Information on romance scams and scammers.
#145476 by began steele Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:44 pm
Amish, he used the photos of S Sgt Adam Lingo. I believe he has left the Army. You can publish his fake name and email addresses .Scammers use his photos all the time. And do copy his messages as well.

We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. ~~ George Orwell.
Advertisement

#147023 by Grunt Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:22 pm
adultsingles.com
My name: Smithbenson270
Birthday: 1962-01-24
Relation type: Long term or marriage
My country: United States
State: Florida
My city: Lakeland
My race: Native American
My marital status: Widowed
Kids: One
My living situation: Live alone
My job: Officer
My income: More than $10,000 per month
My education: Secondary school
I speak: English

#147024 by Grunt Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:40 pm
mingle2
smithbenson270
"Look for a wife"
50 year old man from Miami, Florida Looking for woman for relationship
Online now!
Ethnicity Native American

About smithbenson270
Interests:
i am a simple man,honest,sincere and caring, i hate lies and hate fakes and most i am a open minded person...im here very serious for my love and not for games, and mostly im ready for marriage and im looking for a woman that knows how to love and care, a woman with full of love and trust and understanding...please feel free to email me and read my profile heartily if this profile of mine fits to your search please write me your friendship and your message will be horned.

CS
josmif
get in touch
I am a: 38 yr-old man seeking women, 18-45
Marital Status: Never Married
Has Kids: I have no kids
Wants Kids: Someday
Education: Some College
Income: Less than $25,000
About me:
Interested lets get in touch more in chatting ,social and intimate
I’m looking for:
Love&Respect enjoy life as is short,anything new is always interesting.Life is a closed box but the key to the box is always a touch away from ourselves!!

Image Image

To [email protected]
Opened 2013/01/29
Location Lagos, Nigeria (86% likelihood)
Opened on (196.46.245.49:57491)
Last edited by Grunt on Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:27 am, edited 2 times in total.
#147429 by luciernaga Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:25 am
I was scammed by a person claimed to be Sgt. soldier name Cheng Huynh and i have a lot of his photos

be aware scammers come from many places but nowadays more from west africa; they are using soldiers photos or any handsome man. Do not send money to other country if u met the person online. Find love online is now very danger.
Last edited by luciernaga on Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
#151479 by Spook Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:47 am
Pics stolen from FB account of Lt.Col. Andy Hilmes
http://www.facebook.com/andy.hilmes/pho ... ndy.hilmes

http://person.com/personals.phtml?user_id=6901450
USER ID: 6901450
Nickname: M.hilmes
Name: Hilmes
State/Region: Georgia
City: Atlanta
More about myself: Though we live in the "Here and Now" you are no procrastinating slouch. Your ambition is not to miss a chance to experience, grow and explore for the sake of the human condition/connection.
You must be a person that has an open mind and heart; seeking more than just what's in front of you physically but what stands beside you spiritually. A type of person that has a healthy desire for the 'Marriage Minds', open to exploring life /creating ~ open new opportunities as they arise.
A willingness (with no regret) to be there for me in more than one way physically, mentally and emotionally and ...ually as I am for you. Maintaining a healthy life lends itself to you being in (some sort of) shape/tone/active. Your style/swagger is a commanding sophisticated presentation of who you are as a woman coming across genuine, turning my head, making my knees weak...
You jump at a chance to dismiss paucities of ...tered relations, to cherish the silly intellectual stimuli & wild banter shared between us (at any given moment). And while you're reaching for the stars in my eyes; you should notice that you haunt my every thought, with your commanding charismatic nature: a 'special coffee blend' ... A balance of your '...y' with a twist of a quirky-sharp laidback attitude.

Image Image

#151878 by Janey Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:14 am
The piece of scum calling himself James is nothing but a Edited racist comments. There is currently a court case going on where I have been accused of money laundering because I helped this piece of scum. I sent all the money I had, sold my car, mortgaged my home & now I'm awaiting a circuit hearing of the 5th of March because of this so & so....Words are to good for him, he should be hung, drawn & quartered. Unnecessary remarks removed I don't believe he has any..like the morals he loves to talk about, NON EXISTENT......Ask him if he remembers Dot ????? Maybe Betty ????? And what about the KID he is supposed to have???? Everything draws a blank, except for the fact that he knows so much about Western Union & Money Gram they speak all languages to him as this is his living. Scamming poor unsuspecting women. Don't think he only has one name, he has a list as long as your arm & is listed on almost every dating site you would care to mention...
Don't get caught up with him, research every person that contacts you as it is most likely him using one of his many aliases...He's good, but there is always someone a little bit smarter, it's such a lovely feeling scam baiting him & he doesn't have a clue what is going on, I'm just hoping he will get his just desserts.....He will if I have anything to do with it.....BEWARE LADIES DON'T GET CAUGHT REMEMBER RESEARCH......GOOGLE IS YOUR BEST FRIEND...USE IT..

