Information on romance scams and scammers.
#72346 by dingocub Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:19 pm
Hello everyone

Just wanted to let you know of this man I have been corresponding with that I met on a dating site Plenty of Fish. He claims to be a widow and has a 5 year old daughter. He told me he lives in Hamilton, Brisbane, Australia but is currently working in Pennsylvania as a construction engineer. He told me he would be home by the end of October but now says he is waiting for a shipment of imported products before he can come home. He has not asked me for any money but from the email I received this morning I was totally suspicious as I thought the email seemed very scripted. That is when I googled the words and found this website. He has sent me 3 photos, one with a child he is holding so god knows where he stole those from.

These are the emails I have received.

Hi Linda,
Thanks for your mail and sorry for my late response. It's good to know more about you. I am working in Pennsylvania here in the States. Well here is a little more about me, I'm an American, I was born and raised in a town called adkins, Texas in United States. My late wife was Australian and I migrated to Australia some years ago because of her and i've been living in Aussie ever since. I have not dated ever since i lost my wife. I am just getting back to the dating scene because i think it's time for me to move on with my life and find happiness again.

I grew up in a house on a couple of acres so we were fortunate in that we were able to experience some of what farm life has to offer. As a child we rared calves and lambs, we rode motorbikes and we explored the surrounding paddocks. I also liked chopping wood for the fire with my dad. As a child I spent a lot of time outdoors, riding my bike etc...I also spent a great deal of time drawing, painting, taking photos and writing, so I consider myself to be a creative person

I think it's time for me to move on and find someone to share my life with and grow old with. I'm a one woman's man and i am putting serious effort into finding someone. I am looking for a long lasting relationship that will offer best friends first then ultimately a passionate future. That's enough about me for now lol. I will like to get to know more about you. Hit me back and tell me about yourself

Kind regards,

Charles

Hi Linda,

How are you doing today and how was your night? Hope you had a pleasant night rest. I have really enjoy getting to know you and i can't wait to see what the future holds for us. Just want to tell you more about the kind of person i want to be with, I want someone who will enjoy me at my best and at my worst, to be there for me but yet not be too overbearing. Someone that I can count on come hell or high water. Someone that can still give me butterflies a year down the road. They don't have to be a romantic by any means but the occasional surprise , whatever it may be please do!!! Someone who will love me for who and what I am, Someone who is ready to work hand in hand to make the relationship work out fine. I want someone i can have good conversation with and talk to her about anything and everything.

A relationship takes two mature individuals not one! When a problem arises please talk through it, do not yell and hate over something If it isn't something that is going to change your life then there is no need to fight over it in the first place! please, do have trust and faith in me when I am not around you, please, do not speculate or jump to conclusions until you know the entire story.

When you love someone you should do anything in your power to make sure that they are happy and last but not least please treat them as you would want to be treated. Things change over time but not instantly and people will never change their personalities. I firmly believe that everything does happen for a reason also and that there is a reason why our path crossed and we're connected. Hope this tell you more about me. Have a lovely sunday and hope you get your laundry and grocery shopping done. Talk to you soon.

Charles

Hi Linda, I don't know what happened to me whether I was crazy or just that i have been lonely for too long, all I know is I was sick of being alone and unloved then you came along. I don't know why, I have not been able to do anything lately without thinking of you. I really think I have found someone special because ever since we started talking, I have not been able to get you out of my head. All I know is that I felt a connection on our first chat, something I had never felt before which at first made me feel uneasy,stupid and even a bit childish, which made me go through all kinds of emotions as we chatted and began finding we had a lot in common. I felt like we had known each other from an unknown past. No one in this world knows the feeling that I get when I talk to you. Every time I think about you, it gives me more and more strength with which to carry on with my life. It makes me happy to be alive knowing that you have came into my life and all I know is that I want to be with you! You have become a part of me that I will always cherish. I just wanted to let you know about my feelings and emotion. You don't have to be scared sweetie, the best way to love is to love like you haven't been hurt before.

