Information on romance scams and scammers.
#75357 by spiritking75 Fri Nov 25, 2011 1:34 pm
I met this girl on Netlog.com operating under the name of Lara Sarah Wilson using "[email protected]" Over 2 weeks of conversations through yahoo messenger, she told me she was so happy to have met me but was leaving Brisbane, Australia to do business in aquiring raw gold in Istanbul, Turkey which I thought seemed feesible and would be back to meet up with me. Once she was there and finished aquiring the gold through an agent called "Thomas Bruce" ( [email protected] ) who I ran a check in Google and found he was a scammer and also her email address stating she was also which soon disappeared after I mentioned the news to her, they both she said people have been using their email addresses to scam people and it happens all the time.

Stupid me, believed them. So getting back to Istanbul, she requested I help her out by sending her on 09-11-11 for $450 USD to her name which she needed ID to collect because the customs document fees had changed and she didn't have all the money to pay for it so I said I would send it as she promised me she would return it to me once she got back. All was promised that she would be home soon until she said she had a "little problem" of not having the funds to pay for the shipment to be processed to the Seaport which cost an extra $1000, I told her I didn't have that kind of cash so she said she had $400 and if I could make up the difference.

I did my best to help out considering I had my own expenses here in Australia to deal with, sacrificed paying my rent in the hope she would return it to me when she got back, so on 15-11-11, I sent her $450 USD but was instructed to send to her hotel manager (Gbenga Isola Afolami) of Metro Road, Istanbul, Turkey who was also her travel agent in which he also needed ID to collect. All seemed fine and I was happy to help, until she said she had a problem of not having $1000 for Business Travelling Allowance. I said there was no way I could help with the fare, she pleaded with me that if I don't send the money, she'd be stuck in Turkey and I won't be able to get my loan back so I hocked my music equipment enought to raise $550USD which I sent on 21-11-11USD and added that to what she would owe me. Everything seemed fine, she told me she was deeply in love with me and I was to be her husband when she returned ..... until she told me, the next flight out was in 3 days time which meant she was stuck at the hotel with no money and nothing to eat, so naturally I said you must eat and organised from my wages to send a further $450USD on 24-11-11, $300 for 3 days meals and accomodation, $50 for her cab fare to the airport to leave Turkey and an extra $100 just in case she needed it.

All of the transactions were sent through Western Union, I have not seen or heard from her since, she doesn't answer on Yahoo messenger and is never online anymore, I'm so annoyed with myself. My 2 daughters must now miss out on Xmas gifts this year, I'm about to be evicted from my house, we have no food in our fridge and freezer, I've been laid off from work , I have to pay interest on getting my music equipment out of hock and to top it off, I suffer from depression which has really taken it's toll on my health, my good-will to help those in need and my heart is truly broken, I've also lost my faith in believing God as that is what we are taught to do at church, what a blubbering fool am I.

I have included pictures that this Lara uses in the hope that others will see this persons photos that she operates by to avoid.
Please ckick on the link below to view:

http://www.scamwarners.com/main/viewalb ... jpg&album=

Please copy ans paste to your address to tab to view should this link bot work for you.
Last edited by spiritking75 on Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:38 am, edited 3 times in total.
Advertisement

#75359 by Helen Halper Fri Nov 25, 2011 1:50 pm
Welcome to Scamwarners, spiritking75!

I'm so sorry to hear that you were scammed by Lara Sarah Wilson.
Thank-you for posting your story. There are many details here that could help save other potential victims.
I wish you all the best in getting your life and finances back in order.

#75388 by Bubbles Sat Nov 26, 2011 2:48 am
I am sorry you got scammed by this criminal spiritking75. You are not dumb. People get fooled by scammers every day. They are good at what they do and they keep doing it over and over.

Please take some time to read about our site and learn about scams. Any time someone you don't know face to face asks you or tells you to send money by Western Union, it is a scam.

I am glad you found us.

Bubbles, former Scamwarners moderator.

Rest in Peace 24 June 2015.

Gone, but never forgotten.
#75422 by jolly_roger Sat Nov 26, 2011 8:00 am
Greetings spiritking75. Do not be too harsh on yourself. You should not think of being a blubbering fool because scammers are good at acting. You were not to know the individual is just a fraudulent liar.
By making the scam visible to others when they conduct a search, is a great way to slow that scammer down.
You have done an excellent job in saving someone in the future because you took the time "get the word out".
#75985 by spiritking75 Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:51 am
jolly_roger wrote:Greetings spiritking75. Do not be too harsh on yourself. You should not think of being a blubbering fool because scammers are good at acting. You were not to know the individual is just a fraudulent liar.
By making the scam visible to others when they conduct a search, is a great way to slow that scammer down.
You have done an excellent job in saving someone in the future because you took the time "get the word out".