Information on romance scams and scammers.
#351947 by Bryon Williams Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:20 pm
Diplomats do not deal with citizens.

Diplomats do not carry mail, documents or boxes.

It is a scam.

Post his emails to you. This will help others.

Remove your personal information from the emails prior to posting.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
Advertisement

#374945 by Moates4 Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:22 am
About 3 weeks ago, I met this guy named Cintara Maloney on Instagram. He was following some of the people I follow. His english seemed really crappy and the lack of photos really showed reg flags to me. Anyway, he was really nice and sweet and I wasn’t looking for anyone because I have a boyfriend and told him so. He got it into his head that we should be together, completely ignoring my remarks about my boyfriend. Recently, he has said he found a huge sum of money while on patrol in Kabul. Him and 4 other personnel planned to split it but can’t keep it there because of his general. He asked for my name, email, and address and said the courier service can ship it to me. I looked all over the internet before I found this website and now im convinced this is a complete scam on his part. Any way I can report him?
#383642 by Leendert Lettink Tue Apr 02, 2019 7:55 am
So, im a male, 35 years old, and found "love" on the Neenbo chat app.
Turns out i am talking to a female soldier, whose name i shall disclose later on, after ive been succesfull in verifying wether this was a scam or not, but in reading the stories posted up here, i suspect im also almost a victim to a scam...

This female soldier i contacted on the app would be stationed in somewhere in afghanistan, and after some initial talks, i was told that she loved me and that she wants to be with me (which is still going on as we speak).

After 3 weeks of talking she told me she was looking for a man to be in a relationship with, and that she would love to come visit me when her duty was fulfilled.

She had sent some photo's of herself in military outfit and because of my interest in occultism specificly astrology and psychology, i had asked her for her birth date and birth place and birth time so i could verify her psychology to a certain degree, and so far it was fitting, as something that military people have a lot in common in their natal birth chart is the position of Mars in Cancer.
With all the other information i got out of her birth chart with regards to her psychology, everything fits the date, as she reacts and behaves in a way that is the same as the person that is described in the birth chart...
This part cannot be faked as there are too many variables in someones psychology to be able to fake it.

I was even having a very short videoconversation with her, "she had to see wether i was real" and could verify with my own eyes that the woman who was holding the phone was the woman from the pictures...

Now, she plans on coming here, but already had sent her bags using a delivery service called Zendercart, which would be stationed in Afghanistan. She had deposited a 1000 $ and was lacking a 550 $ to have it sent over to my place, which i paid, because 550 $ would be something i could miss, even if i had thrown it away and would never see it again or would have it exchanged for a bag of rocks. The money was paid through Western Union, after i was contacted by that specific delivery service, who sent me a digital pamphlet as well with regards to the transaction.

Im still keeping in touch with this person, as it might be real, but in reading the stories up here i start to doubt.
The bags supposedly have been sent and are waiting at the customs at the airport, but require a fee of 3550$ to be transported here to my place, and that is exactly where i start to doubt. First of all i dont feel like i have to take responsibility to pay for someone elses cargo, and second of all, now i start to see where this might be a scam and how, namely; either bags arrive filled with garbage or stones, or the persona called M**** H******** doesnt even exist and im just paying money to some smart computerguy who gets rich of these kinda scams...

Its 2nd of April now, the irony is that the bill of 3550$ arrived on 1 st of April, aka April-Fools-day, and the said female soldier would arrive the 14th of april, and is really pushy about me paying the bill so the bags with "valuables" as she calls it will arive safely at my house. Thats where it starts to be awkward to me, as its as safe in customs as it is in my place.

I would care to hear your opinions on this, as i do see some similarities with the scams perpetrated up here in the stories of people.
I was willing to risk a 500$ loss on someone ive never actually met, but most certainly my pink cloud wont take me high enough to become detached from reality enough to be willing to loose 3550$ on a potential scam. :laugh-s:
In the last message ive sent ive asked her to write my name on a piece of paper, and take a pic and send it to me, as some sort of extra verification that she even exists.

Whats your thoughts on this?
#383651 by AlanJones Tue Apr 02, 2019 8:41 am
The package doesn't exist and you are not talking to the woman in the photos, but most likely a young west African male.

The real person in the photos is very likely the person that you think you videochatted with, but in reality, it was a pre-recorded video that has been downloaded from a news site or similar and the scammer has just got someone to provide the audio during the call.

Also, your idea of getting a picture of the woman holding a piece of paper with your name on won't prove anything. The scammer may have access to a picture of the real woman holding a sign that he can photoshop to look like she is showing your name.

The best thing for you to do is to block them and stop responding. Don't accuse them of being scammers, they will just try to deny it.

Please also help other victiims by posting full details of the fake soldier and the courier company.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.