat, I ask my correspondent to open his cam and if he doesn't have any I stop talking with him right away!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Nigeria Love Scam at Match.com and others... Beware !!!
Re: Re: Re: Re: Nigeria Love Scam at Match.com and others... Beware !!! -- aqua Post Reply Top of the thread Main Forum
Posted by: jacki allen ®
03/21/2008, 03:35:10

Author Profile Edit
Same thing happened to me. His name is JEFF JOHNSON.
He used the story of his parents being killed in a car accident and his girl friend dumped him right after. So he has No one!
Got me roped into thinking he was the one...then asked for money to get here from Nigeria. Needed $250 for BTA fees.
I looked it up...there is no such thing as BTA fees.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Nigeria Love Scam at Match.com and others... Beware !!!
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Nigeria Love Scam at Match.com and others... Beware !!! -- jacki allen Top of the thread Main Forum
Posted by: Patrice Harris ®
04/01/2008, 00:07:32

Author Profile Edit
I can't believe how many people this has happened too! It just happened to me. "Stopdramaloveup" was his user name on Match.com, Michael Berg was his name, and his yahoo IM is Chelebs63 and his email is [email protected]. He said he was an orphan raised in Germany by a woman who found him named Teresa. His wife, Betty, died five years ago while having heart surgery and he was raising his son John, who was 7. His profile said he lived in Bay City, Texas and that he was a free lance photojournalist. He contacted me by "winking me" and we started IMing on Yahoo and then his profile disappeared after about our 3rd IM session.
We would IM at night for hours at a time, sharing all sorts of personal information about our likes, love, and past relationships. He was really good. He sent me multiple photos of himself, and one of him and his son. They were different photos than the ones of him on his profile, but still the same person. He told me at some point during our conversations that he was in Nigeria. I can't believe that didn't send warning bells off in my head right away.

At any rate, I hadn't talked to him in a few days because I was out of town and we started IMing when I got back. He said his weekend was very bad and he was in deep trouble. His son had fallen off the building he was working on and fell two stories. The doctors there wouldn't treat him unless he paid 50% of the bill for some medicine up front. He didn't ask for money at first and then he finally did. I said no, of course, because I asked him for the name of the hospital and googled it and couldn't find it. By this time of course, sirens and flashing lights were going off in my head. I couldn't believe I had started falling for this person. He was really, really good. I feel like such an idiot. We even talked on the phone and he had the German accent and all. He even cried on the phone to me about his son. Oh, it makes me so sick that these people are out there scamming people.

At any rate, watch out for Michael Berg. I wish I could post his picture in here so you could know who to look for.

| Recommend | Alert 543210-1-2-3-4-5

Re: Nigeria Love Scam at Match.com and others... Beware !!! -- NigerianScamHunter Post Reply Top of the thread Main Forum
Posted by: veronica milanko ®
06/14/2008, 01:59:18

Author Profile Edit
The man that contacted me used the screename [email protected]. Sean James is the name he used. I wish i could say that i did not send him any money, but i did. The website that i posted on stated that they ask for proof of identity for all male members. NOT SO! This man said he was in Nigeria buying timber to brink back to U.S. his 2 yr old died in car accident(unthinkable to say this). Did not have enough for the shipment fee back here. Needed to pay a lawyer because the shiping co. stoll his timber and this lawyer was suppose to file some papers in order to get the timbers back....He is VERY GOOD. He always uses"honey"as to not forget who he is talking to. He even purchased a flight back here to U.S. He gave me the confirmation # witch I was able to verify with Northwestern Airlines Website. Of, course 2 days before he was supposed to leave he cancelled the flight, calling me saying that the lawyer took his passport because he did not pay him all of the fee. He has my phone # he has my true email address. he know what city and street I live on. WHEN MONEY IS ASKED FOR JUST CALL THE AUTHORITIES IMMEDIATLY. I thought about keeping him online until they could trace him, but decided against it. RED FLAGS: leaves these incredible perfect grammar love letters offline, but IM is grammar is horrible. Some always died, no one who could help them out but a stranger he just me. Instantly starts out by saying things to intimate for someone you just met..Speaks about God blessings....Native American, yet African accent. CRIES all the time..these are just a few of the things I had to deal with. And yes, with all of these red flags I still sent him $ 2 times.

