Information on romance scams and scammers.
#77294 by dingocub Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:45 am
Angela

I am so sorry that he got you too. Did he give you the same pictures he gave me on POF?

These people really are evil creatures and I have found on POF that I have reported several men since I almost got scammed by "Charles". They prey on vulnerable people and it is quite scary how many actually do give them money.

Linda
Advertisement

#95746 by hydrobabs Thu Apr 12, 2012 4:39 pm
Thank you so much for posting this! Saved me a lot of trouble! He is still up to his games has even gone to sending me a Vermont teddy bear with a pajama gram in it.

Same story and same pictures and for the most part same letters! No money, however he has hinted at a phone and Ipod but figured that wont happen.

Keep this site up I reported Him to the FBI. so if any one gives him money let them know. Also the teddy bear company would not give me his info claiming company policy unless i had a court order but they also know he is using it to scam women.

Best of luck to all!
#95777 by hydrobabs Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:20 am
I wanted to share the e-mails and photos

Hi Dawn,

Thanks for your mail, it's good to know more about you. Well here is a little about myself, I'm a widower also, I have been married just once, she passed away 4 years ago and i'm left with my 5 years old daughter who means alot to me. I'm an only child as i don't have any brothers or sisters. I'm an American, I was born and raised in a town called adkins, Texas. My both parents got divorced when i was very young and my mom relocated back to the England after the divorce because she's of british origin and she has been living there ever since. I have not dated ever since i lost my wife. I am just getting back to the dating scene because i think it's time for me to move on with my life and find happiness again. I've been seeing advert for Match on TV for long and decided to sign up there with the hope of find someone to share my life with and grow old with, i'm not a bar type of person so it's hard to meet someone nice nowadays.

Indoor and outdoor activities i enjoy are reading books, listening to music, cooking, watching movies, going to the beach and watching the sunset, shooting pool and bowling. I like exploring new places and trying something new. I love playing and watching sport, exercising to keep fit and healthy.

I think it's time for me to move on and find someone to share my life with and grow old with. I'm a one woman's man and i am putting serious effort into finding someone. I am looking for a long lasting relationship that will offer best friends first then ultimately a passionate future. That's enough about me for now lol. I will like to get to know more about you. Hit me back and tell me more about yourself

Regards,
Charles

Hi Dawn,

Thanks for your mail, it's good to know more about you. Well here is a little about myself, I'm a widower also, I have been married just once, she passed away 4 years ago and i'm left with my 5 years old daughter who means alot to me. I'm an only child as i don't have any brothers or sisters. I'm an American, I was born and raised in a town called adkins, Texas. My both parents got divorced when i was very young and my mom relocated back to the England after the divorce because she's of british origin and she has been living there ever since. I have not dated ever since i lost my wife. I am just getting back to the dating scene because i think it's time for me to move on with my life and find happiness again. I've been seeing advert for Match on TV for long and decided to sign up there with the hope of find someone to share my life with and grow old with, i'm not a bar type of person so it's hard to meet someone nice nowadays.

Indoor and outdoor activities i enjoy are reading books, listening to music, cooking, watching movies, going to the beach and watching the sunset, shooting pool and bowling. I like exploring new places and trying something new. I love playing and watching sport, exercising to keep fit and healthy.

I think it's time for me to move on and find someone to share my life with and grow old with. I'm a one woman's man and i am putting serious effort into finding someone. I am looking for a long lasting relationship that will offer best friends first then ultimately a passionate future. That's enough about me for now lol. I will like to get to know more about you. Hit me back and tell me more about yourself

Regards,
Charles

Morning baby,

It's the beginning of a new day for you and I was thinking about you, as usual. It's good to wake up to reading from you. I think i will prefer the second option of you taking a short vacation and delivering the ipad yourself hahahah, i understand all you're saying but you have nothing to be worried about, besides $800 is not that much lol, I do have a gift for you also and you'll get it shortly. Also you can always insure your shipping so that will take care of any risk. I will try and see if i can get a cheaper deal from some stores ok. Babe I want you to know how much I sincerely love the times we've spent talking. It means so much to me. It truly seems like I've known you forever and I honestly can't imagine life without you now. There will be no looking back, no second thoughts and no regrets. I want you and need only you ... and that love will only grow stronger. Do not be scared my babe, sometimes life hits you with unexpected things that take you totally by surprise. All I can say is you're the best surprise life has given me and your capacity for love, caring, and understanding never ceases to amaze me. I've truly been blessed by finding you and I'll never let you go

Regards,

Charles
#95779 by hydrobabs Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:27 am
I wanted to share the e-mails and photos
hydrobabs wrote:Hi Dawn,

Regards,
Charles

Hi Dawn,

Regards,
Charles

Morning baby,

It's the beginning of a new day for you and I was thinking about you, as usual. It's good to wake up to reading from you. I think i will prefer the second option of you taking a short vacation and delivering the ipad yourself hahahah, i understand all you're saying but you have nothing to be worried about, besides $800 is not that much lol, I do have a gift for you also and you'll get it shortly. Also you can always insure your shipping so that will take care of any risk. I will try and see if i can get a cheaper deal from some stores ok. Babe I want you to know how much I sincerely love the times we've spent talking. It means so much to me. It truly seems like I've known you forever and I honestly can't imagine life without you now. There will be no looking back, no second thoughts and no regrets. I want you and need only you ... and that love will only grow stronger. Do not be scared my babe, sometimes life hits you with unexpected things that take you totally by surprise. All I can say is you're the best surprise life has given me and your capacity for love, caring, and understanding never ceases to amaze me. I've truly been blessed by finding you and I'll never let you go

