Information on romance scams and scammers.
#83573 by Juniper Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:33 am
Haven't heard from "Magdaleno Richard Dewl" in over a week. For a man to say he is in love with me and is coming to visit me this weekend (01/27/12), I would think I would heard from him. Don't you? I saw that he has another updated picture last week when I saw him online early (3am cst) Friday 01/20/12. So I imagine he has moved on to other victims. Also he has a facebook page under "Michael Fingers" and if you put in a search for "Magdaleno Richard Dewl" it is flagged with a direction to this website http://www.ScamWarners.com.

Is there anything I can send to ScamWarners in an effort to stop this man in his tracks? I copied and pasted full letters dropping only my name, e-mail address from them, I have about 20 e-mails from him. Also can we add the new name he is using to the headed under Romance Scams?

I have moved on from this chapter in my life, licked my wounds, sewed my heart back onto my sleeve and I won't lose this lesson in my life. :D
Last edited by Juniper on Mon Jan 30, 2012 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Advertisement

#83818 by Juniper Mon Jan 30, 2012 7:49 pm
Just as I suspected his "MO" is continuing with his Mum dying; two more letters. This is playing out like a really bad "Lifetime movie": :shock:
Re: Snowing.....glitter from heaven
1 recipientsCC: recipientsYou MoreBCC: recipientsYou
Hide Details FROM:Richard Dewl TO:xxxxxxxxxxxx Message flagged Sunday, January 29, 2012 7:42 AM
She is dead! She died this morning. I just got the call about an hour ago from my Aunt and my daughter. Wow! Carmen Mendoza Dewl died without talking to her only son. It was just too bad of me not to be with her these last days of her life. I am just too guilty that I met her in the condition she was when I got to the hospital in Italy and could not stay with her all through. Just because of this stupid work. Just because of fund manager's work! .What sort of rubbish work is this? Wow! so mum is dead!! Can’t believe this!

#2)
Re: Rubbish is right....
1 recipientsCC: recipientsYou MoreBCC: recipientsYou
Hide Details FROM:Richard Dewl TO:xxxxxxxxxxxxx Message flagged Monday, January 30, 2012 4:38 PM
I got to Italy this morning. I left London with the 8.45am flight and was in the hospital by 10.30am. I have seen her body at the mortuary; yes she is truly dead. I was hoping that it will turn out to be a joke or a lie but I was the person lying to myself. The big problem now is that her only sister who has been with her all these while is now in coma. Her sister died in her arms and she could not bear it. She could not bear losing her only sister. It is just too complicated for me at this moment. I just realized the disadvantage of being the only child. I can’t even think straight now. I have my aunt in the hospital with the corpse in the mortuary. The world just hit me so strong when everything was about moving well for me. My love life became rejuvenated and all of a sudden all seem to be crumbling at the same time.

I have lost my best friend. The person I always call when I need to be consoled or when I am confused .I just realized that I am now alone in the world. I came into the world with a father, a sister, a wife, a mother. Then it started with my wife, then my father and son that died together in a car accident, then this again.wow! Was I destined to be an orphan? Darling tell me, was I? An Orphan with no brother, no sister, no uncle and an unconscious Aunt!

The doctor told me that before she died she asked them “was Magdaleno coming? Her sister kept telling her yes that I was on my way. She said that they should tell me to be fast and that I should run that she wanted to fold her hands so need to touch me before folding her hands. The sister then asked her why she wants to fold her hands and she told the sister that she will know the moment she touches Magdaleno.

Then she said something that will hurt me all my life. She said “if Magdaleno had taken my advice last week, he will be here now; I know he will like to be here but the British that he works for will not allow him. I told Magdaeno to leave the British and rest and be happy they are suffering my son with work. He can’t rest and now he can’t be here. Tell my son that next time I meet him; I will not let him work for the British or anybody. I will work and feed him and he will rest because the last time he worked so much” before the sister could say “which last time? Carmen Mendoza Dewl has joined her husband and her Daughter with smiles on her face. May her Gentle soul rest in peace, Amen!

Even the doctor could not hold back tears while telling me this. He even told me that she even asked him to promise her that she will tell her son all this when he comes .Now darling let me ask you; was that not enough to feel guilty all my life?

Anyway, I just settled my mother's pending hospital bill which I promised the doctor that I will send to him when I get to United states as I was hoping to get money from my bank the moment i get to United states this weekend .Since I could not get to US again, I had to scratch everywhere and even borrow from colleagues to raise the money I have here with me. This is just the wrong time for this to happen as i have used all the money I have here to pay for the shares few days ago. Anyway, thank God I got the help I needed.

I am hoping to fix her funeral for Saturday next week for her to be buried here in Palermo. I will start every arrangement to secure all the clearance that they will need before she could be buried at the burial ground. The Italian law!

