Information on romance scams and scammers.
#77468 by AnnaLovinda Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:54 pm
I just got scammed by this person, and lost a lot of $$. His mailadress is: [email protected]. I was contacted via a dating site, and this is what he writes about himself:

Thanks for taking your time to write back,I really appreciate all that you have told me about yourself which i find very interesting,so here is a lil bit about myself as well and I hope you find it interesting too.
My name is Christopher Smith and I am 45yrs old born 22 August 1966 meaning I'm a Leo and believe I dont really have problem with age as I believe its just a number,I believe in maturity,understanding,healthy communication and above all the power of love.I'm a Lieutenant Colonel in the United States Army currently serving in Libya after the Death of its President. I am from San Francisco California. I love all good things in life which includes singing, dancing, helping the needy, swimming, going to the beach, writing poetry and hanging out with friends. My favorite color is blue and I am not a vegetarian. I hate all the bad things in life most especially lies and gossips. What about you?

What more can I say about myself. I hardly spend time in one place because of the kind of work I do and I have tried to get my past behind me which is why I came to this site to see if I can get a friend Who knows, maybe I can get more than a friend. I want to get married again,believe me and I am seeing many cool people out here who has good and diverse backgrounds that actually thrills me. I am an out going person and I do love to live life to its fullest. I love pets as well. I have a dog called bobby.

With my leisure time, I like to play with my daughter,Dolly she's 9 years old, go to the movies and operas and sight seeing and listening to good music.
What I want in life, I want to dedicate my time loving someone, raising my family and getting old with my better half lol..spending time with friends, go to the club, concerts, dinner and breakfast, skiing, Meet with old friends, spend time on a deserted island and sometimes chat about life expectations.

About my love life, I like to find myself a woman I know will not elope from me when my love for her is at the peak. Someone I can go to the beach with on a Caribbean island or Ibiza hehee heh Crazy and naughty things being done.

I hope to read more about you or probably get to chat with you someday so as to know more about you cos truth is I really wanna be that special man in your life if given that chance.

Thanks

Chris
Advertisement

#77469 by AlanJones Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:07 pm
Hi AnnaLovinda and welcome to ScamWarners,

I am sorry to hear that you were scammed by this criminal, but thanks for posting the details as it will help others to avoid being scammed.

If you have any more emails or photos, please post them as the more information we get about a scammer, the more chance there is of others avoiding being scammed.

It looks like he is know for being a scammer, as can be seen from this link http://militarygear.com/asp/2011/05/18/ ... wising-up/

Thanks

Alan

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.