Re: Re: Nigeria Love Scam at Match.com and others... Beware !!! -- veronica milanko Post Reply Top of the thread Main Forum
Posted by: completelyfoolish ®
12/15/2008, 22:48:33

Author Profile Edit
Mine was renovating a mall in Nigeria. He even named the mall after me... Talk about good. With me he was on his way home and the taxi driver was drunk and was in an accident and he was in the hospital and the hospital would not let him out until the bills were paid. By this time I was aware. I checked out his itinerary after he did not show up at the airport, when I went to pick him up. He was scheduled to go from Nigeria to Paris to My city. I was not aware that our airport did not receive International flights. I checked with the airlines and found out that instead of Nigeria to Paris to My city, it was from Nigeria to Paris to San Francisco. So as far as I know he is in the states an is routing his calls through Nigeria.I have kept this guy online since I found out ... he does not know I know and is still asking me for money. But I have learned and have not sent him money since. He already has me in the process of filing bankruptcy. And you are so right. They speak of God's blessings and cries and tells me how sad he is when we are so far apart. At first it got to me, then I use it against him. YOu are so correct about the grammar. IM is nasty, but e-mailed like a college graduate. They are too good. The only recourse we have is to let others know not to fall for this...We have to let it out so that no one else will be hurt like we were...
Good Luck to you....

Posted by: Eileen ®
09/05/2008, 22:38:20

Author Profile Edit
OMG!!! I am totally amazed and feel really foolish because I too fell for such a bull scam. I came sooooo close to sending this guy money. Amazingly close but stopped and did some more research when he said he needed me to wired him money to his bank for "BTA fees" so he could get home.
It is a similar scenario so please read my account as these people change their scam slightly with each victim but again my account is very similar to those already posted here.

I saw a man's ad on BBWPersonals. VERY handsome photo. Said he lived in Michigan and was a lawyer. I live in New Jersey and tend to stay clear of long distance online affairs as I am looking to meet someone locally. But this guy was really handsome and I was in a particularly lonely mood so I dropped him a short email telling him how I wished we lived closer and that I thought he was very handsome.

The next day(8/12/08 Tuesday) he sends me an email back. Telling me how beautiful I was and how he would love to correspond with me. That he would go anywhere to meet the right woman and he definately thought I was it! We exchanged regular email addresses and IM info. His address is [email protected] We began chatting on the IM immediately and did so for hours at a time. He professed his love for me almost immediately which was Red Flag #1. When I asked him to call me he said he had "just" dropped his phone in a puddle the day before and was waiting for a new phone! Red Flag #2.

It turned out that his story is this: He was born and raised in Holland. Originally from Rotterdam where his father still lives at 78 years old. He was involved with a woman for 26 years with whom he had a daughter. She was in her 20's and was going to have a baby anyday. He said her name was AAf (hahaha) and she was married to Robin. The mother and his life partner's name was Archie (as was his Mother's name who died several years ago from Breast Cancer). His partner Archie and he was planning their wedding and in Jan.2001 she was killed (I think it was a car crash -drunk driver but I don't remember- I add this because I am clean and sober 17 years and it was in my online profile as was the fact that I have sisters who are breast cancer survivors. I never put it together until the other day).

It was their plan after their wedding to come the the States so he could get his Masters in Law from UCLA but he said he lived in San Francisco so I assumed he meant "University of San Francisco"(yeah I know Red Flag), which he said he received in 2006. He received and appointment "in a chamber but lost my boss and now have to work from home until I find a new chamber." Red flag- How the heck is this guy practicing law in the US if he can't speak correctly?

So supposedly he has been practicing law in Midland Michigan for 2 years but after some researching I find out he is not a member of the Michigan Bar Association. Red Flag #5 Although you don't have to be a member of the bar, it is sort of like a Doc not being a member of the AMA - you just join if that is your professional association. So I am feeling very uneasy about all the red flags but his emails are so poetic and filled with such adoration and devotion that I was diggin it, so I just continued to play the game.

He said he was trying a civil case in Michigan but that it wasn't going so good and he would probably be going to court in South Carolina and possibliy on a London court if they did not win in S. Carolina. He told me his birthday was August 20, 1960 and I made a big fuss over wanting to send him a birthday surprise and I wanted his address in Midland, Michigan which he only gave me after a couple days of my insisting. I mailed him out a package of romantic items- nothing expensive but a geture of my affections all the same. Two days later I sent him a card.