Moderator comment: I edited out some comments which were unnecessary to get your point across. We try to stay family friendly and we are a International board. Not all citizens of Nigeria are scammers. ~Bubbles
#152201 by Bubbles Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:49 am
Welcome to ScamWarners Janey. I am sorry you were sucked into helping a scammer. Sadly, because you had a traceable identity, you are the one involved in the lawsuit. I hope you kept the instructions he gave you about receiving money and sending it to him. Please let us know how it works out.

Bubbles, former Scamwarners moderator.

Rest in Peace 24 June 2015.

Gone, but never forgotten.
#152268 by Grunt Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:23 pm
okcupid
armyjjman
46 / M / Straight / Single
Kabul, Afghanistan
My self-summary
My friend count on me for a good listening ear and a positive outlook. In turn, I love to see my friends smile and to hear them laugh, but I'm willing to sit with them through the tears and quiet times as well. I am young at heart and am always assumed to be much younger than my DL indicates. At times, I can be silly and playful but also am the first to tear up at something touching. I see people for their potential and expect the good in people.
What I’m doing with my life
Lately, I have been very focused person with my business and am glad it is doing good now... And thats my army work so I guess I'm serving my country
The most private thing I’m willing to admit
Many fun and interesting opportunities have come my way. I look forward to many more and know that I enjoy them much more with company. We will laugh together a lot.
I’m looking for
Girls who like guys
Ages 35–70 :=)
Located anywhere
For new friends, long-term dating
You should message me if
I'm looking for someone with which to spend quality time that might turn into quantity time. My match will enjoy exploring the world and all of its mysteries. Also, I hope you have a heart for others and a passion for leaving this earth a bit better than it was when you got here. What is your passion?

#152365 by JustMeToday Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:59 am
Whats sad, is I just joined a dating site few days ago, and all ready, I have two (yep, I said two) posers IM'ing me... Here is what I got:

Goes by Dave Wells. As soon as he said his wife was deceased, it sent a red flag. Then when I asked about his MOS, he gave me his rank. Then he asks if I know about military life. Yep, my ex husband was Army for 8 years. What do I NOT know about the Army. LOL

Here is our conversation:

No One Special — Thursday, 21 February 2013 03:42 PM
Dave Wells — Thursday, 21 February 2013 11:49 PM
Huh? What's that!!!?
No One Special — Friday, 22 February 2013 02:41 AM
I don't know. It said "smile" so I did. lol
Dave Wells — Friday, 22 February 2013 03:57 AM
Ok lol....you sound to be happy right? So what's the name and where you from? Its so nice your the first female have got to message on here and to receive her mail ....lol xxxxxxx
No One Special — Friday, 22 February 2013 11:58 AM
Lol.. Glad to be your "first".. LOL My name is Sonya and moving to Florida in 3 months from Germany. I am originally born in CA but raised in AL...
Dave Wells — Friday, 22 February 2013 04:18 PM
Cool and smooth then Sonya xx......Am happy to receive your reply... am new to this internet dating stuff as I want a real relationship and I got attracted by your profile and pics on here hun...and I believe we are of good match and we can be compatible or what do you think...I really need that woman that would as well love my daughter same way she's loving me cos katherine is my life xooxoxo and she loves her dad also,and I want the best for her xoxoxo
No One Special — Friday, 22 February 2013 04:19 PM
All my girls are grown.
No One Special — Friday, 22 February 2013 04:19 PM
But I do have grandbabies to spoil so that is a plus...
No One Special — Friday, 22 February 2013 04:28 PM
Her mother around a lot?
Dave Wells — Friday, 22 February 2013 05:00 PM
That's cool...that means we are of the same match and we can be both compatible as I think ,so why don't we chat better on the ym then and get to know each other better on there,give me your email address so I can add you to mine for an instant better chat! You know it pays to chat instantly,that keeps in touch better you know xxx
Dave Wells — Friday, 22 February 2013 05:01 PM
Oooh her mom is deceased! Don't wanna go into that now,that's a sore that has been healed!
No One Special — Friday, 22 February 2013 05:03 PM
Hmm, rather stick to this for now if you don't mind..
So, your in NJ?
I have family there...
Dave Wells — Friday, 22 February 2013 05:04 PM
Nope am presently here in Kabul on a deployment! Am a US army!!" Hope you aint got scared lol" hahahaha....by the way,sticking to what???!
No One Special — Friday, 22 February 2013 05:05 PM
Such a shame...
No One Special — Friday, 22 February 2013 05:13 PM
What is your MOS?
Dave Wells — Friday, 22 February 2013 09:12 PM
Staff Seargeant!....are you Familiar with the military life!
No One Special — 04:18 AM
I asked what your MOS was, not your rank........

