Information on romance scams and scammers.
#64966 by BrodOnTheLookOut Sat Sep 03, 2011 5:36 am
I was looking up the name "duchess of castle bridge, lady Jan" and came across this site(Scamwarners). It showed something really close to what this man has said to me on Face Book. What Can I Do? This is what I received and I had seen this mans words on YOUR site as I was reading over the postings.
"wow........i am certainly speechless....what manner of beauty bestowed on one person. You must have been created on God's resting day.
The name is Navaz. i was looking through a list of profiles where i happen to be a fan when i found your profile too. i looked at it carefully and found out that we have lots in common, especially in the area of smiling like no one is watching, as ur picture suggested that. That is a very sexy picture u have there. it reminds me of the likes of the duchess of castle bridge, lady Jane who was made queen of England cos of her charming beauty, most catching enough she was a maid to the former queen Anna Boleyn when King Henry sited her in court (British History...tell u more later)lol. Hope u don't mind my humorous comparatives as i couldn't think of a better comparative than this.hehe. They were all damn beautiful. lets be friend,

what do u say dear??? we could get to know each other more and better...would u like tht?.....chuckling."
This is his user name that he uses with me on Face Book: Stuart Navaz Gulliver. his Email address is: [email protected]
He has also posted this with me: Hi _____,

It so nice hearing from you again. I got your message on yahoo and I have replied. When will you be online on yahoo so that we can chat.

I was searching for truck drivers because I work with KOTC as a consultant. KOTC is Kuwait Oil Transport Company. They supply to the US, UK and so many other countries.

We have a lot to know and learn about each other. Until we see online....Cheers
I have MORE THAT I CAN PUT ON HERE but I need to know what I can do from my end?? I dont want to de-friend him until I find out what I can do to get this guy!! I also have photos he sent me as well.
This guy Stuart has posted on Face Book the following: Has worked at KOTCS tudied at Florida International University Lives in Pella, Iowa From Des Moines, Iowa Born on March 25 ALSO he gave me this phone number to call, and when I did it was some kind of invalid code; My UK number is +447024098447 that was why I told you to dial 011447024088447.

I want to post his pictures on here but didnt know how to. PLEASE CAN YOU HELP!!
Last edited by BrodOnTheLookOut on Sat Sep 03, 2011 7:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Advertisement

#64985 by Katharina Sat Sep 03, 2011 6:50 am
Welcome brod, I'm glad you found us.
Yes, you are in contact with a scammer, I hope you didn't lose any money.

This phone number tells it all: +447024098447.
Like all numbers beginning with +4470......... it is a re-direct number which will pass on your call to anywhere in the world.

His language is not that of an American.

Here is a guide how to post pictures:
viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219

If you need help, just ask.
#64988 by BrodOnTheLookOut Sat Sep 03, 2011 7:06 am
I went and uploaded photos of the poor fellow as well as a photo with a man and his son. They are all the same person, except 1! :cry: I am sooo sad to see that this scamer is using a child with his father in it. I was so touched by this mans words!! I have been single for a long time. I guess thats what he looks for. I have more words that he used with me if it helps. How can he be stopped? Im sure Ill recive something from him and a few days. He wasnt happy with me when I asked one of his Face Book friends a question about the Address he wanted me to use to send money.
#65027 by BrodOnTheLookOut Sat Sep 03, 2011 4:33 pm
PHOTO BEING USED ON FACE BOOK by the name "S Navaz Gulliver"
THE NAME GIVEN FOR HIS "son" is: Arthor
I had writen a not to one of his friends on Face Book by the name of : Stuart Gull. THIS IS WHAT I SAID on Wensday 08/31/11
I have a question and also remark. The only reason why I am asking you this is because you seam to be friends with Stuart N. Gulliver. He and I have been writing back and forth to each other for almost a month. He stated he wants to meet me and that he has a son and Stuart also sent me Pics of them. Any way he is Suppose to be in the UK on buisness. But he needs 1300 USD to get back. I had copied and pasted the following out of one of his many Emails to me: "I will give you back immediately we meet. If you can please send it for me through western union money transfer using the following information:
Name: Mr. Staurt Gulliver
Address: 130 Tonbridge Hildeaborough Kent TN 119DZ United Kingdom." I looked the address up and its for a Fidelity UK Foundation. ALSO know for scammers to use. I thought Stuart was really wanted to be with me. He told me his wife died from Cancer and every thing. I still have his emails. What do you make out of this? Confused and Sad in Cali- -== I have attached a photo he sent me, which I have been using for my Screen Saver of him.
THIS IS MY RELPY I RECEIVED FROM Stuart Gull: Stuart Gull

I have known Mr. Staurt Gulliver just few months ago while I was in Germany. We became friends because we bear almost the same name. I am a medical missionary working with the Red Cross. Right now I am in Libya helping with medical issues there. No way to help my friends outside of here. I will write him to tell him that. Why are you the one making this request on his behalf? Mr. Staurt that I know is a rich young man and he works so hard as an engineer so I wonder why he will be stranded because of this little money? You said he talks about meeting you where? Do you have feelings for him? I am not regular on facebook. The internet in this region fluctuates. Am sorry I have to go now. will write him later today. There are so many patients to be treated down here.