The day I mailed them was the same day he supposedly had to go to South Carolina and I was upset that he would not get my present on his birthday. Funny thing was that three days after his birthday the box came back and 10 days after I mailed it the card came back! HUGH RED FLAGS!!! When I questioned him about this he had a reasonable explaination and I let it go - somewhat. I had a lot of doubt but kept talking to him via the IM and lengthy emails of both our parts.

I was enjoying the conversation and the adoration but I was leary of a lawyer who had no phone. Everytime I would question him about comments he would write in the IM or in an email he totally ignored my questions until I got angry and demanded he answer me. He did so but with such saddness and hurt that I did not trust him, that I felt bad for pushing him to come up with answers to my questions.

So now he is in London defending this guy against his former employer. He is set to get a hugh amount of money when they win and he is very excited and talking all the while about coming to philadelpiha rto meet me and he is planning on staying in a hotel down the raod from my home (on my insistence). So while he is in London he gives me a phone number to call him on and I do, 3 times, and we talk briefly. He is definately foreign and doesn't say much except, "Yeah baby" and "I love you baby with all my heart" - garbage like that. Mind you I have only known the guy for about a week! hahaha

So all is going well and it looks like the case is definatley going in his favor and he keeps telling me that he is going to buy me a ring and he is going to shower me with love and presents when he comes here. Yadda yadda yadda! Well Weds morning (8/27/08) two weeks and one day since we first wrote to each other on Yahoo's IM - he tells me that he won the case. He said that he and his client were back at the hotel packing when he heard a noise from his clients room. When he went to see what was wrong he found his client shot dead in the head and he got very scared and left the hotel and was hiding out in a church!

Okay so I did everything I could to hold it together. But on the way to work on the radio came the 1970's hit "Undercover Agent" and I busted out laughing and have been doing so ever since. I know something wasn't right from the first Red Flag but now I was convinced that this was a scam. But I didn't know what kind so I continued to play with him...never letting on that I knew he was full of it.

So for a week now he is hiding out in London in a Celestial Church of Christ in East London so I do some more digging while we are online and find out that this church originates out of Republic of Benin in Africa, right next to Nigeria mind you. He never comes right out and asks me for money but keeps saying he wishes I could help him. I tell him to go home to Holland as he could take a train there for a small amount of the money he has on him but he tells me he can't.

Everyday we talk on the Im or through emails and everyday I have another suggestion for him that doesn't include me giving him money but he always has an excuse or reason why that won't work. Finally he keeps insisting that he needs to get a "one-way" flight out of London that will cost $1450.00. I tell him it is cheaper to fly round trip and not use the return. I tell him I will put a $411.00 ticket for him on my credit card. A plane that will connect in Michigan where he can disembark and go home to Midland, get his finances in order and we can meet somewhere down the road if it is still meant to be....He gets annoyed with me and tells me it is "Fine" that I can not send him money and he wishes I would believe him but soon he will expalin it all to me when he is here in the US and can be here with me.

And here is the clincher - he tells me the reason he has to do it "his" way is that he needs to have a "BTA fee" or he can not come back to the States were he is trying to establish residency and is very close to becoming a permanent citizen. So here I go again looking up BTA fees online and low and behold I find this site, along with www.internet-love-scams.org

All my questions and concerns are answered. Thank God I never sent any money but I definately acted like a fool when I first started writing to him. After all I am a 48 yo never married woman with an amazing life that has always felt like it was missing something - I though, still think it is a man to share it all with....I still get caught up in the little girl fantasy of Prince Charming so I fell for this guys line of bull.