With Love,
Charles

Morning Baby,

It's the beginning of a new day for you and I was thinking about you, as usual. I want you to know how much I sincerely love the times we've spent talking. It means so much to me. It truly seems like I've known you forever and I honestly can't imagine life without you now. There will be no looking back, no second thoughts and no regrets. I want you and need only you ... and that love will only grow stronger. Do not be scared my love. Sometimes life hits you with unexpected things that take you totally by surprise. All I can say is you're the best surprise life has given me and your capacity for love, caring, and understanding never ceases to amaze me. I've truly been blessed by finding you and I'll never let you go. Have a great day honey

With Love,

Charles

Hey Honey, thanks for your mail, it's good to read from you. I just wanted to do something simple to say I love you and to put that smile I love so much back on your face. I want everyone to know how much you mean to me. Ever since you have entered my life, I've been flying on Cloud 9 and I have not come down yet.

I tell you this everyday, but you are the most beautiful person I know, inside and out and I see that more clearly with each passing day. I love everything about you, about us. You have made me so happy, the happiest I've ever been. You give me the most amazing feelings inside, the feeling of being in love with you.

I still don't know what I did to be so lucky to have you in my life, my dream come true... I am so thankful though. In this short time that we've been together, we have grown so much and I can't wait to see what the future holds for us. I love you honey, with all my heart and soul, always and forever!

Love always,

Charles

My Dearest Linda,

I know there's an ocean between us, and I wish that it weren't true, for every day when I arise, I yearn to be with you. Though a lot of distance lies between us, you'll always be in my mind and my heart, And every night beneath the stars, I pray for the day we'll never be part. I may not get to see you as often as i like and hold you in my arms but deep in my heart you're the one i want and need and i will never let you go.

I think about you all the time. When I go to sleep in the loneliness of my room and give in to wonderful dreams I will definitely be thinking about you and wake up with you on my mind.

I know soon we will be together and spend our lives with each other. I have waited for someone like you, and now that I have found you I will never let you go. I love you so much

With Love,
Charles
Last edited by Bubbles on Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:32 pm, edited 2 times in total. Reason: Added quotes for readability.
Advertisement

#72347 by Bubbles Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:27 pm
Welcome to ScamWarners dingocub, please post the email address you are receiving these messages from.

I hope you have stopped communicating with this scammer. If not, please stop now. Don't tell him you know he is a scammer, just disappear and don't respond anymore.

I hope you have not lost any money to this scam artist.

Bubbles, former Scamwarners moderator.

Rest in Peace 24 June 2015.

Gone, but never forgotten.
#72364 by jolly_roger Sat Oct 29, 2011 1:03 am
Hi dingocub. Just adding to the comment of Bubbles, are you able to post up an e-mail header too?
re: "from the email I received this morning I was totally suspicious as I thought the email seemed very scripted. That is when I googled the words and found this website."

Did you find a very similar written email elsewhere in the forum?
Please do not confront or divulge to the individual of your suspicions because they will only disappear for a short time. They create another character and improve the scam making it more difficult to decipher in future. Any additional info you can post will certainly help others in case they become targets.
Last edited by jolly_roger on Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:00 am, edited 2 times in total.
#72369 by began steele Sat Oct 29, 2011 1:54 am
WELCOME BACK FOR WALLACE WEST.
It truly seems like I've known you forever and I honestly can't imagine life without you now. There will be no looking back, no second thoughts and no regrets. I want you and need only you ...

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=1207
Text is here.
http://www.poemslovers.com/love_letters ... s/314.html
Dear Mikey,
It's the middle of the day and I was thinking about you, as usual. I want you to know how much I sincerely love the countless hours we spend talking. It means so much to me. It truly seems like I've known you forever and I honestly can't imagine life without you now. There will be no looking back, no second thoughts and no regrets. I love you and only you ... and that love will only grow stronger. Sometimes life hits you with unexpected things that take you totally by surprise. All I can say is you're the best surprise life has given me and your capacity for love, caring, and understanding never ceases to amaze me. I've truly been blessed by finding you and I'll never let you go.
Love always,
Kristy
E-m

http://www.stop-scammers.com/letter.asp?id=3383
http://www.romancescam.com/forum/viewto ... &start=120
http://anti-scam.de/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB. ... 8667887/19
WE DON'T NEED MORE OF A LONG LIST!!!

