Information on romance scams and scammers.
#11265 by Ina Sun Jul 05, 2009 8:01 am
Pls. be very weary. I just been victimised and stupidly send these items w/o checking the person properly.
How Can I be so gullible and believe every word he send me...how there him even use the name of the Lord.

Here is some of the emails I recd.

--- On Sun, 28/6/09, David Ronald <[email protected]> wrote:

Subject: Thank you
To: "Always"
Received: Sunday, 28 June, 2009, 8:30 PM

Hello Honey,

Thanks for you your for the email and am very happy to hear from you my Love..first of all i hope everything is good with you and also you are okay too...my dear please and i beg you in the name of God to send your son to the hospital as soon as possible my dear,he been having this flu and sore for about two week now and you sit down watch him go out my Love..please do your possible best to send him to the hospital okay....please do that for me as is very important to me very well,just send him to the hospital....its Sunday morning here and everything is fine here...Bob is okay and he wanted to talk to you yesterday so i told him i promise he will talk to you when i call you...yes my love about the laptop and phone i will like you to give you the details below so that you can get them for me....

1)Laptop
Satellite P500-ST5801

* Intel® Core™2 Duo Processor P7350
* Genuine Windows Vista® Home Premium (SP1, 64-bit)
* 4GB DDR2 800MHz memory
* 320GB HDD (7200rpm)

2)Phone
Sony Ericsson XPERIA

Please my love do your possible best and let me get this stuff and start work as soon as possible so that i come home early as i don't want to waste much time here at all....i need them to start work earlier too so where ever you get it please get them for me and as i said any how you get them am going to make payment as soon as possible when i come home to you also i need your prayers and support as well to so that i work and get whatever i came here for..God is our only guidance and he is our protector so please pray for me very well..and know in mind that i love you and am ready to marry you so start planing for the in you your life...i will be online so that we can chat online i love you and once again i want you to send your son to the hospital as is the most important my love..have a nice time and stay blessed.
David
Last edited by Ina on Sun Jul 05, 2009 9:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Advertisement

#11268 by The Enchantress Sun Jul 05, 2009 8:35 am
Welcome To Scamwarners Ina. I am sorry to note you have been scammed.

I do not see you as foolish in the slightest. These scammers are professional thieves and prey on our honest and caring instincts.

I am concerned however that you have posted your eMail address in the above post - could you please edit.

Your online safety is our number one priority and this is an open forum.

If you have any questions, concerns or worries, please post and we will be happy to help you in anyway we can.

Transfering Information posted in other thread;

Ina on Sun Jul 05, 2009 1:21 pm
Is the anybody that know any police authority in Ghana, that I may be able to contact early tomorrow. Hopefully I can still stop the delivery of the good to this scammer and returned it back to Sender (me).
Bieng a single working mum , i need to pay back my credit card and my sons schooling. Adding to this, I just been told, I may be let go from my job.

Mr scammer goes by the name - David Roland or Rolands
He asked me to send the goods to the address below"
Mr Prince Solomon stuff
E.M.S Gh. Limited Number
1st asaf-oatsen Nettey street
G.P.O Accra Ghana
I tried calling the Ghana Police w/o any luck. I tried calling EMS Ghana or emailing them, no luck either.
That David guys still calls me, so I guess he hasn't recd the goods yet.
Here is the Picture of supposedly David Ronalds and his son Bob.

edit - typos
Last edited by The Enchantress on Sun Jul 05, 2009 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Photos - are scammers using yours? click here
Are you falling for a love scammer? click here
Never send money by Western Union/Moneygram.
Never give personal information.
Online anyone can claim to be anyone, any age and from anywhere.
#11274 by Ina Sun Jul 05, 2009 9:18 am
Thanks. As far he is concern I told him I'm having doubt about him and that my friends are worried about me.
But I also told him I still believe him and that I hope the goods would rhelp him finalised what ever business he has to.
He did called me and promise he will sort this issue in two weeks time and meet to proove that he is not a scam. and pay me back. Which of course after reading all the scammers posted I don't think its gonna happen.
So that he is not gonna be alerted I also told him I will wait for him and still believed he is honest.
I did said that simply because I'm a bit worry he might show up and do bad things to me and my teenage son.

