Information on romance scams and scammers.
#83412 by seagal2012 Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:26 am
btw - the other scam link/report I found on this guy was for roland smith, also referencing the franklin midas alternate alias...there's obviously several...

http://whoscammedyou.com/scams/5247/roland_smith#

the whole thing makes you feel stupid - even if you didn't ultimately lose money (I didn't) - more like, why didn't I crack this nut earlier...
Advertisement

#83528 by Bubbles Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:36 pm
Welcome seagal2012, scammers are well practiced at lying and getting money from people. That is why we do what we do, to expose their tactics and email addresses.

Please post the email address here so search engines will find the information you posted and not become a victim.

Bubbles, former Scamwarners moderator.

Rest in Peace 24 June 2015.

Gone, but never forgotten.
#186214 by brayn2 Sat Jan 04, 2014 10:51 am
From someone on Facebook using name Frankline Johnson.
This is the same thing...
Hi dear, You must have been created on God's resting day...I couldn't control my feeling while viewing on your profile. I was looking through a list of profiles when i found your profile too. i looked at it carefully and found out that we have a unique outlook, especially in the area of smiling like no one is watching, as your picture suggested that. That is a very cute picture you have there. it reminds me of the likes of the duchess of castle bridge, lady Jane who was made queen of England cos of her charming beauty, most catching enough she was a maid to the former queen Anna Boleyn when King Henry sited her in court (British History...tell u more later)lol. Hope you don't mind my humorous comparatives as i couldn't think of a better comparative than this.hehe. happy new year. lets be friend.
#186253 by Smith Jones Sat Jan 04, 2014 9:00 pm
Hi brayn2, welcome to scamwarners. Has this person been contacting you for some time or did this just get started and you saw it was a scam? Scammers will often use similar words or do cut and paste details. They recycle them also on a regular basis. If you need any help with this scammer, please let us know.
#186446 by Smith Jones Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:16 pm
They must assume you are ok with talking with them. The scammers are out in strong numbers now, going back to old contacts or people who haven't refused them yet. They must have spent all their holiday cash and now need more.
Just be confident in ignoring the scammers, no matter how much they contact you. Don't tell them you know their lies, as then they love to come back, acting insulted, trying to convince you how real they are and that you should trust them. Many will say they're not asking for money- well, at least not for now is the real way they will deal.
It is hard to be on Facebook or a dating site and get contacted this way. You didn't ask for it and they don't deserve anything further from you. Keep them out of your life and mind. If you need any further help, please let us know.