Information on romance scams and scammers.
#9477 by Holly Brown Wed May 06, 2009 5:17 pm
His profile on 4ppl:

I am a: Man
Birthday: 01.02.1981
Looking for: Woman
Relationship: Woman
Language: English

About me

i am boy looking for a good girl.i am boy looking for a good girl.i am boy looking for a good girl.i am boy looking for a good girl.i am boy looking for a good girl.i am boy looking for a good girl.i am boy looking for a good girl.i am boy looking for a good girl.i am boy looking for a good girl.

He apparently couldn’t think of much, so he just pasted the one line in several times to make it look longer.

His letter to me:

Hello I read your profile today and it was so good to me.i feel you are the only one missing in my entire life so i decided to stop on it and let you know that i am interested to be a friend first.i also believe that coming to you will be a probabilty of meeting that very love that has been lacking in my entire life.
please i will like you to contact me direct to my e-mail address,
i am a man with respect and responsible,i respect
people also and believe if you contact me,i will give you a full introduction of my self okay. i will be waiting for your mail to my e-mail
adsdress([email protected]) cares for my future love Alex.

So I wrote to him (with a fake name and an email address that reveals nothing about myself), and this was his response:

Dearest Love,
I am more than happy in your reply to my mail, how is your day today i hope all is well and fine with you including your health and job. My name is Mr Alex Felix kassala and i am 30 years, single and never been married, i am from Sudan in Africa but presently residing in the missionary church here in Senegal where i ran as a refuge due to the political civil war that took place in my country. I am in sufferings and pains here in this camp and i really need help from a woman by encouraging me and good advice in life and to help me to come out from this situation, and again to help me get my money, because my late father deposited some amount of money for me in the Bank and he used my name as the next of kin.

My late father Dr. Ellison Kassala, who was CEO of (ELLISON TECHNICAL INDUSTRIAL COMPANY PLC), in Port Sudan. During the war, the rebel loyal to one of the greedy business associate of my late father attacked our house one early morning and killed my mother and father including my only sister that i have in a cold blood. It is only me that is alive now and i managed to make my way to this country Senegal by the help of UN army where i am living now in the missionary, headed by a Reverend Father, i used his office computer to send you this email and i only enter his office when he is less busy in his office

I would like to know more about you, your likes, dislikes and your hobbies and what you are doing presently, i like to meet understanding, loyal, sincere, truthfully, kindly and friendly and more to that, a woman of vision and truth. I will tell you more about myself in my next mail. Attached here is my picture, i will be hoping to hear from you again.
I am humbly waiting for your mail,
Kisses and continue dreaming about me
yours in love
Alex.

The above mail included a huge picture of a very nice African man and a cheesy picture of a vase of flowers.

Now, I’m not so old that I forget easily what his profile said. He said in his profile that he is from New York. Where did this Senegal bit come from, and what’s that about being from Sudan? Yes, I know – it’s all lies, every bit of it.

[email protected] if you want to ask me more questions.
Advertisement