Information on romance scams and scammers.
#10225 by Jane Whitehall Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:10 pm
Please meet this liar and scammer known as both Daniel George and John Jofrey. He operates out of Malaysia posing as an American. He falls in love with the lady after two or three mails and then tells the lady that he's selling his house in Malaysia and is moving to their country. The lady is asked to help him shop for the new house. The 'bank' or 'lawyer' gets involved (which is really him from another email address) and 'clearance fees', 'anti-drug fees' are demanded from the lady in order to move his 'money' to her country. Please steer clear of this man. He is a just a common street criminal out to get your hard earned money.

Emails being used:
[email protected]
[email protected]

Phone numbers being used:
+60166402302
+60-166-402-328

Here is the picture for Daniel George he has been sending:

Here is the picture for John Jofrey he has been sending:

Typical first mail:
Hello xxxxx,

How are you? hope you are fine.

Am very much happy and excited about your massage it make to fall seriously in love, i will like to tell my family in USA about you because they serious want me to get married, and my feeling are telling me you most be a nice lady.

My only afraid is, I don’t want to be hurt again because i nearly die on 17th February 2006 when my Ex- Fiancee did bad thing to me in USA that is why I decided to marry out from my Country and I feel that is the best way to free from loneliness.

My wish, is you Welcome me in your heart and your Love heart for me, i will keep mine too, i need trust, forever Love, Honest and caring. i can be there for you anything any day.

I’m not looking for beautiful face rather I’m looking for beautiful heart. Someone to trust forever no matter what happen.

My wish, I will never hurt you am promising from deep down of my heart, and i will never give the love i have for you to someone else and share my dream with you in future and i have never been loved like this before.., i feel If I can’t be with you, then I don’t want to be with anyone else.

After managed to get to know you better, my next step is to show my care and concern for you. A guy who falls in love with you who become a more thoughtful and caring person will not be the same like me. From time to time, and i will be able to know if you are alright or not. Because I want to Love again.

In any bad situation I will try to provide you with a good solution. And I know this is actually what a girl needs in life also helpful and supportive.

Please tell more about you what is your self and your Nationality and real job

My nationality is USA, i,m real single looking for the one for my life forever.

I pray every Morning morning let’s God make our love be very stronger and last forever.

Take Care
John Jofrey
Mobile: +60166402302
Advertisement

#10244 by Ralph Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:26 am
Hi Jane

Welcome to the support team, your help and experience here will be a great asset to us.

Onto some observations on this scammer.

Notice he is from the US but has a terrible grasp of English

Just in the last 2 lines you will see a few things that mark this as odd

My nationality is USA, I am not from the US myself, but I have never heard an American refer to themselves as that i,m real incorrect use of "I'm" and the use of "real" they love trying to use such words, real, trust and honest are very common things they will reasure you about single looking for the one for my life forever. this just doesn't read right

I pray every Morning Most scammers will use religion to try to make you think they are honest decent people morning An extra morning in there, I guess it could be a typo let’s God incorrect use of let's and another reference to God make our love be very stronger again, poor grammer and last forever another promise that will only be fulfilled until you stop sending money

Another area of concern is that the phone number comes up in searches Click Here

I only tried one of those email addresses, but the email addres for Paul comes up Here
#10258 by Jane Whitehall Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:05 pm
Oh yes, our scammer pal is known to have other activities outside of his pathetic love attempts. This has been also been pointed out to the ladies I have been in contact with.

For those reading this thread, this scammer also dabbles in job scams. By impersonating well-known international firms, he will offer non-existent jobs to people. Then, as a condition of employment, the victims are asked to pay fee after fee after fee. Once it's time for the victim to report to the job, the job disappears and so does the scammer with all of the victim's money.