Information on romance scams and scammers.
#85660 by Singsong Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:31 pm
Hi I am new here. I was on this online dating Asiafuns.com and was contacted by this man claiming to be US Sergeant station in Afganistan and will be retiring soon and pictures were enclosed. The messages were so romantic for about 3 weeks until yesterday I got his email saying that while on rescue mission operation near the Pakiston border they found hugh sum of money and they decided to share amongst the 3 officers and the amounts to 2.2 million each and asking if the money can be sent to me via 'UNITED NATIONS AIR CARGO DIPLOMATIC COURIER SERVICE".

When I did an IP search the address is from Redmont, Washington and I google "United Nations Air Cargo Diplomatic Courier Serice" and it is a scam. I sent him an email saying that I am sorry I cannot help him. I feel lucky that I stop at this stage.

I was really falling in love with this man but I suppose he didn't know that his pictures were being used by scammer.

Thank you for having this site to let me post the scam here.
Advertisement

#85666 by Bubbles Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:04 am
Welcome to ScamWarners Singsong. It is great that you trusted your instincts and searched to see if the story you were being told was true. I am glad your search lead you here to help confirm it was a scammer you were dealing with.

I hope you have stopped all communication with him as everything he says is a lie. All he ever wanted was to set you up for the "pay off" and the money he could take from you.

Will you please post up the email address he was writing from? It helps others who are searching like you did. Also if you have any of the early email messages, that will help, as will listing the name he is using.

Bubbles, former Scamwarners moderator.

Rest in Peace 24 June 2015.

Gone, but never forgotten.
#86381 by Singsong Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:47 am
I can't believe that this scammer sent me a reply after the fact that I sent him a reply on Feb 11 that I cann't receive the US$2.2 million and may be he can ask him family. Then on Feb 16 he sent me a message which I am going to post. It is showing the time I received was 10:58 my time (Eastern Time) but when I press reply (don't worry I won't reply to this person or organization again) the time shown was sent 07:58 am. It is being sent from the West Coast like I found the IP address from Seattle. Below is the message and you can see the grammars and spellings are really bad. Should have found out earlier but when you think you are in love you always overlook a lot of things.

"Thanks for your reply? Hope all is well with you today? My love, I want you to be able to safeguard this money till I come over to meet you because my cousin in London cannot be able to safeguard this money and my son Henry is still underage. My other colleagues involve in this matter has already makes arrangements to send their own share of the money through their wives, and since I do not have a wife you are the only person who can trust with this money. remember I told you that I am the only remaining son and my younger sisters are married but we don’t keep in touch often and my parents are very very old at the moment and can not be able to understand me or safeguard this huge amount of money for me till I return home next month…

Sweetie, you are the only person remaining now, whom I can trust with this money, I also want to use this opportunity to thank you for your comments to my previous mail to you… please I want you to receive this money and I will be coming over to meet you immediately after you receive our money in your hand. I am not here to mock or play funs with you please. I am American soldier, Listen honey I am intelligence officer at that so I have 100% authentic means of transferring the money through diplomatic means to you without any hitch. I am a uniformed man and I cannot be parading such an amount here in Afghanistan for a long time.

My share is two million two hundred thousand dollars, ($2,200.000.00)

I believe that to love someone is to understand each other, to laugh together, to smile with your heart and to trust one another. Listen let me tell you from the first day I met you I know that we are destined to be together and my heart never deceives me. I have already build my love and entire life around you so I see you as part of me and I part of you But I have to be sincere and open to you. You know it's not easy for me to have trusted you so much in a way that I decide to send this money through you. I really know what it takes but my heart is very strong that you will never fail or disappoint me and like I said before that your presence in my life brings wonderful smiles, joy, happiness, good luck and loving thoughts within my heart

I believe with this blessing from God we will be happy together and that have been my prayers to settle down in a peaceful and happy way and God have just answered my prayers. I know you will be very surprised when I tell you about this matter but I want you to know that the ways of God is different from men, so let us see this as a blessing and for us to establish our future. I love you so much. I really appreciate your coming into my life and for sure nothing can let me stop loving you. You have completely changed my life with lovely kind and I always thank God almighty for he bringing you into my life, you are really a very lucky woman and this is even the first sign to show that am with a lucky woman.

Honey I trust you that is why I want to send this money to you, I know its might sound weird but trust me with the bonds of love I know there is no time difference in getting to know someone before trusting him or her for all comes from the heart. I think this is a big prospect for you and me, Thank you for making me the proudest man alive to have you.

This is gift sent from almighty God for me and you. I want to re-assure you that this delivery will be 100% risk free as it will be covered from any act of inquiry from whatsoever, so please don’t be frightened at all you are completely safe with me, because this delivery will be successfully registered in your name as my wife personal use items and the package will be delivered to you successfully.

Please kindly send to me these information below to enable me register the package with (UNITED NATION DIPLOMATIC COURIER SERVICE) in your name and I am going to register it as my wife personal use items and the package will be delivered to you at your house or office address successfully.

(1) Your full name
(2) Your direct telephone number
(3) Your home or office address, where you wish to receive the packages in person
(4) A copy of your International Passport or Driver's License for proper identification

I will be waiting for your positive reply to enable me proceed and dispatch it immediately without any more delay. Please my dear you have to keep this to your self for now for security reasons...Attached is my identification card to enable you know whom your dealing with.

