Information on romance scams and scammers.
#9479 by Holly Brown Wed May 06, 2009 5:23 pm
Here’s his profile info on 4ppl:

I am a: Man
Birthday: 05.05.1962
Looking for: Woman
Relationship: Woman
Language: English

About me

Hi chris by name ..........sincere,kind,honnest,truthfull and most of it all God fearing man..thats all for now .

And here’s his message to my (fake) profile:

I am Chris by name. from USA, am a building engineer. I saw your profile in this website and I was really hooked up and would love to get to know you more better ......I'm a building engineer. I have been a single for 5yrs and got 1 kid he live with me. am dark blonde hair, I have gone through a lot of dates but just won't find a suitable match for myself...I have gone through so many things in life which I will like to express right now and I must tell you that you seems sweet nice and kind and your profile tells me more about you, I must tell you I need a woman like you in my life as a life partner, you have all the qualities a man like. I am Kind of man that like’ woman that are honest truthful, trustworthy and most woman here in my states are not honest with me all they need from me is my money. Well it nice coming across your profile and I think it really interesting. You want to be free to express yourself and you understand the world around you. I have been hurt so many times and I am wanting to meet a nice woman with true love and I believe you are.........I love to play golf, tennis and soccer, writing and watch sporting games and a whole lot other things to make me busy and don't lonely. Like traveling and I think I have been a good traveler and better one .well a little about you would make me feel very happy I love to get a response from you...until then have a nice day out there hope to hear from you soon. my private email address it's…[email protected] so that we can have a nice chart as well leave a message .....I hope to hear from you soon until then have a great time.
Care to hear from you soon.
Take good care of your self. Am ready to move any where to meet with my soul match if that is what you may need to make a perfect relationship I will do that to please your heart am expecting your reply soon and I also love to hear from you bye for now have a nice day and a lovely to her from you thanks.
Chris.

He claims to be “from USA” – how many real Americans say that?

He doesn’t know how to use periods and commas properly.

He put his email address in his message – wants to get started right away, just in case the site catches him and bans him.

Please don’t fall for Chris or any other scammer. Romance scammers are very smooth and very devious. They will often take time to ensure that you are well and truly hooked, although they often “fall in love” with you almost immediately. Once they are certain that you would do anything for them, then they will start whining for money. They “travel” abroad and get mugged; they don’t get paid for the business they travelled for; their child (who for some unknown reason travels with them) falls ill or has an accident and is in the hospital. The list is endless, but it always means they need money, and they need it sent via Western Union or Moneygram to someone in the country they’re visiting – not themselves. (That is, of course, because they will pick it up themselves with their real identity or have an accomplice pick it up.)

Remember this – if this man is relly an American, he can contact the American Embassy in that country and get assistance. However, if you suggest that, he will fall all over himself with reasons why he can’t do that. Tell him you’ll contact the US State Department yourself and get them to help – and he’ll either miraculously find the money (only to have another disaster later) or drop you.

[email protected] if you want to ask me more questions.
Advertisement