Information on romance scams and scammers.
#79388 by deedee18 Sat Dec 31, 2011 10:40 pm
Ok, here is another one..... General Robert Abrams Paul, birthday 10/13/1962. Claims to have 2 children Tommy birthday 11/16 & Susan birthday 12/10. Had me email a [email protected] regarding Commander R.A. Paul and to request the following:
Hello Commander Sir,
I am writing to you to start the claim process on the benefits for Commander Robert Abrams Paul. He is stationed in Abkur in the 3rd Infantry Battalion. Any information you can send me will be appreciated. Thank you and have a very happy holiday season.
Any money he requests needs to be sent to the following person:
Name....abe adewale
State....ekiti
City.....ikere
Country ....Nigeria
I HAVE PICTURES OF THIS "GENERAL"
Advertisement

#80949 by Teacake Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:16 pm
Hi, I just thought I'd let you know this guy is now on girlsdateforfree website, using the name Johndooley. I haven't been scammed by him, just had a message which to me sounded a bit sucpicious. I googled his email and found a link to this site (I am already on 419)
#83350 by carcar Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:08 pm
He is also going by the name Patrick Hughes, I have not been scammed by him yet but when he asked about the leave and told me how much it cost I googled it and came across your site. I have all the emails and everything from him if your inteested. He sent me three pics of him this one is one of them. Thank god I google everything!
#83398 by Bubbles Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:05 pm
Welcome to ScamWarners carcar. We are pleased you found us and found that this is a scam. There is a real Major General Robert Abrams and the scammers have chosen his name for instant name recognition. The often do this, use an known actual name or a name close that will cause the victim to say "I have heard of that person" and have more credibility.

Thank you for letting us know of this additional information.

Bubbles, former Scamwarners moderator.

Rest in Peace 24 June 2015.

Gone, but never forgotten.
#83827 by carcar Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:24 pm
I think I had scared him because I told him I had a friend in afghanistan and I would find out about this leave, and I would get back to him and he really poored it on. The funny thing is that I really do have a friend over there and she was headed to Kabul and I think that really scared him. He also said he had a son Kelvin 12 years old and when I started questioning him about his son his answers started getting short and further apart. It was quite entertaining to watch him squirm when I interrogated him.
#83828 by Helen Halper Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:30 pm
Welcome to Scamwarners, carcar!
So he was using the name Patrick Hughes to try to scam you? What email address is he using with that name?

#87953 by deedee18 Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:59 pm
I kept talking to this person and he kept asking me for money as soon as I asked him for another picture of him in his uniform with him holding a sign with my name on it he sent me a standard picture I've seen online before and in this picture he is wearing glasses. When I first googled him and saw that this man wore glasses I asked him if he did and he replied no that he did not, so when he sent the latest picture of him wearing glasses I brought up the fact that he told me he said he never wore glasses, well that made him angry and I told him that I knew he was a fraud and I would be warning other women about him. He stated his name was Robert Abrams Paul........
What a hoot!!