Guy on the left: Image

The second one found me. Goes by Bill Auxier. Thought he came off awfully strong in his introduction to me....

Bill — Friday, 22 February 2013 11:20 PM
Hello cute angel...i like your bright eyes they are like woods and so wide like water of lake inside the valley like lush green trees on Mountains like an image of sun in water i love to see deep in them when they sparkle like pretty gems.........i am proud to see such a pretty and beautiful lady like you and i will like to appreciate your beauty a lot......if the only place i could see you was in my dream i would sleep forever coz you are so cute and sexy..i will appreciate you to write me back or add me A R M Y B O Y 9 3 7 @ Y A H O O . C O M

Thanks so much for this site. If I hadn't been reading these, I might would of fell for most of it, up until of course they asked for money for leave which would be stupid, cause like I said, I lived, breathed and ate the military life for 8 years.. LOL
#152368 by JustMeToday Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:00 am
Beware... He is on Hot or Not.. Thought the tattoo looked familiar. SO I skimmed through all the pictures. And yep..

He is going under the name John with no profile info. Here is the pic he is using:

#152395 by TerranceBoyce Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:40 am
The sad fact is that if you're contacted by someone claiming to be a soldier in Afghanistan/Iraq on a chat/dating/romance/social site it's almost certain that it's a scammer. Scammers can pretend to be other professions too, but they know that claiming to be on active service gives them more appeal.

You'd think soldiers on active service have nothing better to do than hang around social sites if you checked the numbers of scammers there claiming to be in the army.

If you don't want to let go, just proceed with caution and if you get any request for money or goods you need no further evidence. I've never romanced a girl with a request for money - only scammers do that.

CAR ADVERTS - If a car seller mentions escrow - he's scamming you Never ever for any reason pay anything until you have seen and inspected the vehicle
#152456 by JustMeToday Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:42 pm
Well, I met my soon to be ex-husband on Hot or Not 8 years ago while he was in Kuwait, so I guess I trust to much that some can be real while over seas.. But yea, I would never send money anyone, and their language alone sometimes give them away..

All well, maybe one day I will find "it" again... Until then, I am thankful for sites like this...
#152574 by JustMeToday Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:41 am
At last, another one. I think HOT or NOT is nothing but fakes... Anyone recognize his picture in previous scams? Goes my Mart.. I could tell by his talking. Also, when asked his MOS, he replies US Amry (misspells Army).. Too funny ALSO, notice his name tag is missing on the left. Looks photo shopped off... He is claiming to be a Second lieutenant.

Our conversation:

Mart — 02:58 AM
Hi honey
No One Special — 05:58 AM
Such a shame........
Mart — 07:55 AM
To who?
Mart — 07:57 AM
Just because I want to know ????
No One Special — 09:07 AM
Because it is to where you can't tell who is real and who is fake.. So many scammers all ready contacted me.. And so many I have blocked... They don't know I military forwards and backwards, so I can pick out a fake in a heartbeat...
Mart — 09:45 AM
Yea many are into but am not fake
Mart — 09:46 AM
Ok honey!!!!
No One Special — 09:48 AM
Ok... So, tell me something about yourself and I will do the same..
No One Special — 09:54 AM
Can I take a stab and say that you are probably deployed? Kubal? Peace keeping mission? lol
Mart — 09:57 AM
Am mart from canada verde, Tx And I lost my wife in plan Crash left with my daughter. Am in west Africa for peace keeping mission
Mart — 09:58 AM
But she is married now
No One Special — 09:58 AM
Wow, have met so many on here who have lost their wives. Widowers....... Sad
No One Special — 09:59 AM
Whats your MOS?
Mart — 10:12 AM
Us Amry
No One Special — 10:14 AM
Y'all kill me. Do you even know what MOS stands for? A true military person does and wouldnt answer back with US Amry (and they would definitely know how to spell ARMY).. Do you really think most of us women are dumb?
No One Special — 10:15 AM
I lived, breathed and eat military for 8 years.. Ask me what I DONT know about the "amry". Hahaha
Mart — 10:17 AM
I was driving
No One Special — 10:17 AM
And typing US Amry is easier than say 19K? lol... Too funny.... Too funny indeed...
Mart — 10:19 AM
Why do ??? sound lie this
Mart — 10:20 AM
I said I was driving
No One Special — 10:21 AM
Oh, so what is your MOS?
Mart — 10:24 AM
I wish to know ??? well because I have meet some lady scammer hear honey
No One Special — 10:24 AM
Who knows, I can be a scammer? I think you are..... lol Peace keep in West Africa is a new one. Usually it is Kubal.. lol
Mart — 10:30 AM
No honey
No One Special — 10:31 AM
Ok prove it to me then. What is your MOS and Rank?
Mart — 10:32 AM
Is just that I have a lot of business to do