Information on romance scams and scammers.
#68360 by Classychevygurl Sat Sep 24, 2011 8:06 pm
I also have been hit my the military leave requests scam, we have been chatting a few months and emailing back and forth, he asked me to go to [email protected] and request a leave on his behalf,he sent me the link and what to type in the letter, I sent it off and got back what looks to be official gov letters with the gov seals and adress of the pentagon docs to fill out and scan and re email back, luck a dummy I did !! I realized what I had done giving my full name, address work phone numbers and how much I earn thinking afterward these are questions to filling out credit card applications basic general info but I did not in anyway send any bank info. Now the leave request has been granted and it is asking for $1875 in US funds. I told him I do not have it and that he would have to find his own way home .... I also realized just how many people are being scammed and I'm pissed, although I am hopefully still chatting and emaing with him in so that I can get him caught and arrested without him knowing that I am aware that this is a full blown scam that he is so sweetly asking of me.

The scammer says his name is Lt Col Aaron Zecchini, 5th command of the 19th battilion special forces
Advertisement

#68390 by Helen Halper Sun Sep 25, 2011 1:05 am
Welcome to Scamwarners, Classychevygurl!
I'm sure glad that you didn't lose any money to this scumbag.
Would you please post one or two of the emails that he sent? That could really help another potential victim doing a Google search.

#68394 by David Jansen Sun Sep 25, 2011 1:47 am
Welcome here Classychevygurl.

It is better to drop him now, and stop chatting and emailing him. You are in contact with an African scammer and it is very unlikely that you can get him arrested, as he makes sure he stays anonymous, possibly working from one of the many internet café's there. When you post some of his emails here, then other (potential) victims can find it and be warned.

Being a victim doesn't mean you stand alone. We're here to help you.
#68559 by Michael Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:08 am
Hi classychevygurl,

I would really love to see the emails and a set of headers. With those we can get the site offline. Thanks a lot for reporting this to us!

Account inactive - messages are not being monitored