Me: The request on his behalf, I was not making. I was looking for an answer of why he would give me an address that scammers have been using in the UK, when making false accusations to others. I am aware that he makes good money as well. I am also aware that while he was leaving a hotel he had been jumped and woke up in a hospital. He had written to me about this in a letter. This is why he needed money from me. Since I have spoke to him on the phone, I in no way thought of him as a scammer, also he and I have been righting to one another about our lives and past lives. He had came to me on FB wanting to gain a strong relationship that would end in our being with each other. I had fallen in love with the person he speaks about him being. He has also told me he loves me as well. His son is suppose to be in Iowa at this moment under the care of his father. I hope someone is not using Mr. Gulliver's name and profession to scam other people. You know "identity theft". Well I hope all is well with you helping others, Im glad to here of what you do. Any way, thank you for writing me back in such a busy time in your life. I hope between the two of us, we can figure out why Mr. Gulliver would of used an address that is false as well as him wanting to be with me in a loving relationship that in fact might not be true.

HIS "friend"Stuart Gull:Hello, I wrote him a letter on facebook and he replied telling me that he was robbed by some guys who he believe are agents of other contractors that are competing with him for the job. That they concentrated on getting his laptop and phones before they reached out for his wallet and made away with all he had on him at the moment. I told him to give me his number so that I call him and hear his voice and believe me it is him that I spoke to. I just don't know why he got himself involved in this kind of mess. He said that he sustain little injuries. He was not happy when I told him that you contacted me for financial asistance. He was talking about you with great interest and since I knew him, I have never heard him speak like that. He seems to be in love with you but not happy with your attitude by not supporting him when he needed you. You know a friend in need is a friend indeed. He told me that he is still in UK puting things in other. Let me give you a secret, he loves you. Dont mess with that. I will keep praying for you too to get together and become soul mates.
Gat to go.

HERE IS A REPLY FROM S. Navaz Gulliver to ME after his "friend" told him I wrote;
"Did you tell anyone that I asked you for financial support? My friend contacted me and told me you contacted him. Why did you do that? I am not happy with the way you handled the simple favour I asked of you. You should stop thinking I am not for real. Do you want to see me on a cam? I am not here for childs play and not ready to play with your feelings. I feel in love with you the moment I looked at your picture and we exchanged so many letters. Fidelity International is the investment managers of Murphy Oil. If you look at the stamp on the certificate that I sent to you you will see that the stamp bears there name. Check it..... How are my suppose to know that the address has been used by scammers? Scammers use anything even Bank of America for scamming. I am here for real and if you want me as much as I do then let us build our relationship on trust. You made me feel like you never loved me nor cared about my welfare. I think about you all the day and I write you anytime I have time. Since I came here I have been having ups and down and I am happy you are always with. I can feel that. Please my dear, don't throw away the love we have built for a long time. Don't bother about the money I asked of you. I am working on raising the money and if I can get it by today, I will sell something I get myself a tickect back to UK before Saturday. I have been out for a long time now and my son miss me so much and I still have an unfinished love issues with you. hahahahaha. Dont worry dear, soon we will be together. please stop telling my friend what I discuss with you ok. He does not tell me the problems him and his wife normally has so why should you tell him what is going on between us?

I still feel bad for the way you handled and ignored me because I asked you for a simple favour. Anyway, I don't allow things to get to me that bad and that is why I am still looking so young at my age.

I will write you later dear. I am in the train right now moving the next town."
Here is the Certificate that he send me in an Email
#65028 by BrodOnTheLookOut Sat Sep 03, 2011 4:45 pm
Re: Hi! 1

Stuart n Gulliver

TO:

XXXXXXXXX

Tuesday, August 30, 2011 11:37 PM
Message body
Hello xxxxxx,

Guess what Hon, I won the contract!!!!! I was so honoured when I was announced the winner of the contract on Saturday. I know that this is God showering me with blessing. I am so happy dear. I am going to be very rich after this contract. I am so sorry for not writing or calling you all this while. I had to follow up the contract myself and make sure that everything is done right. I was issued my certificate on Monday and I have been mandated to start work immediately but I will have to go see my son and you before I can commence work because I have missed you guys so much.