Very Grateful that God gave me brains and my Dad (a NY City Detective) taught me "if it's too good to be true it probably isn't true" and to "question everything and trust no promise until you can hold it in your hands." I wish the world wasn't so full of deceit and angry people. I think I will write a book, "The World Wide Web of Information, Love and Deceit." 2010 Summer Beach Trash! hahaha

Posted by: completelyfoolish ®
12/15/2008, 22:22:40

Author Profile Edit
I have found more and more women are being taken by the Nigerians. I met him on match.com. Now I am having legal problems and have to file bankruptcy. He was a single father of a 10 year old daughter. His wife died in giving birth to their second child the baby died also. His parents died when he was 3 and he grew up in an orphanage. He was adopted when he was 13 and was educated in Germany. His adoptive mother died soon after the adoption and his adoptive father died just a couple years ago and left him a mall in Nigeria. He is living in Wisconsin, but is working in Nigeria on this mall...That was his story...He proclaimed his love form me. He knew what would get to me by what I wrote on match.com. He made me feel like I was the one woman who really understood him and that his daughter felt as if I was her new mother. I fell for it hook, line, and sinker. He stated he was in Africa too long and his funds ran short. He asked if I was able to send him money to help him get home...dumb me I did. He stated he could not get home at the time expected because his daughter was ill. Then he started working again, so that" when he comes home he could stay with me forever and we would be a family. Again I believed him. He stated he had a client who owed him money and asked me to cash the check for him because the banks in Africa did not work with the banks in the States. I said ok because i stupidly believed him, and I also figured the bank would hold the check until it cleared. Unfortunately, my stupid bank cleared the check prior to the check clearing. The check bounced. I am responsible. Now my financial world is falling down around me.
Be careful...when this happened. He stated he was coming home right away to take care of the problem. Then all of a sudden on his way to the airport his taxi was in an accident. He was "injured". And the hospital will not let him out because he does not have enough money to pay the bill. Now, come on, no hospital is going to keep you in the hospital until you can pay. I called the FBI and Attorney Generals office after I filed a police report after I found what was going on. They stated that day alone they had 3 other reports of scams involving the Nigerians with Match.com. This was about 6 months ago. He is still trying to contact me for more money. He does not know that I know that it was all a scam. I am trying to get him into the US so that the authorities with be able to do something. I know he is not going to come here. He is only trying to get more money out of me and continually uses his daughter to try to pull more money out of me. I will not work. I have learned the hard way.

I am writing this to let everyone out there to be careful. These guys are pros and will use all of your weaknesses to get everything out of you. They learn your weaknesses by what you post on the Match.com web site. We have to be strong... [email protected] is not your friend...

Be Careful.....If they bring up money. They do not love you...They love your money....Hope my pain and suffering helps to prevent someone else from going through the same thing...

Re: Re: Nigeria Love Scam at Match.com and others... Beware !!! -- completelyfoolish Post Reply Top of the thread Main Forum
Posted by: kathy frank ®
12/21/2008, 13:35:31

Author Profile Edit
I have had 3 men say they love me, David Williams, Stephen Williams, and the current Williams James. They all ask for money. The current Williams James wants to get married as soon as he gets back in the states. He says he lives in Arkansas and is working for NNPC OIL CO. They all have beautiful pics and some sad luck story. Williams wants to send me $5000.00 to help me out even though he asked for $120.00 to feed his kid. What can we do to stop this? and I wish we could find a way to let these men know someone is using there pics. It just isn't right. Oh and by the way, I have only been on the internet for 2 weeks. And I never sent anyone a dime!!!

Posted by: Carol Anderson ®
12/26/2008, 09:39:46

Author Profile Edit
I got hit by a guy using <[email protected]>. Nice pictures, showed me %00K house in Denver. Building contractor. Said hs son was in Africa studying a special zoology program and go hit by a bus. These guys are running so many scams at he same time they forget which story they told which woman. This one told me his son was hurt in two different places when I queried him on his son's injuries on two different days.
He sent lovely messages detailing an idyllic live and what he wants in a life long partner. Said he wanted to stop and see me in Phoenix on his way back to Denver from "Nigeria". Sent me a flight itinerary.

When I challenged his language skills - clearly those of a non-native English speaker - he got angry and then used the guilt trick. I didn't buy it. Then came the request for $500 for BTA fees to get out of Africa. Told him I didn't have $500; then he lowered it to $300. Told him again I didn't have it and that I was not a rich woman. I haven't heard back from him (Thank You God!).

