Information on romance scams and scammers.
#78043 by AlanJones Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:35 am
This scammers details were passed to me by a victim, so I don't have the initial emails that he sends.

He claims to be a US soldier based in Afghanistan.

Skype ID: maj.gen_johnfcampbbell

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
Advertisement

#78054 by AlanJones Mon Dec 19, 2011 7:47 am
Here is an example of the emails from the scammer

I have attached my passport identity in this email.
The name of the agent is Famous Jeopard. Have done the Registration yesterday and the agent will fly from afghanistan direct.
As soon as the agent arrive your country he will give you a call to notify you.
Be sure to keep everything as top secret due to my huge reputation in the American military force. I don't want anything that will tarnish my dignity.
Here in Afghanistan we can't sent money out due to security reasons and measures that is why i am using the courier service to move the money out for safety reasons and for my future investments in your country. The parcel contain 9 million US dollars.

I know you have my ID

Here is a copy of the ID that he sends

"Famous Jeopard" likes to contact victims by phone, one of the numbers he uses to call from is +233540828593, which is a Ghanaian phone number.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.