Regards,

Charles

the pictures are the same as posted and he now used Yahoo Charles Williams <[email protected]>;
#110483 by JACKIE1968 Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:49 am
hi I also have just realize charles williams is a scammer
"Charles Williams" <[email protected]>,
Found on Oasis
Stay way obviously he is a repeat offender
He didn't get anything out of me and I guess I am one of the lucky ones.
I suspected something wasn't right when I saw oasis was investigating his profile and he couldnt answer questions about where he lived. His daughter is now 8 and he lost his wife 5 years ago. Photos are different to what I have seen on a google search. He is of olive complection and has dark hair very well dressed.
from the emails I was sent they all appear to be very similar.
#110550 by jolly_roger Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:58 am
Thankyou JACKIE1968 for posting the new e-mail address the tosser is using, because others conducting an internet search will find the report here. This post was started some time ago and the scammer is a repeat offender. But thankfully people will be alerted after doing some reading.
They quite often change profile pics and insert different e-mail addresses in an attempt to fool people. And no- they don't like answering questions.
I am extremely happy to hear you were not suckered in by it.
#110562 by JACKIE1968 Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:35 pm
Hi to you Jolly,
He obviously hasnt a mother, sister, daughter or to many female friends and doesn't really like women to much because he wouldn't be doing this sort of thing if he did. I hope to hell he is tracked down and punished for this sort of behaviour. It has been a huge wake up call to me and now will find it very difficult to chat to anyone online that I dont know personally. I can only hope that any other women he is comunicating with wake up to him just a quickly and find this site. Cheers
Here is the letter I recieved

Hello,

Thanks for letting me have your personal email address once again,i feel honored, I just thought you should truly know who i am ,I don't really know how this is to work, but hey! here is an exclusive. If at my age i do not know what and when to say, then what would i be? When a wise man sees he has probably spent about half of his time in life already, he begins to assess his main goals in life. What could be more important than a happy ending?
No matter his achievements, he is reduced to nothing if he has no crown to complete him and that is a woman to call his own. Wife and Best friend.

A woman who knows that even while arguing they still need to hold hands. A woman whom i can call a partner in crime. woman whom you can tell anything. How could you think anything can make you happier in life than finding a love that knows no bound.

I just thought i'd share my background with you to enable you know me more.I come from a middle-class background, I was born in Georgia July 17rd, 1965. I am the only child of my parents, My mother is from Greece while my dad is from here.... My father has worked a variety of jobs, But he ended up in construction before he died when i was 3years old. I decided to take after my father in construction but in a different style and manner(Architecture/Construction/Building Engineering).

My mum was working as a medical biller for the government, she bills claims and medical stuffs,she died 8 years ago i spent most time with my mum and was very close to her. when my dad died,we went back to the Greece and later relocated back here when i was 15 years old, most times we travel down to Greece for Holidays when i started schooling here in the states so i have a little bit of Greece accent.

I have not felt the love of a woman for long time now and i really miss it, to be sincere, am scared but just want to be bold, i am a one man to one woman relationship type and when i love, i love real hard, i listen to my partner and understand a lot.. .
Some day I hope to help people make healthier, more loving decisions with their lives. Perhaps as a kind of counselor. In the mean time, I’m happy with what I am doing because I know that the work I do makes a difference, I love everything about building and construction, I love to create new things everyday, am into building of houses,hospitals, construction of roads, building of structures for companies and underground laying of oil pipes, i hardly get angry because i do believe that energy and time should be put into something good.

This will be all for now and thanks for reading, hope that you find nothing offensive in what i have written, if there is anything else you would like to know, please do not hold back to ask and would like to know more about you.
Hope to hear from you soon.
Cheers and a big hug from me to you.
#375171 by AlmostScammed2 Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:54 pm
Hi

I was almost scammed by this person. Like the previous poster he said he was an engineer awaiting a shipment.

This time he says he is stuck in the Ukraine and I see from the previous posters IP address investigation is came out of the Ukraine.

He is working out of Google Hangouts now although he did give me an email address but I forget what it was. He wanted me to send the money to a person named Dmitriv Severin. He said this person was an architectural consultant and was acting as a go between between him and the Ukraine government as apparently he had combined 2 shipments to save money but it ended up overweight and was being fined $25,000. Therefore he was stuck in the Ukraine and needed $1200US to complete the payment.

He sent me several photos of his family and numerous pictures of himself date stamped in different poses. Sending me kisses while sitting at a table at a cafe.

He would send real time photos and I do believe these pictures were real. As he sent me different pictures on command.

He kept asking me for money and I would refuse he became angry and would try to guilt trip me.

Finally he said if I felt more comfortable I could send the money to his aunt in California and she would forward the money from there.

I said in order for me to send the money to her I needed her phone number to confirm she had in fact received the money. He was reluctant but I said I wouldn't send it unless I received her number.

He reluctantly gave me the phone number and I called his supposed aunt.

She was sadly another woman he had scammed. She told me she met him on bumble and had been speaking with him for over 6 months. Calling her baby and telling her he loved her like he said to me. She sent him $1200 US and never saw the money back nor did he go to meet her etc.

I met him on Happn.

He said he was going to marry me. He loved me. Called me baby.

I erased all of the pictures I had of him but I have his profile picture on Google Hangouts and it is definitely him.

Not sure how to attach the picture for this site.

If you could let me know I will attach it.