But I still want to stop the goods and returned to sender if possible for financial reason.

Ina
#11276 by Ralph Sun Jul 05, 2009 9:32 am
Hi Ina

I am very sorry you have been scammed, it happens all too often to people who are just trying to help somebody who they cared for.

I have little good news for you I am affraid but we can prevent you from further loss.

The Ghana police will not help you, if they do take any notice, they will take the details and collect your goods for themselves.

You simply will not get them back.

This man contacting you is a liar and thief, he will continue to lie to you in the hope he may be able to get you to send money, he will make endless promises and assurances as to him being legitimate but these will also be lies.

They have no problem including god in their scams, they actually pray that god will provide them with good people to steal from, they have no conscience or morals whatsoever.

My bigger concerns now are the possibilities of further scams, please do NOT contact the Ghana police, they will not help you, if you wish to notify any authorities the best place to start is in your own country.

Be aware of recovery scams, if anybody tells you they can retrieve your goods, it will be a scammer.

Please send no money or personal details to anybody on the internet.

I truly am sorry for your loss, but I am more interested right now in preventing further loss.

Please feel free to ask any questions you may have and we will answer as best we can
#11300 by Will K Mon Jul 06, 2009 1:34 am
Hello Ina,

I'm afraid Ralph is absolutely correct - the Ghana police will not help, and the scammer is a professional liar and thief. The items you sent cannot be retrieved - I wish they could but thats not the case.

I'm a sweetheart baiter and I go after these low lifes and I also deal with the victims of their scams. I wish for you to do a few things for your own safety:

1. Stop all communication with the scammer and block his number so he can't call you. If necessary get your phone number changed.
2. Block him from your email box and if necessary change your email address.
3. Do not try to retaliate or "bait" the scammer. The scammer has too much personal info on you and quite frankly you're not prepared to deal with the scammer.
4. If the scammer has obtained any financial info on you - credit card number or bank account - you need to cancel or change the account numbers and notify your bank. You haven't mentioned anything about accounts but I'm mentioning this only to cover the important topics.

Ina, you have to realize that this guy is a criminal. He will only lie to you and steal from you if he is given a chance. The best course of action is to break off all contact. This is something you have to do for your own safety and that of your son. I wish to emphasize that it is extremely unlikely the scammer will try to physically hurt you as he has nothing to gain.

Also, as Ralph said "if you wish to notify any authorities the best place to start is in your own country."

Will K

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. - Edmund Burke
#11327 by GomerPyle Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:52 am
He won't let go easily because it's easier for him to go back to someone who has already paid than find a new victim.

I don't mean to make you feel bad but the two things he asked you for are the working tools of a scammer.

The favourite lies they give for needing money are hospital bills for a child or school fees and his next request may possibly be cash.

I got this third mail in from a scammer today

honey i love you, do you love me? if is yes come on i want to marry you, i will do everything you want me to do in oder to see that this money is tranfered to your account. i will be waiting to hear from you so that i will know the day you will come down here.

He thinks I'm a blonde 22 year old Russian model. All he says is lies - and little does he know that all I say is lies too.

Non-EU citizens should go here to find out about obtaining a visa to work as an au pair in the UK
http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/doineedvisa/
Whenever payment is requested by Western Union you're dealing with a scammer
#11343 by Ralph Mon Jul 06, 2009 6:52 pm
For the benefit of those following this thread, I have been communicating with Ina by PM.

She has contacted her local police who (no surprises here) said they could do nothing as no crime has actually been committed here, for all they know the scammer may actually make good with his promise, while we know this will not happen, we have no way to prove otherwise.

Ina has also contacted the postal company she used who have advised that there is a chance of having the goods returned. While I have never heard of this happening, I have not heard of a postal company suggesting that they may be able to return the goods either.

Fingers crossed, lets hope they are right, both for Ina's sake as well as to keep these goods out of the scammers hands.
Last edited by Ralph on Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
#11410 by The Enchantress Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:17 am

#11659 by Johann Meister Wed Jul 15, 2009 8:20 am
Any news in yet? :) Don´t hesitate to post them...be they good or bad. It would help others with the same or similar problem to find out if it can actually help the case asking the shipper to send it back (unlike WU, who just stand and stare...)