We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. ~~ George Orwell.
#72370 by dingocub Sat Oct 29, 2011 2:00 am
Hi again

Not sure if this is the email header. I was suss the other day and tracked the IP address and it said it was a location in Louisiana. I know that the IP address can be changed but I have no clue how they do this. Also he gave me his cell/mobile number as +15703016150. I have only received text messages from this number. I tried to call it but it just goes to a voicemail. Charles told me that it is the plan he is on whilst he is overseas, which again was another thing to make me suspicious. Due to the apparant time zone differences with us I generally had to stay up late to talk to him, so I am sure he will be expecting me to be online later, what a big surprise he will get!

Linda

x-store-info:SmXCjkY1Un5L3qlTmewTw2528Vzv4BD3Vwaibh6VsG0ujrz9LEcChusXb5VXexXHdu1p3sd4Y5yfleMPiH5rkrbAKbA0aWExq//ahA1yGT4aYU+v3pOt7Q+BiBzKdIe0

Authentication-Results: hotmail.com; sender-id=pass (sender IP is 65.55.111.92) [email protected]; dkim=neutral header.d=hotmail.com; x-hmca=pass
X-Message-Status: n:0:n
X-SID-PRA: Charles Williams <[email protected]>
X-SID-Result: Pass
X-AUTH-Result: PASS
X-Message-Delivery: Vj0xLjE7dXM9MDtsPTE7YT0xO0Q9MDtHRD0wO1NDTD0w
X-Message-Info: AuEzbeVr9u6ITJ84TuOjIsblUaCF1b8LlHcxF1zH8AynZfa/07Uj6cX7Kcl8wsIEHJBC3RNmwoDg4zVmilf05giLZN/V1A6dZ/xZggof71ZryGfktEgQYQaBP8+15lr4RjdO/3p++TQ=
Received: from blu0-omc2-s17.blu0.hotmail.com ([65.55.111.92]) by BAY0-HMMC2-F25.Bay0.hotmail.com with Microsoft SMTPSVC(6.0.3790.4900);

Fri, 28 Oct 2011 14:20:49 -0700

Received: from BLU162-W2 ([65.55.111.72]) by blu0-omc2-s17.blu0.hotmail.com with Microsoft SMTPSVC(6.0.3790.4675);

Fri, 28 Oct 2011 14:20:44 -0700

Message-ID: <[email protected]>
Return-Path: [email protected]
Content-Type: multipart/alternative;
boundary="_f75f2fe5-1982-4fd6-9af2-aa19e021b274_"
X-Originating-IP: [109.87.255.227]
To: xxxx
Subject: RE: hi baby
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2011 21:20:43 +0000
Importance: Normal
In-Reply-To: <[email protected]>
References: <[email protected]>
<[email protected]>,<[email protected]>
MIME-Version: 1.0
X-OriginalArrivalTime: 28 Oct 2011 21:20:44.0324 (UTC) FILETIME=[73EB0E40:01CC95B7]
--_f75f2fe5-1982-4fd6-9af2-aa19e021b274_
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
#72372 by David Jansen Sat Oct 29, 2011 2:21 am
Welcome here dingocub.

Thank you for posting this information. I noticed that you forgot to edit out your name and email address from the headers, so i took them out. Please do post the photos with a watermark saying "used by scammer"
You can find information about how to post photos HERE

Being a victim doesn't mean you stand alone. We're here to help you.
#72381 by began steele Sat Oct 29, 2011 4:13 am
109.87.255.227 The IP is Ukraine. It's a PROXY and used to fake origin of email.