Honey it is not really easy for me now. I wish I have a brother or even a sister that can be of assistance here, at least in making this arrangement .It is just only me. I will have to handle all these by myself. I will have to plan all these myself, make all these arrangement, secure all these clearance and even run the errands. The worst is that I don’t even know where to start. Anyway, the doctor has agreed to take me around and we did the ones we can do today so by tomorrow and next I can conclude the rest to be ready for her funeral by Saturday. I need to do the funeral and get this out of me or I will just die in no distant time.

Darling, you may not understand but the person I lost loved me more than she ever loved the husband. She was ready to wok from her sickbed so that I will rest. She pampered me as the only child. She was my best friend. She will call me every morning to ask if I have eaten. This was a woman that was ready to pluck out her eyes if I complain of mine so that I can use hers. She loved me and I loved her too. It was due to my closeness to her that I could not get into any relationship for ten years after I lost my wife. She was the best. I must surely miss her! Wow! MAMMA RICHARD! That’s what I call her.

Darling I must thank you once again for all your consoling words and care. May the almighty bless you abundantly and protect you for your care and morale support. May the word of Psalm 91 verse 2-16 be your portion in Jesus name .Amen!

I will have to rest now. I just thought I should update you how everything is going with me at the moment. Thank you once again for your moral support which is all I need at this present time. You are just like the only person that I have on earth at this moment. The only person I can run to for consolation. I want you to know that even in my sorrow, I love you!

Bye for now
Richard.
#84600 by cindylouisef Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:44 pm
I received correspondence from a James Mounts, who I have since discovered is the above michael fingers amoung other names and was contacted through match.com. He gave me a yahoo.com email, I emailed him once, he answered with all the same nonsense as everyone else. I had no idea he was not legit until I Googled the Maxindex investment international name. He also sent me 4 photos and said he was in Washington State.
A very scary individual and thank God he was so off the wall, I never answered him after the first email (from my gmail account) (I had no name attached to the account luckily!)
Beware, as he presents as very good looking and should not be answered!
#85603 by Juniper Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:19 pm
Just got this e-mail in my Spam file. I know it's not real but others may not. Below e-mail is the header too. Hope this helps in notifying the proper people. None of the men who I came in contact with EVER got any money out of me. "Juniper"

It's our pleasure to inform you that United Nation in West African had a meeting with the Authority of International Court of Justice concerning scam activate in African countries in such as Nigeria, Benin Republic, Ghana and Burkina Faso the report of scam against innocent people worldwide such as U.S.A citizens, Asia and European.

Whom the country of Nigeria/Benin Rep, Burkina Faso Ghana and other African Countries mostly West Africans, have decided to compensated you due to meeting held with Four countries Government and the world high commissions against fraud activities by the Country above.

Your name was among those that scammed as listed by the West Africa Financial Intelligent Unit (WAFIU).Compensation has been issued out in Certified ATM Visa card or cash delivery to your home address value of $2.5MILLION USD to all the affected victims and has been already in distribution to all the bearers.

Your name was among those that were reported undelivered as of this moment and we wish to advise you to comply with the instructions of the Committee Chamber to make sure you receive your fund by any mode of transfer or cash delivery without any further delay.

We advise you to do the needful thing to make sure the WAFIU transfer or delivery of your fund via our reliable Courier Company appointed on before Saturday. You are assured of the safety of this transaction and availability and be advised that you should stop further contacts with all the fake people and fake security companies, scammers and Bank impostors.

Therefore you are advice to contact the lawyer in charges of this Africard ATM and his name is Barrister William Jackson and make sure you contact him immediately for more details before this week end.

ATTORNEY CHAMBER'S NUMBER.2103VC.
E-mail ([email protected])
Name: Barrister lawrence Jackson
Contact Number: +229 9965 9337

Contact him with your full delivery information regarding the delivery of your fund the Post/Mail service and also any beneficiary will be responsible for Post/Mail fees so as to avoid any scam and the fees is $147.00usd and you will receive your funds by cash delivery or ATM Visa card without any further delay.
Here is the payment information through Western Union Money Transfer stated below:

Receivers Name: Chukwukeli Nnamah
Country/City: Benin Republic/Cotonou
Test Question: good
Answer: Trust.
Amount: $89.00USD
MTCN:

WAFIU further told us that the use of Nigeria Couriers and the Benin was abolished due to interception activities noticed in the above mentioned courier services in Benin, Nigeria and Ghana and thereby have made a concrete arrangement with the reliable courier company Benin Republic for a safe delivery to your door-step once the beneficiary meets up the demand of the conveyance.

Yours in Service,
Barrister:Larry Coldsweat,
Contact Number: +229 9965 9337 .