Have you googled your chatter´s or "business partner´s" email yet? It might lead you to ScamWarners...
#11662 by The Enchantress Wed Jul 15, 2009 8:56 am
http://www.scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=11652#p11652

by Ina on Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:11 am (partial)
He wasn;t able to get hold of the items. GOOD NEWS! The delivery has been stop and I finally been informed by the authority that Laptop and PDA has been despatch on the wayback to the sender.

Thanks..
ina

#11769 by Ina Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:34 pm
You are right, have been bitten once, twice shy, I become suspicious if the call I recd is really from the Australiapost.
I decided to call the customer service number and gave them the case reference number. Infact checked it twice and verify,and in both occassion was informed that 10/7, they received a fax confirming "Recall" and return to sender has been actioned. I was told the the person that called me was the investigation officer assigned to my case (name) and since this has now be resolve they will now close this job item. They told me to just Check the Online Tracker on the update.I will post update as soon as I got them back.
Ina
#13277 by Ina Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:07 am
To those reading this topic and wants to know the latest.
Yes, I finally got the Laptop and PDA back. Luckily, thanks to Australia International Postal courier fraud investigation team. They were able to recalled the goods in time before it arrived Ghana. What amazed me, it did not even left the Ghana custom, he seems to know already that it had been recalled. It only shows they have connections , from customs to the courier service company.
Anyway He tried asking me that happepened and why did I recalled the goods... Well Like him, I did gave him the same scammmed answerhe has been giving me. I told him I did not recalled it, it was the Federal Police. He asked so many times, same answer.
He said I have the goods, I said no I don't have it and back and forth accusation. I told him if he doesn't want to pay the money I borrowed to buy those items, fine, just don't keep on lying. He seems suddenly change his email tone and said, "OK the Police have it, I will prove to them they are wrong about me, I will show up in 2 weeks time?. If course I know thats a lie. I told him, good, that will help me clear my name too, as I am to is being accused as part of this fraudulent. Thats seems to be the last time I've heard from him.

Since I cannot return them back to the shop, the Laptop I decided to donate it to a genuine ligitimate community service that I do volunteering. Of course I am now the new proud owner of the PDA, that I paid for.
What did I actually lost, except for thre courier fee and some phonecalls...not much. Infact I gain the satisfaction
Knowing that he did not got hold of the Laptop and PDA. For me that is the sweetest victory.
He is probably still wondering what happened, how did he loss this one?
#13278 by Ralph Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:35 am
Hi Ina

Thank you for the update

Great news you got your things back
even better the scammer doesn't have them

Well done
#13281 by Ina Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:09 am
I know that he may still try to contact me, but the difference is I know now he is scammer. Either I ignored him to let him keep on emailing me with silly things.

Since then I recd more emails from him. Yes, all IP is from Ghana.

Flag this messageHiSunday, 2 August, 2009 5:08 AM
From: This sender is DomainKeys verified"David Ronald" <[email protected]>View contact details
To: "Me"

Well am in Brisbane now and want to say how are you and the family as well i will living to the states so i will love to see you in you home so that we can meet okay have a nice time and stay blessed

(not signed)

Oh yes, I did email him back with this.
From -ME
Subject: Re: Hi
To: "David Ronald" <[email protected]>
Date: Monday, August 3, 2009, 11:02 AM

Good luck and all best.

He responded later on with this...
Re: HiT uesday, 4 August, 2009 9:07 AM
From: This sender is DomainKeys verified"David Ronald" <[email protected]>View contact details

That for all that God bless you and have a good luck too Bye.

Still not signed)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
16 days later:
Re: Hi
Thursday, 20 August, 2009 3:31 AM
To: "me"

how much do i owe you so that i can pay you my dear (my name).

(not signed)

Oh yes. this last was also from Ghana.

Don't worry about me. as I said I'm alot smarter now and also i KNOW HE or THEY ARE SCAMMER. If he want to keep wasting time ,thats fine. I dont intend to have an IM with him.