We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. ~~ George Orwell.
#76242 by Frange40 Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:23 pm
Hi there,
Well I do believe that I too have been scammed:
Hi Angela,

Thanks for your mail and the pictures., it's good to hear from you. Hope you had a good weekend and your week is starting fine. I am new to this and to this whole online way of meeting people. I've been alone for the past four years when my late wife passed away. I believe i am ready to move on and find happiness again, I think it's time for me to find someone to share my life with and grow old with. I'm a one woman's man and i am putting serious effort into finding someone. I am looking for a long lasting relationship that will offer best friends first then ultimately a passionate future. I saw an advert for pof and decided to sign up with them last week and hoping to find that special one for me once again. So what's your story, how long have you been into this online way of meeting people and when was your last relationship? I'd love to know more about you. Till i hear from you again.

Regards,
Charles

Hello Angela,

Thanks for your mail, it's good to hear from you and know more about you. Well here is a little about my life, I have been married just once and i was married to Angela's mum for 8 years. She passed away 4 years ago and it has just been me and Angela ever since, I haven't had any woman in my life for the past 4 years but i think it's time for me to move on and find happiness again as i believe that is what she will want for me. I met her during one of her summer vacation visits to Florida. I'm an American, I was born and raised in a town called adkins, Texas in United States. Angela's mum was Australian and I migrated to Australia some years ago because of her and i've been living in Aussie ever since. I'm the only child of my parents, my dad have passed away and my mum is retired and still living in Texas. I try to visit her once or twice in a year. I'll be making a trip to the States next week, i got a road construction contract so i'll be leaving to execute the contract and use the opportunity to spend Xmas with mum before i return back home.

I'm a one woman's man as well and i am putting serious effort into finding someone. I am looking for a long lasting relationship that will offer best friends first then ultimately a passionate future. I'll really like to get to know you alot more better. So tell me more about yourself and family, what qualities do you look out for in your ideal man and what are your hobbies? Hope your week is going on fine.

Regards,
Charles

There are more but I guess you can get the idea. What a shame he seemed too good to be ture anyway
Last edited by Bubbles on Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:39 am, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Added quotes for clarity.
#76264 by Bubbles Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:43 am
Welcome to ScamWarners Frange40. Yes those emails have all of the makings of a scammer. The writer doesn't write like an American or an Aussie, or like one who has been in the other country fro a while.

Just drop all communication with him.

Please post up the email address you received them from.

Bubbles, former Scamwarners moderator.

Rest in Peace 24 June 2015.

Gone, but never forgotten.
#76303 by Frange40 Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:43 am
Thanks Bubbles,
His email address is [email protected] and I too met him on Plenty of Fish. I am not sure what is was after but he did not ask for money. I did however send him an email back with this sites address asking for an explination, I guess that was a silly thing to do eh! :oops: Anyway I hope that he comes to grief one day and Karma pays a visit. Men, or women like this should drop off the face of the earth. So Linda if you read this, he had such a way with words that it was hard not to be attracted to him, at least we have passed on the information to the rest of the world so....You go girlfriend!...Well done :=)
#76326 by Dotti Fri Dec 02, 2011 9:44 am
I am not sure what is was after but he did not ask for money.

No doubt, that is what he was after. While some ask for money very quickly, more experienced romance scammers can be very patient, and will wait to ask for money until they think you are fully "hooked" into the relationship, sometimes weeks to months. They know that if they ask for money too soon, their victim will probably walk away.

Need to post photos? http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
Are you a victim of a romance scam? Read here for advice and FAQ's.
#76540 by Frange40 Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:16 pm
Thanks Dotti,
You are right, I have seen it on TV, and the pain it causes some women is so sad. They loose so much money to these mean spirited people it's heart breaking. I have not heard anything from him since my last email, the one before the one where I sent him the link. I guess he though better of it to continue with me, which I am happy about. I am so happy I came across this site and that I investigated him the way I did, I will do that in the future as well, I guess it pays to listen to your gut feeling eh!
Cheers

Angela :D