Information on romance scams and scammers.
#69546 by garycrunk Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:53 am
Hello all.

I am not the first.... Won't be the Last unfortunately, But fortunately I am a skeptic and can do some investigating on my own, and I did NOT send money...

I "Met" this person on a Dating site (Upgraded site from Plenty of Fish). Said her name was Sgt Betty Garcia. This scam took about a week of discussions before they wanted to talk to me on the Phone. But I had to Link my Celphone to their Radio Phone. In order to accomplish this, they sent this:

"You will have to send them a mail from your side and tell them that you are interested in connecting your cell phone to your girlfriends radio phone in Afghanistan. You will ask them how to go about it and the cost, because she said her husband paid a token. [email protected]"

So... Curious, I sent the request (At this point I am suspecting a scam).
Here is what I received (And I found a VERY similar email like this right here on scamwarners)
===================================================================================
Dear Subscriber,
Thank you for the Inquiry, our service is to provide phoning and Satellite facilities between civilians and Military Personnels. We specialize in providing global satellite access services. TS2 solutions have been
implemented for U.S. Department of 20 State, United States Marine Corps (USMC), U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (USACE), Australian Defense Force (ADF), Command of Polish Navy, Special Military Formation GROM, 1st Special Commando Regiment, Polish National Police, Polish National Headquarters of the State Fire Services, Border Guard (Poland), Ministry of Sport and Tourism of the Republic of Poland, World Bank Group, Lockheed Martin Information Technology, Halliburton Energy Services, KBR, General Dynamics Information
Technology, General Atomics Aeronautical Systems Inc., L-3 Communications Vertex Aerospace, US Naval Research Laboratory, ITT Corporation - Aerospace / Communications Division, CACI Technologies, ARINC Incorporated, Technest Holdings / EOIR Technologies, North Eastern Aeronautical Company (NEANY), Echo Storm Worldwide (ESW), Jorge Scientific Corporation(JSC), Erinys International(EI), Aegis Iraq(AI), American Heart of Poland(AHP), Warsaw Stock Exchange, Polish Supreme Chamber of Control,
Polish State Railways PKP S.A ., University of Warsaw, Reuters, TVP - Polish TV, TVN, Agora, PAP -Polish Press
Agency, EuroZet, Nokia Siemens Networks, Telekomunikacja Polska, PTC - Polska Telefonia Cyfrowa, Centertel, Polkomtel, Michelin Poland, BMW - Bayerische Motoren Werke, DaimlerChrysler, Seat - Iberia Motor
Company, IBM - International Business Machines Corporation, HP - Hewlett- Packard, Manitowoc Crane Group,
Carrefour, Colgate- Palmolive, Comarch, PBG S.A., Prochem S.A., Holowczyc Management, NG2 - New Gate20Group, LPP=2 0S.A., Big Star Limited, MarcPol S.A., Bank BPH, PKO TFI S.A., PGNiG - Polish Petroleum and Gas Mining, Drill- Lab, MEGAGAZ S.A., SCHMIDT Holding, White&Case, Sun Microsystems, PMM -
Polish Medical Mission, UPS - United Parcel Service, EMPIK, Polish Medical Air Rescue, SkyTaxi and PPPTV Mrówka Ca?a Jurka Owsiaka. Especially for US Army soldiers we ship VSAT equipment within /5-7 days/ in
Afghanistan, Iraq and the Middle East.

We also provide Thuraya Satellite Phones for the Military personnel. Thuraya products give you the freedom
of movement and the ability to stay connected in more than 110 countries in America, Europe, North, Central Africa and large parts of Southern Africa, the Middle East, Central and South Asia . This means total coverage whether you are in a village, on a 3 D20 mountain or by the coast.