I have read all the emails you send to me and all the poems and they are all romantic. I love them baby and I just wish to see more of them. It gives me strength to move on.
After all the processes and bills that I paid, I am left with little or nothing for my air ticket and to settle for my hotel bills.
Babe, I will need your help right now. I will need you to lend me 1,300 USD so that I can get my air ticket and offset the remaining balance of the hotel bills. I have collected a check for 30% of the contract amount which is just for mobilization so I need to come back and pay in the check in my bank account in Iowa and start making contacts for the supply immediately.

You are the only one that I can ask for such favour right now. I will give you back immediately we meet. If you can please send it for me through western union money transfer using the following information:

Name: Mr. Staurt Gulliver
Address: 130 Tonbridge Hildeaborough Kent TN 119DZ United Kingdom

Please dear, I will appreciate your assistance. I lost my phone again when we had a dinner party on Friday and my new laptop was matched on because I was kind of tipsy and forgot that I had my laptop on the floor so I matched on it and the screen cracked. Your number is in my facebook so I will call you right away.

Cheers love.

Navaz

Stuart Gulliver <[email protected]>
#65061 by Bubbles Sun Sep 04, 2011 12:09 am
BrodOnTheLookout, I have moved this thread into Romance scams where it belongs. It is related to these posts too: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=23130&p=65058#p65058

Please start only one topic per scammer. It helps keep the forum organized. :D

Bubbles, former Scamwarners moderator.

Rest in Peace 24 June 2015.

Gone, but never forgotten.
#65979 by Katherinependleton Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:39 am
The exact same post on Facebook was sent to me at the end of August 2011 by the name Robert Brooks. The photos that he sent to me resemble the photos that you have posted. I also found this guy on Linkedin using the name Franklin Midas. He also has a myspace account under the same name. Additionally, he goes by Davis Miller. He claims to be an engineer and has his own oil broker company. Supposedly he lives in Los Angeles, CA. He alleged that he was in London the end of August for an oil seminar and then went to China to buy oil after winning a contract that he competed against 49 other companies for. He made me the second beneficiary of the oil contract. I foolishly filled out the form that he scanned and emailed to me. A few days later, he asked me for $20K when he said that he had bought oil at a higher price than expected. I did not send him any funds to the Bank in China that he sent me the address for.

I chatted with this guy on Skype many times and saw him on a web cam. He is identical to his many photos that you posted. He claimed that his wife Lillian died 4 years ago of cancer and that he has a 16 year old daughter named Stacy that is a student at Cambridge School for Girls in London. The phone number that he gave me while he was allegedly in London is 011447045771035. The email address that he has used with me. Is [email protected]. He also uses a Skype address of Robert.Brooks94.

This guy called me at 4:15 a.m. Two nights ago and has emailed me since asking for $2000 for a plane ticket from China to America. He has also contacted me on Skype telling me how much he loves me.

This guy is sophisticated in his approach and most likely has numerous fictitious names. He isn't as smart as he thinks he is because he isn't detail oriented and slipped up several times in continuity of his stories. I have saved emails and fake documents that he has sent and I am planning to contact the FBI to turn in what I have.
#65986 by Bubbles Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:44 am
Welcome to ScamWarners. The phone number you have been given is a redirect number so it looks like he is in London or the UK. The number is redirected to any country he chooses in the world.

It is best to just stop communicating with this person. Nothing good will come out of it.

You have a PM

#67329 by devastated Sat Sep 17, 2011 11:57 pm
Hi Brod, His FB responses to you reminds me of the way my scammer had talked to me and reading it almost convince me again to feel guilty and all that. I thought maybe your scammer may be mine but then I realize all have very similar attacks probably.
I'm confused by katherinependleton's case though. How did a West african scammer manage to show "himself" as the guy in the photos? I thought maybe if I ask for webcam in the future it will help, and of course to watch out for a loop video. But are there new breed of scammers international now to watch out for who actually use their real pictures and who aren't from the known regions?
#67336 by Bubbles Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:27 am
Scammers come from all countries of the world. They come from all ethnic backgrounds. The come from all cultures. Yes, it is an error to say that a scammer fits only one profile or location.

Many scammers are from countries with lax or bribeable law enforcement. That is not "always" true either. Scammers are opportunists and liars. The have existed fro thousands of years. The internet has give them easier access to victims and potential victims. For them every email address is a potential victim. :evil:

#83411 by seagal2012 Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:23 am
going by franklin midas on this end, oil engineer story, equipment to finish a project (the whole oil engineering thing) - emailed/called for 2+ mos before asking for money - the red flag I suppose - but I didn't google the name + scam until no contact on my final refusal of cash - proves to always go with your gut - and don't trust someone that asks for money - kind of a duh, but...

we need to get this guys aliases to come up in the google searches - I didn't find these few scam reports until I googled: franklin midas scam

other links with same ...http://whoscammedyou.com/scams/5247/roland_smith#
Last edited by seagal2012 on Sat Jan 28, 2012 6:44 am, edited 1 time in total.