Information on romance scams and scammers.
Advertisement

#1551 by ChrisSmith Sat Aug 11, 2007 7:28 am
Hi maryasl000

I can't find anything on that email address.
Can you provide us with any more information? For example if it was a dating site, which site? Is his user name the same as above?
Any more details you can give us would be a great help.

#1552 by GomerPyle Sat Aug 11, 2007 7:30 am
Is there a particular site he uses ?

That would be most helpful, then one of our experts in that field can go over and watch him at work and check him out.

I can understand if you do not want to provide details of e-mails that have passed between you, but we will be able to get our own samples of how he operates.

How did you make payment to him ? - Western Union ?

#1553 by ChrisSmith Sat Aug 11, 2007 7:37 am
maryasl000

I should have added:

If you don't want to post this information on the open forum, you can leave a Private Message with anyone who has Site Admin, Moderator, General Counsel, Scam Advisor or Scam Warner under their name.

To send a private message you can click on the little PM button at the bottom of their posts.

#3273 by Ralph Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:23 am
Hi Mary

Again the email address alone is little for us to go on, sometimes it is enough for us to find out all kinds of information on the scammer however in his case it is not.

Scammers will change their names often and email addreses even more often, however their scripted emails will usually remain the same. If you could provide me with the very first email you recieved from him I may be able to find other examples of the same email bing sent to others.

The easiest and most common search we do is a search on the scammers email address, this will in about 60% of cases reveal others who have identified and posted details of the scam, by you posting here you have provided that for future victims, within a few days, anybody searching those addresses will be pointed to this thread.

Any more information you provide will be helpfull, as mentioned, if you feel more comfortable sending the details in Private message please feel free to do so, we want to help you to stop him, the more you can give us the easier that will be.

Also any leads on how we may contact the other person you mentioned will be a great help and much appreciated.