Re: Re: Nigeria Love Scam at Match.com and others... Beware !!! -- Carol Anderson Post Reply Top of the thread Main Forum
Posted by: Corinne Coacher ®
03/17/2009, 13:52:02

Author Profile Edit
Wow - I thought I was the only one out there that was naive enough to fall for this. I've never done the on-line dating thing but my sis talked me into checking it out - even though I was not interested in dating. However, I thought it would be fun to meet new people. I became a member on 3/11/09. On 03/12/09 I got an e-mail request from [email protected] requesting that I e-mail him at his personal address as his membership had "just expired". So, I did as his pic was very handsome (and totally my physical type). He immediately wrote me back this long, personal e-mail that sounded great and asked me to get him on IM. Having never used this feature, I figured out how to download it and he instantly pops up - starts chatting for hours, sounds like an illiterate on the IM. I ask him about the heavy accent that is coming through his chat "words". He ignores as much as he can but I push the issue and he tells me it is a mixture of Indonesian/Canadian. He is born in Canada, both parents killed in a car accident 7 years ago, same time his model wife left him for another man, stealing all his money and ruining his photo business. Also left his then, 5 year old son whom he is raising on his own now. They have no living relatives (as Kahl is an only child) and no close friends because he is a "general photographer" who travels a lot and takes his son with him on all his "shoots". I ask who takes care of this son while he is working. He tells me has a "caretaker/teacher" to care for his son "Jerry" while he is working. Okay, so I buy. One e-mail and two IM chats later he is professing his undying love and that I am everything he dreamed of as a little boy. So I ask him other questions and comment on his looks, especially the facial hair which I really liked. He doesn't comment back, just ignores the matter entirely while he's pouring on the romance, erotica bs. He begins calling "Jerry" "our son" and can't wait for him to meet a real woman who can be a good role model as mother (Jerry's own mother had abandoned him). Kahl had only dated models for a couple of years after his divorce and now stays away from them completely even though they are constantly throwing themselves at him. LOL - yea, first red flag for me, well besides the undying love confession after two contacts. What guy would not take on a model and rather have me I thought? So I ask him about this, he bluffs around the edges and pretty much just says that he is done with those kind of women, and hadn't dated for 5 years - his son made him try match.com. Anyway, this beautiful photographer is in Nigeria on a model shoot with his son. He can't wait to get back here (living in Seely, CA for six months now) - he is dying to kiss me and other things of course....and this is after one all night IM chat where again, he sounds like an illiterate foreigner. He did call my mobile after I gave him the number and when I answered it was the voice of a foreigner and I could not understand a word he said (high, tinny, fast talker), nothing like I imagined he would sound by looking at this blonde, blue eyed man on my computer screen. So, the flags are waving in front of my face like mad but he is so good with the flattery and has me really going, very stimulated. I continue to talk to him and all of a sudden, three days after our initial contact (3/16/09) he is telling me his camera was damanged, needs a new lense, he is broke and has to have it fixed so he can finish his contract ($80,000 job). I ask him about back up and credit, etc to get it fixed. He has lots of excuses, won't even listen to any options I try to give him. He becomes very excited, pleading, begging, I am the only one that can help him. Blah, blah, blah. I just sat there staring at that IM and thinking I was write to have in the back of my mind there was something not right with this. I figured out on my own this was a scam and that the photo I'd been mooning over for 3 days was not the same guy I was actually talking to. I would have loved to find the puny little creep and his warehouse so I could surprise he and all his slimely little helpers with my automatic. But, that is illegal....lol. I immediately cut off communication from the computer and my mobile began ringing frantically - I looked at it and there were four "restricted" calls back to back on it. I shut it off. I wrote him back one time and told him I was onto the scam and that whomever's pic he was using I knew that wasn't the guy I was talking to. Also told him I figured he/they had a huge portfolio of a lot of unsuspecting victims that they used to lure in more. His final mail to me was "I very surpris at ur response....now I kno you an ingrate and fool". I busted up laughing at that one. Yes, I was a fool for almost falling for that, but an ingrate? Shoot, that jackass doesn't even know the meaning of English and the correct words to use. Anyway, I don't feel so bad now that I have read all of these other accounts. Thank God, my instincts took over as soon as he began pleading for money. Beware ladies and guys too - those filth bags are just waiting for you to open up some of those heartfelt thoughts/feelings to them. Good luck with the search for Mr/Ms Right!

