Information on romance scams and scammers.
#75583 by anjilwings Sun Nov 27, 2011 6:21 pm
I usually ignore scammers on Tagged, but today I logged into Myspace, which I haven't been on in over 3 months. I was only on there for 5 mins then logged out. Within in minutes I got an email telling me this person had contacted me on Myspace. I gave him an email address, but wasn't in the mood to IM, this is what I got.

Hello angel,
Thanks so much for your mail. To start off my name is Shawn gray I am a marine and also I'm an estate management studied the course building engineering with a Masters Degree and I'm a widower been widowed for 5yrs now. I have just only one lovely son named (James) after the sudden and devastating death of my wife,Who was a wonderful,sweet and caring wife and ..mother.am.. currently seeking for someone who i can lay my heart upon for a strong lady like you as i deeply love what i see hope you are not discouraged.Tell me more about yourself, anything at all will do. I like the fact that you are straight forward.
I consider myself to be very simple. I believe that W Omen needs to be treated with respect and as a equal partner in a relationship, but all I seem to find is the ones that does not know how to respond to that or is intrusting to it. I feel like u should treat somebody with respect and like they are a person not a price of meat or whatever. I am the type of person who wants somebody to feel wanted not just as a trophy. I am a very affectionate person and I love to cuddle, I like to show somebody how I feel not just telling them. I love to be close to somebody whether it is in the bed on the couch or wherever.. I guess my dreams would be is to be happy and have a family my goals in life
I like to play sports just as much as I do watching them. Most of all i like to spend time with who I am with, and cuddle up and watch a movie. It is my opinion that we all want the same thing in regards to a partner, and that most of us either do not know how or is scared to and sabotage themselves from getting it. OK, I like the outdoors, but I don't care about hunting or fishing, well I will fish with an UN-baited hook if it means I will get to spend some time with someone I care about. There are a lot of things I like doing as in Reading my Bible , cooking, vising the Motherless Baby Home, etc. My ultimate goal and what I think would make me happy is to get back on my feet and have a Woman by my side that I love and loves me, and my Son that I can raise and have fun with.
I am very relationship oriented and I believe life is too short to waste. When I am in a relationship I am committed, honest, and loyal. I think that falling in love is always a good thing, even if it doesn't work out. There is always something to learn from being with someone, and happy times and memories should be cherished.Friendship comes first for me. That is not to say I never get hurt because I do.
but I never in the past nor do I intend to intentionally hurt someone by cheating, mistreating, or abusing them. OK, for my questions to you. What are some of your goals, hopes and dreams? How long have you been single? Do you have any brothers or sisters? Do you have any kids? If yes, How many? If there is something you want to say but you think you might be rambling or it is not important, it is OK, to me it is important. Well...I see I wrote a novel here, I am looking forward to getting to know you better. I guess I will go for now hope to hear from you soon.

Shawn

I gave him my first name only and asked some questions, here is his reply.

Thanks for the mail ********, I am glad to hear from you, I'm still active and I'm in the uk, my son is 17 and I'm from pa and I picked your profile cos it caught my attention and you are soo beautiful
Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless device

shawn gray<[email protected]>

Please how many emails do I get, I have only 1 child, wife died 5 yrs ago, stationed in the UK, really, and I am from PA. The first email bounced of the yahoo tower in California. He must of purchased a blackberry with a UK address, that is where the second IP came from. If the crackhead read my profile which he didn't cause it is private, then he would see that I am in a relationship.
Advertisement

#77031 by ironlady_51 Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:27 am
I was in contact with the same person and received the following email yesterday (I have been ignoring him since I was warned by Scamwarners):

Hello my love
How are you doing and how is everything going with you, hope you are fine and cool and hope you had a lovely and good night, been thinking about you angel and In my thoughts of you there is an underlying love that is present in every word, every glimpse I hope you feel it as I do, for it is what I am and ever I will be and each time I lie on my bed and stare at the ceiling. My thoughts - all about you, gives me a lovely feeling, and it makes me want you more and more my beautiful angel
So, here I am, all by myself, thinking of you - no one else. There's a feeling inside and as hard as I try, it just won't go away and my angel i also want you to know that Thinking of you makes my life complete. You're my golden clouds; you're my smile. You are all the soulful love songs within my spirit, like an angel calling me... perfect for my soul
I love you baby

I also have a number of chats between him and I.