Information on romance scams and scammers.
#11068 by Acolyte Mon Jun 29, 2009 3:39 am
This shameless scammer contacted me on a dating website claiming to be a Captain in the Marines on active duty in Afghanistan. Why I suspect this is a build-up to a scam is:
- his first couple of emails include a lot of African english "am"s etc, but then his spelling and grammar improve as though someone else may be writing.
- grainy profile photo
- the early mention of him being able to earning a lot of money soon through a "lucrative" business.
- an attempt on the emotions by talking about his wife dying a few years ago and how much his son misses him because he is serving overseas.
- wanting to settle down immediately and have more children.
- how very romantic and attentive he is.
- He has already asked me to pay $240 to a third party for a satellite phone to call him on!

Sure enough, when we exchanged messages by personal email, the IP in his header shows up as: 217.20.240.19 = Zambia

This is my first Romance Scam Thingy and I'd like to say a big *Thank you* to the members of Another Antiscamming Website: :bowdown: PRS, Weare' Miss Drama, B8r & Stepan for your help!

Thank you! Thank you very much!

To view Photo: http://i885.photobucket.com/albums/ac60 ... rson-1.jpg
Advertisement

#11071 by The Enchantress Mon Jun 29, 2009 5:37 am
Welcome to Scamwarners Acolyte. Thank you for posting up this scammer's information.

It will alert and save many from suffering heartbreak and losing money to this scammer.

Well Done :=)

Scammer on this dating site;

http://www.4ppl.com/roger_marine

Birthday: 23.02.1967 Looking for: Woman Relationship: Woman

Language: English

Am an open and sincere personality but can be shy at times...religious and wanting a good woman to fill the void in my heart. I like the out doors and nature, i also like swimming and watching movies.

Photos - are scammers using yours? click here
Are you falling for a love scammer? click here
Never send money by Western Union/Moneygram.
Never give personal information.
Online anyone can claim to be anyone, any age and from anywhere.
#11089 by Ralph Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:09 am
Hi Acolyte

Welcome to Scamwarners

Also a big thank you for taking the time to post up the details of this scammer