From LARRY COLDSWEAT Sun Feb 12 10:01:51 2012
X-Apparently-To: Removed personal information. ~Bubbles via 68.142.201.109; Sun, 12 Feb 2012 10:01:53 -0800
Return-Path: <[email protected]>
X-YahooFilteredBulk: 188.120.239.199
Received-SPF: neutral (188.120.239.199 is neither permitted nor denied by domain of gmail.com)
X-YMailISG: bWn0rFQWLDv7NV9N.8omYqXPCugtlGaswEgyN8Z13pKXiF1h
a4vprM_KgtvEfReNyuXyCyNi5eVQaaRE4Hb79KMr5Jl3lo5ZnEEw26EWNdp.
b1O7WCzf6nfDr9ukqcEBbSe9dMDv.OTVLX8cFDZ_JPjxBvoG9dxaCzcACyDW
OsngCWMm0_BKZl9sOmrau_UqzKIV_cCLaYs3YIjJoHGHGCL7Xf2Ig4YNcznP
pmszpfK6OmCqo4azoq9zic0K9OwhZn2_9KnUlrA5zVgxEJ3RfHWSzV3FEToQ
_wzd9r0pG7FGWOytytM2pZckta5.ZtNFUAzGl_TIzNlHHgec3e70jnGx7D6i
0s64ZIk4I79Msgx1F4NvfM667u1xEw--
X-Originating-IP: [188.120.239.199]
Authentication-Results: mta1064.sbc.mail.sp1.yahoo.com from=gmail.com; domainkeys=neutral (no sig); from=gmail.com; dkim=neutral (no sig)
Received: from 207.115.36.37 (EHLO nlpi165.prodigy.net) (207.115.36.37)
by mta1064.sbc.mail.sp1.yahoo.com with SMTP; Sun, 12 Feb 2012 10:01:53 -0800
X-Header-Overseas: Mail.from.Overseas.source.188.120.239.199
X-Originating-IP: [188.120.239.199]
Received: from parserver.ru (parserver.ru [188.120.239.199])
by nlpi165.prodigy.net (8.14.4 IN/8.14.4) with ESMTP id q1CI1pjY014121
for <[email protected]>; Sun, 12 Feb 2012 12:01:52 -0600
Received: from User (75-149-131-21-Connecticut.hfc.comcastbusiness.net [75.149.131.21])
(authenticated bits=0)
by parserver.ru (8.14.5/8.14.5) with ESMTP id q1CI1aBS091469;
Sun, 12 Feb 2012 18:01:37 GMT
(envelope-from [email protected])
Message-Id: <[email protected]>
Reply-To: <[email protected]>
Subject: COMPENSATION FOR SCAM VICTIMS
Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2012 13:01:51 -0500
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain;
charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Mailer: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2800.1081
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2800.1081
To: undisclosed-recipients:;
Content-Length: 2882

I removed some personal information. I do LOVE your scammer's chosen name! ~Bubbles
#85614 by Flibble Sun Feb 12, 2012 4:48 pm
Hello Juniper!

Thank you for posting this criminal's information. I hope you aren't still contacting the scammer that has details about you. I highly recommend heading over to 419eater.com if you wish to waste these people's time and money plus expose their scripts and email addresses.

#89014 by jano Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:29 pm
Michael Fingers has resurfaced again under the name Joseph Vicar was Cocopiol N Y on match.com. I have exchanged emails with him since January 30th, 2012, I never did believe him, emails about love loo long.
I have received all the letters posted by others here. He now say that is full name is Magdaleno Michael Joseph Vicar from Hotsville NY, his mother died again in February....works for Apex Max Investments.
I will be watching to see if he comes back on the site as I have 4 pictures of him. I always did wonder if he was not in jail to have so much time to waste!
#89059 by Gus Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:21 am
Hi jano,
Thanks for the update. If he is using different email address to that posted above, would you mind posting the new email address here? If you see him pop back up again, by all means please post the new info here.
#89676 by jano Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:28 pm
Hi Gus,
The email that he was using further to my note of March 6 and yours of March 7th was [email protected].....

He has not contacted me since i told me that i knew he was a scam!
Jano
#120021 by Nameste Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:52 pm
Oh my goodness.....I am a friend of a friend who has been contacted by this guy. She sent me his emails to get my opinion; I googled and found this site. Exactly the same script in her emails as you all are reporting....he's using the name John Paul with her and states he is from some place in Rhode Island. Everything else is the same. She came across him on Match. His screen name was JPaul1001 but of course it's now gone because they've been emailing via personal accounts. Thank goodness for this site. Thank you all.
#363054 by LeahSoba Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:48 pm
I recognize parts of what's in these emails as I have been communicating with someone who used the same words in an email to me. The name this person is using is Jeffery Rico and he claims he is working as a doctor for the organization Doctors Without Borders and is supposedly in Syria right now. I would like to know if anyone has had any dealings with someone using this name. I just don't know what to think anymore. This person has really played on my heart strings. I don't know how in the world he even found me. He's actually waiting for me to send him money as I write this. Why can't we catch these creeps. I would love to catch this guy at his own game. I hope someone out there recognizes this name and replies.
#363055 by AlanJones Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:05 pm
There's no doubt that "Jeffery Rico" is a scammer - legitimate people do not beg strangers on the Internet for money.

Please help the other victims that he is currently in contact with by posting his email address and other contact details and also the content of the email where he asks you for money.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.