Information on romance scams and scammers.
#60093 by began steele Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:22 am
It's got the lot, almost, and exceptionally bad. I had to post it and I am sure will make you smile .
[email protected] Female!
Hi my name is Ronald Sandra, I'm 30 year i live in Florda, i work in commmunication company, i was going through your page on here and i really like what i see in you and i had to write you a little message about me, I'm single never married no kids, but i'm not in the state right now, i'm here in Africa for a network programming for one network here in Africa, i will be coming back to the state in few weeks,i'm looking for someone honest caring understanding God fearing no lies no games, someone who can love me for who i am and i will love him back,what i like to do for fun, I like Reading hang out with friends go to parks movies watching footballs, i would like to hear back from you,infact you look so cute, here is my yahoo messenger if you would like to get at me on there its, [email protected], take care of yourself, be good,

Can you read this out aloud without taking a breathe or pausing?

We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. ~~ George Orwell.
Advertisement

#68216 by scamsniffer Fri Sep 23, 2011 6:51 pm
Yes, same ridicoulous individual contacted me- Can't even make up a believeable name. Sent me 1.7kb ridiculous thumbnail photos that you can't even SEE, so small. Asked for MONEY for a web cam so "she" (it) can prove that is real. But everyone know how that goes- they take the money and run. You NEVER see anyone on web cam- if they wanted to go on web cam- they would go to a cafe and RENT ONE for $2. rather than try to scam you out of $50 or $100. Getting tired of 100% phoneies on here, changed to plentyoffish.com and find that the people on there are primarily REAL- and they are LOCAL- you can meet someone within a reasonable drive from your house, which is much better than dealing with those thieving Africans who need passport, visa, and plane fare- and they post white model pictures when 99% of them are black- and some are even MALE. I don't believe ANY African profiles anymore as I have never run across an HONEST ONE who posts the correct picture UP FRONT. ALL LIARS and SCAMMERS, they are apparently RAISED that way.
#68302 by began steele Sat Sep 24, 2011 7:33 am
Plentyoffish has its fair share of scammers too. All these sites have bulk scammers because it's advert clicks that count and scammers do that in profusion. Some sites appear better than others, but perhaps due to a better standard of liar. Paid sites are no better either because scammers use fake or phished cards. I don't want to say that a site is scammer free, except I keep the ones I admin scam free, but on the one, they sneak in mass mail and vanish and don't last long. I use phrase filters of the usual rubbish, which tends to neutralise them any way.
All sites have scammers and that's safer than saying a particular site does not and accidently misleading a potential victim.

We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. ~~ George Orwell.