Information on romance scams and scammers.
#85102 by Aliceladiva Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:42 pm
He try me send him money for leave request i almost did. but am star to make search about paper he send me with this adreess 93rd ave. Abraham dave Street washington dc. wa usa. with the signature of Lt. Col. Robert gonzales. using this person to receive a money Amy K. Edwards Drive Levitown Pennysyvania 19057.
They Ask for $825. usa. thanks i discover on time he was scammer.

Admin note: Moved here from the Scams Targeting Businesses forum -Jillian
Advertisement

#85107 by Flibble Wed Feb 08, 2012 5:21 pm
Hello Aliceladiva!

I'm so glad you found out he was a lying criminal before sending money. Thank you for posting information about this person. I'm not sure how much you know about romance scams so there's a few things I'd like to say.

- This man is definitely not a soldier in Afghanistan. He has nothing to do with the military or even the United States. He is most probably a young man living in west Africa who has stolen pictures from someone. If you check my signature (bottom bit of this post) you can find links on how to trace where the email was sent from to confirm this.

- Absolutely everything he has told you is a lie except where to send the money. If you have been talking to more than one person (e.g. a senior officer you had to email to arrange his leave) then this is either the same person or one of the scammer's friends.

- It's essential you do not contact this person. I cannot stress this enough. The fact you didn't give him any money means he will leave you alone very quickly once you start to ignore him. They're only interested in money. He will quickly realise he will get nothing from you and leave you alone.

- To help protect other people from this scammer I'd like to ask you to provide any email addresses he has used. Information such as the emails he sent you and the headers of these email (check my signature about this) is also very useful. Please remove any personal information before you do this. This is very important.

If you have any questions please do not hesitate to post.

#160845 by Phoenix15 Sat Apr 06, 2013 4:14 am
Hi,

Thanks for all the posts about sgt Jordan Chris who sent me a friend request today. I have a habit to cross check the info of anyone who send a friend request that I don't know in person. And these posts came across. I still responded to his email add to see if any new story but apparently he had only one LOL. Here's below is his email back to me
to me

"hi Kelly,
Thanks for the mail,Kelly what a nice name you cutie, how i feel and i am more than happy to get this reply from you ,sometimes it sounds to early but its how i feel inside and i am not rushing into anything i love to take my time cos i know more wasn't built in a day and step by step makes it better and i know as each day passes we will get closer ,i feel this connection with you from the first time i saw your profile on the site you caught my eye and glad i said hello ,we have so so much in common and that's a good start and encouragement i will really love to build a relationship with you first we start as friends and we see how things will go for both of us,i just want you to be comfortable with you cos i am with you ,I work for the military force, presently am on a special mission on PEACE MAKING in Kabul Afghanistan,i already spent 2weeks here i have 8weeks left here,i have this Italian American accent i hope you like it ,i just want everything to go right and i pray and hope so,cos all i want in my life is a true woman for me ,we are all scared of falling in love again but we all cant do without being loved ,so i feel i cant always shy away from being in love cos i have been hurt in it ,life is all a risk and i am ready to take this if this is all it takes ,i feel ok with you and thats a good start for us together,i know kids will be considered in this,ever since i lost my ex and my last son in auto crash i live with only my daughter, but presently Kimi lives with my mum and nanny so gives me space ,not easy for a man to take care of kids all to himself ,if you know what i mean and for your boy just let him know i will always take good care of him as my own son,i feel am doing the best.I hope you love kids?
Hope you dont mind if we chat on the MSN so we can get to know the next step for us...i will like to see you really me soonest...
Cares"

Lol, he seems too good to be true. I'm glad I knew about him before he could hurt me. Thanks for your wonderful http://www.scamwarners.com. His new email is [email protected]

Cheers,
Kelly
Last edited by Bubbles on Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:42 am, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Quotations added for clarity.
#362161 by zhanne Sat Apr 14, 2018 3:19 am
At my age i cant believe i fell for this romance scammers. The scammer claimed to deoloyed in Syria. This person was really good because he claimed that he is a widower with a kid and his parents died right after his wife passed away. And damn that was my story, my dad died the next yr of my husband's death. He used empathy and sympathy. Glad i was able to locate this website when i was searching for the address that was in the leave form which was 93rd ave dave washington d. C. And i searched the name where i was supposed to send the money in virginia and the person Stephen Kuchner doesnt look like someone who works in the military. Its a shame but i work as a fraud analyst for a bank in the u. S and i havent noticed the red flags on set. The too good looking soldier, the poor grammar, and pictures that dont match the scenario that scammer was pertaining to. the only regret that i have is i filled out the form and sent it to what he claimed as commander henry david. So when they asked me to pay thru western union it raised the flag. And i found this website. That person even created an email for his "child" and have me chat with supposed to be the kid. How can i report this person and hopefully all of them will be caught.
#362172 by Mike Wilson Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:59 am
Hello zhanne and welcome to Scamwarners.

I am happy to hear the you discovered the scam before you sent money to this criminal. Unfortunately he is most likely located in Western Africa which makes it very difficult to locate and prosecute the person running the scam.
Please post a copy of the emails, including all email addresses and telephone numbers used in this scam. This information will help others to discover the scam before losing money.

B sure to remove your personal information be fore posting.

It is ALWAYS a scam
If the pet seller or shipper asks for money to be sent via Western Union, Money Gram, any brand of gift card. Walmart To Walmart , Zelle , PayPal friends and family option, or mentions Cameroon
#362178 by zhanne Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:21 pm
He is using a name James Flores. The email add he provided as his kid's nanny is [email protected].. the email add for his fake commander henry david is [email protected].. he did not provide any phone numbers but the person who will suppose to receive the money was Stephen Kuchner in Norfolk Virginia. We met in an online app Single Parents and we just chat via hangout. If u can tell me how to post the pics he ia using for others to be notified.

Below is the reply of the said commander via gmail..
The leave form couldnt be copied but its pre signed by a certain General Lloyd Austin.

Hide quoted text

---------- Forwarded message ---------
Date: Thu, Apr 12, 2018, 9:44 PM
Subject: Re: Leave of Absence Request for James Flores
To:

​MADAM FILL THIS FORM BEFORE 72 HOURS AND GET BACK TO ME.