Information on romance scams and scammers.
#76164 by smarter today Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:42 am
Dear scamwarners,
I feel that I have been approached by a romance scamer, he messaged me on facebook, got my attention.
I ended up giving him my email address and we began conversing. His name is Michael Smith. He sounds so simular to several romance scamers that I have read about here on scamwarners. He has the same approach as Michael Fingers.... falling in love very quickly, and wanting to spend the rest of his life with you. The Spelling ,and pet names are the same, such as love, sweetheart, baby, Angel, ect. He never got to ask me for money but Im sure after all the scams that Ive read that was next on his agenda! He also sounds just like
Cristiano Smith Salvatore.... Michael sent me the identicle email as Cristiano of all the things he would like to do with me in this lifetime. Therefore in my judgement I believe that Michael Fingers, Cristiano Smith Salvatore and Michael Smith are all the same scamer! His email address is [email protected]. Also,
this is his (Africia) phone +27(78)2302527. I have taken the advise of scamwarners and cut off all contact with this person so further damage is not possible. Thank God for a family that cares and a God that leads my way!
The following are a few examples.

On Tue, Nov 15, 2011 at 12:54 PM, michael smith <[email protected]> wrote:

My Dear Angel
- Hide quoted text -

I know you are doing great and fine by the grace of God.

Any way i just want to use this opportunity to tell you a little about my self again....Life is good at this point.. I feel I'm very blessed person,i live in Portsmouth Ohio, family values are very important to me. I been very blessed with loving parents.and i lost them long time ago. I hope some day I'll be able to give the love to someone as they gave to each other and to me. I'm in good health.. I enjoy traveling and learning different cultures. my height is 6:5,

I think confidence is the greatest asset a person can have, both in themselves and in the environment around them. I like a woman who has achieved self actualization, that is not dwelling on what happened way back when but what could happen today or tomorrow. Those that dwell in the past are not around me very long, I spot them from miles and run fast. I enjoy dancing, great conversation, intelligence, not necessarily from the academic side, but common sense and the ability to think through things. I like a woman that can carry a conversation and is not afraid to learn or to teach for that matter. I want it all and will not settle for less, but at the same time, want that person that can stop and smell the roses and appreciate the time she has on this earth, knowing it is not forever

I am imaginative, intelligent, and kind-heart ed. By day way, I am self employed thus am a business man, i run my own company, I build Network poles and towers for people in local areas for them to get a better network coverage in their area also. I enjoy listening to music, playing music, reading, exploring the city, and watching movies.My musical tastes have broadened over the years, although I still have difficulty appreciating opera. Perhaps because my father used to blast it from the car radio when I was a kid. The radio was always "too loud" if my station was playing Eric Clapton, but it was okay to listen to "Der Fliegende Hollander" at 110 decibels.

I enjoy conversation over coffee or tea; and I like dining out. I also enjoy cooking, but my culinary skills max out at two pans and five ingredients. In addition to NYC, I like Paris, San Francisco, and London. Communication and loyalty are very important to me in a relationship. I value kids' fresh outlook on the world and the unconditional affection of pets.
I had a great romance in the past so I know it is within me to express love and passion. Will you share the adventure of life as we help one another become happier, better people along the way? If you are sincere, smart, and special.

I would like to meet someone who's as warm on the inside as they are on the outside. Someone to laugh and cry with..And share what's in your heart..To be my friend, then become my best friend and possible become my life. Someone to watch sunsets with..walk along beaches with..Who will be there for good, bad,happy,sad,laugh,cry and even share an smile with.. My life is bright now..But with you maybe it'll be brighter.

Any way i think i like you and that took me the time to tell you so much about me, well i guess its your turn to tell me about you and pls add your cell number so i can call you. Take care and have a wonderful day..

Always

Hello my dear Angel,

I am very glad to hear your sweet voice again. Our exchange of opinions is interesting to me and I think, that now I can make some opinion on what your character.While am here now...many things race in my head about you and i realize i have many things to do with you in this life time....Sweetheart,do know that i love to be your new husband? get caught with you in the rain Dance with you in the rain Stargaze on a Lear night Watch the sunset together Spend all day with you doing nothing Moonlit walks on the beach Be more proud of you than I already, am at this very moment Go on a carriage ride through the park do a crossword together Go to brunch, Have a disagreement (it could/will only make us stronger) go for a twilight horseback ride, Watch a bad movie together Spend the rest of my life with you Have our picture taken together Eat ice cream with you Make love to you passionately Go to a museum together.

Talk to each other using only body language Give you space when you need it, Accept you totally and completely - flaws and all (I already do) Discuss current events in a heated debate. Have you see the error of your ways from aforementioned heated debate and make mad, torrid love to you, in the midst of all that passion Carve our names into a tree table Go for a walk at dusk together Be one with you Send you a singing telegram Spend all night thinking of 101 sweet things to do for you Hold you and gaze into your eyes and realize how much I love you...and tell you Gently run my hand across your cheek and look into your eyes Blindfold you and take you somewhere romantic Spend my life making you happy Spend my life making our family happy Feel your heartbeat Go roller/ice skating together Give you a back rub just because ALWAYS being honest with each other Go hiking/camping together Have our first fight, make up and feel a stronger bond because we very successfully weathered the storm - together Marry you Laugh at someone together Share a plate of spaghetti Give you a stuffed animal just because Go on a fun family vacation and bring back the kind of memories movies are made of Treat you like my Lancelot Go on a road trip across America Count thunder together during a thunderstorm Envelop you in my soul Cook your favorite meal/meals Know you better than you know yourself Go to a Renaissance Fair Plant a tree in our yard together Look over at you during an office/military/family party and have you know without me saying a word - that I love you. Be able to say "I love you" in 89 different ways - in 89 different countries Hold you when you're at your saddest and comfort you when you need it the most Be the one you come to for that comfort and holding Wipe away the days' stresses and issues, with just one hug/kiss Grow old with you.

I want You Forever if you don't mind
Advertisement

#76167 by Justin Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:44 am
Hello smarter today!

You are 100% correct he is a scammer! He may or may not be the same scammer as the others you listed. Scammers are not very creative on their own so they often use each others emails we call them "formats". I'm glad to hear the site helped and thank you very much for posting the scammers details here. It will help others avoid this scammer that search just as you did.

Justin

#76472 by smarter today Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:38 am
Justin,
Thank you for your reply. As I recall a little more information on Michael Smith. He did say that his Birthday was November 25th, same as Michael Fingers. And found the profile picture on forumhawaii.com.
What a joker!
I have deleted all emails and phone number. I dont want any traces of his intrusion in my life. Im just glad he
never got anything out of me but 1month of time and emotion.
This man knew how to pull on the heartstrings of a lonley girls heart. But Thank God
"Im smarter today than yesterday!"

Smarter Today!