Re: Re: Nigeria Love Scam at Match.com and others... Beware !!! -- Carol Anderson Top of the thread Main Forum
Posted by: k johnson ®
03/25/2009, 13:17:30

Author Profile Edit
watch out for [email protected] and [email protected]
love scam failed thi morning

| Recommend | Alert 543210-1-2-3-4-5

Posted by: Mags ®
03/27/2009, 16:59:04

Author Profile Edit
Please be warned....a loved one of mine was recently scammed by a man who claimed to be from the NEtherlands, living in Chicago, working in Scotland and then finally working in Nigeria. He worked her for over 3 months telling her the same type of stories listed on this site and how much he loved her and wanted to come back to the States to be with her and "grow old with her." These people are disgusting and prey on vulnerable women. She is the last person I would ever imagine this would happen to. Please be warned...this happens to SMART, INTELLIGENT women. He finally asked her for money. She claims not to have given him any but I am concerned she may have. She met him on eHarmony.com and goes by the name Charles Von email address [email protected] I believe he also goes by the name Eric Von. This can happen to anyone!! Please be very cautious.Love is out there.......just not for a price! Good Luck!!

Posted by: Jason tanner ®
04/03/2009, 20:42:55

Author Profile Edit
I have gone and fallen for this horrible scam... I am a 22 y/o gay male and i was virtually swept off my feet by a guy who claimed to be a freelance tour guide bye the name of Steven Carl Fleming, 30 mix of blakc, white and latino. Very handsome looking fellow. He talked to me for a few days just filling my inbox with lovely emails... then when he is about to come back fro ma job in NIGERIA... (red flag) ... (that i ignored) he says hes at the hospital cuase he was in a car wreck and needs to pay a bill before he can be released. I give in and use my rent money to help him. I sent him money VIA Western Union. ($285) STUPID! Then everything is all fine and dandy... now he needs money to get a plane ticket cuz he missed his flight. ($232) And now as I write this he told me 20 min ago that he now needs to pay a BTA fee to boardthe plane me being curious i look it up and found this blog... he wanted $291... I told him basicly to go f**** himself... So I thank you all for talking about this horrible scam... it saved me alot of money I already didnt have....
Related link: http://inklove86.deviantart.com

The Nigerian Scam Forum
The Scam Search Engine, powered by Google

Web cellbiol.com
#9278 by Jillian Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:22 pm
MGina wrote:To whom this may concern:

Please forgive me for not having trust in people. I have been hurt not fincailly to answer that, but emotionally. So Iam asking this Question in all sincerity and concern.

The people who answer on this forum are they ever checked out? Imean would you know if it's a scammer was answering it. I'ts weird I can't find Jillian's answer regarding he thinks Iam being stalked and they can't do anything. My suspencion is this is a scammer answering for him.

I'ts possible right? and why wouldn't that still be on here when I want to show proof to somebody after I read it on Friday April 24,2009. They were sure rejoicing about it they even let me be on Friday and sent alot of the stalkers away. Although Saturday was active Sunday was quiet too hardly any one of them went to mass. How would it be if you actually had several scammers on her answering for you?

Hi MGina,

Anyone who has a title of Administrator, Site Admin, Moderator, General Counsel, Scam Warner or Scam Advisor is a member of the support staff on this site. We work together and I can guarantee the advice given by any of them. So yes, the staff here is "checked out". We can not guarantee the advice given by the registered members but do read every post and remove or edit improper postings. I can tell you with certainty that any scammers posting here are recognized immediately. No scammers have posted in response to you.

I will look for another topic you may be referring to wherein you read my advice. Do remember that you and I have spoken extensively in emails so you may be remembering something you have read there.

Additionally, I have sent you a private message regarding your two accounts here. Please let me know which account you would like to keep and I will close the other.

Have you sent a payment to a scammer with Western Union and now realize it's a scam? If the payment has not been picked up, you can cancel it immediately! 1-800-448-1492

Follow ScamWarners on Twitter: http://twitter.com/ScamWarners
#9280 by The Enchantress Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:30 pm
I'ts weird I can't find Jillian's answer regarding he thinks Iam being stalked and they can't do anything.

Jillian - Site Admin reply here;

http://www.scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=9133#p9133

Hope this helps.

Photos - are scammers using yours? click here
Are you falling for a love scammer? click here
Never send money by Western Union/Moneygram.
Never give personal information.
Online anyone can claim to be anyone, any age and from anywhere.