20 BASIC ADVANTAGE OF THE THURAYA
SATELLITE PHONE THAT WE PROVIDE
FOR THE MILITARY ARE:
*Thuraya Satellite Services
*Voice communications with handheld
(Thuraya SO-2510, SG-2520, Hughes
7100 (discontinued) / 7101 and Ascom
21 (discontinued) or fixed terminals
*Short message service
*9.6 kbit/s of data & fax service
*60 kbit/s downlink and 15kbit/s uplink
"GMPRS" mobile data service on SO and SG handsets
*High-speed data transfer via a notebook-sized terminal (Thuraya DSL and ThurayaIP)
*GPS is supported by all handsets
*A number of value-added services, such as news, call back, call waiting, missed calls, voice mail, WAP, etc.
*Prayer service: after sending the GPS position to a special number a reply is sent back containing exact prayer times and heading towards Mecca. *Service available for Sunnis and Shiatsu
*A one-way 'high power alert' capability that notifies users of an incoming call, when the signal path to the satellite is obstructed (e.g. inside a building)
*Marine Services: a combination of a special (fixed) base station and subscription offering voice, fax, data and always on internet-access. Also an emergency service which, when activated, sends multiple SMS messages containing alarm-status and actual position to pre-defined destinations
*A Possibility of communicating freely in 110 countries in Europe, North and Central Africa, Asia, and Middle East Satellite and GSM connectivity in one telephone.
* No prepaid cards needed
*Free Thuraya - SG-2520 Handset -
Satellite/GSM
================================
@@@@@ HERE IS THE HOOK @@@@@
================================
*Free calls for Military Personnel and after the ($338) USD money back guaranteed subscription fee(s) have
been remitted. In other to register for our phoning facility, you are advice to provide the information listed below first before you can discuss about the payment.

YOUR INFORMATION
- FULL NAME:
- HOME ADDRESS:
- PHONE NUMBER:
- PHONE SERVICE PROVIDER:

MILITARY PERSONNEL INFORMATION
- NAME:
- MOS AND ACCESS CODE OF YOUR BOY OR GIRL FRIEND/FIANCE:
- LOCATION (COUNTRY WHERE HE/SHE
NEEDS THE SERVICE):

Once you provide us with the above information you are no longer anonymous to us. (We) protect your
privacy. We do not insist you to provide extra personal information than necessary. All information collected will not be used for any illegal activity. The information is what we are going to use to register you with our service.

Regards.
0A TS2.
0A Satellite Provider Technologies
Satellite
Copyright 2009 by TS2 SAT Telecoms -
Military ISP 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010 &
2011 for US Army =02 in Afghanistan
and Iraq. All Rights Reserved.
©2011.............................................
===================================================================================
If I weren't versed in Military Deployment policies and procedures (I was in the Army for 12 years), I might have bought into this Scam. I know that for soldiers deployed overseas, they CAN receive Mail and Care Packages (This scammer said they could not receive mail or care packages). And the only way she could talk on the phone was to connect my celphone to her Radio-Phone. NOT true also. ALL deployed soldiers can go to the USO and make FREE phone calls or they can go to MARS stations and make free phone calls via Ham Radio volunteers...

So if there is any other "GUY" out there that has been talking with this (Very Smooth and Very Good) Scammer, be warned.

Soldiers overseas are afforded MANY opportunities to contact loved ones at home via FREE services provided to them right there on whatever base they are stationed...
Advertisement

#69563 by Dotti Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:10 pm
Thanks for posting this one, and for reiterating the very important point that people do not have to pay to be in contact with soldiers.

Can you post the email addresses used by the scammer (assuming "she" led you to email from the dating site) and the fake TS2?

Need to post photos? http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
Are you a victim of a romance scam? Read here for advice and FAQ's.
#69740 by Andy Hood Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:01 pm
I have been deployed before and it is not that difficult to be in contact with people back home or even abroad. It used to be that way but even the most remote outposts have communications with the out side world and its not hard. We've been there too long now. Definately a scam....

Edit: Also a pic with civilian clothes and an AK-47? That had to be taken earlier on in the war......circa 2004? Anybody correct me?

What are the headers for this email?
#69772 by David Jansen Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:11 am
Welcome here garycrunk.

Thank you for posting these photos this scammer is using. Could you please watermark these photos with "scam", or "used by scammer"?

Being a victim doesn't mean you stand alone. We're here to help you.