I love you so much and will always love you, forever yours, Sgt. Bill Warren,"
#86407 by Dotti Sat Feb 18, 2012 3:22 pm
It is not uncommon for these scammers to ignore what you actually write, and simply continue with their scripted emails if you respond at all. They have sent the same initial message to many people, and out of that group, are hoping to find a few that will buy into their scam.

Chances are it was not actually sent from Seattle--it was more likely sent from somewhere in Africa or Malaysia, and the IP you see is probably a proxy. The grammar is definitely African, not American.

Need to post photos? http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
Are you a victim of a romance scam? Read here for advice and FAQ's.
#88584 by txgal Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:04 pm
I was scammed by a soldier in south africa - went as far as to say he was peace keeping in Capetown at an orphanage. I truly believed him until he told me to contact the army for more time on the internet to talk on the phone. Stupid me did it and they sent me a form to fill out. Then I go an email back asking for money. At that point I new it was a scam. This guy was so smooth. His name was Kevin Young. I met him on JumpDate.com which claims to be a scam free site. Bullshit. There are alot of scammers on there. His words were so poetic and sincere and what I found suspicious was when he would IM me his spelling was very bad, but when he would email me he spelled very well. When I realized it was a scam I googled some of the words he had written and found the same words from another scam... this is what it said.

Thank you for believing in me when I could see no light. Thank you for picking me up when I fell and for kissing the tears off of my face. Thank you for giving me the freedom to tell you how I feel without feeling scared of your reaction.

Please beware - his name on jumpdate.com is kevinsmiles and his yahoo address is [email protected]
#125590 by louany Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:11 am
Hi everyone

I have been scammed by a US Soldier named Ben Murray Bruce. Be careful he did use flirtomatic.co.uk. he made me believe hie has a late wife died from cancer and his son is raised by his mom. his facebook page content only pics of him at the army, no personnel ones and his friends, random girls picked up through the dating site. I should have react as that time !! One of them contacting me to warm me that he's a scam. he does use this address [email protected], [email protected], [email protected].
I cant port any pic of him but if this name ring a bell please you can contact me for his pictures used.
#125591 by louany Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:12 am
Hi everyone

I have been scammed by a US Soldier named Ben Murray Bruce. Be careful he did use flirtomatic.co.uk. he made me believe he has a late wife died from cancer and his son is raised by his mom. his facebook page content only pics of him at the army, no personnel ones and his friends, random girls picked up through the dating site. I should have react as that time !! One of them contacting me to warm me that he's a scam. he does use this address [email protected], [email protected], [email protected].
I cant post any pic of him but if this name ring a bell please you can contact me for his pictures used.
#125746 by mkhadija Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:29 pm
"Leonard Handy" is the US solider in Afghanistan that has been telling me everything I want to hear for the last 10 days. I was suspicious from day one and called him a fake right away. Now I have the proof I needed and I just confronted him and told him that I would report him. What sucks is that he contacted me on a marriage website that I am paying to be a member of! He was such a con artist, I am so glad to be relieved of him and his shenanigans.

[email protected] and his fake daughter email too
[email protected]

what a joker!
#125814 by Dotti Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:09 am
Welcome to both of you.

First of all, I want to make sure both of you understand that you were never dealing with an American soldier or with any member of the US military. The person writing you is a young African man, likely from Nigeria or Ghana, who has absolutely no connection to the US military or to the person in the photos.

The thief has merely copied photos of a real soldier, from a news story, biography, or even the soldier's own facebook or myspace page. He saved the photos to his own hard drive, so even if the real person has now cut off access to that page (many soldiers now know their photos have been stolen and have restricted access), the soldier can continue to reuse them. The "Handy" photos have been in use for quite some time (and the scammer almost always uses a name with "Handy" in it because he has a few photos of the real soldier in uniform--and the name "Handy" is on the uniform.)

Unfortunately, scammers take advantage of free trials or use stolen credit card information to gain access to the paid sites, because they know people are a little less likely to be suspicious, and are more likely to be looking for a serious relationship--something the scammer needs if he wants to get a significant amount of money.

For both of you--if you have not done so already, please cut off all contact with this scammer.

Need to post photos? http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
Are you a victim of a romance scam? Read here for advice and FAQ's.
#125879 by mkhadija Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:31 pm
Thank you. I just wanted to list the Facebook Names this guy is usind. I have reported them all to Facebook:

Handy Illescas
Anthony Handy
David Handy
Washington Handy
Handy Thomas
Handy Roy
Leonard Handy
Handy More
Williams Brian Handy
Anthony Handy
Robinson Handy
Antony Handy
Handy Smith

All of them are using these same "Handy" Photos. I addition to Face book I have found him on two marriage sites, and reported him to both!

#314629 by Sha_07 Fri Dec 16, 2016 7:57 am
Hi,

This is 100% true that soldiers scam in Afghanistan because I was talking to a women a few days ago she was saying she is US soldier and now she is in Afghanistan for peace keeping mission now she said she got injured in bomb blast by Taliban, she saying she want to go to her home she wants to take a leave she said she need her documents to submit in military office to take leave at last she asked me to help her she said her paper have in Indonesia shan want me to take that papers and her luggage from Indonesia whatever charges will come I will have to pay for that when she receive her documents and luggage she will paid me,
Then I thought now she is in Afghanistan How could this happen? When she went to Indonesia? Why she submitted her documents in Indonesia?
Then I searched in Google what is UN delivery diplomats company then I got this is big scam she send me this email [email protected]

So brother and sisters means to say don't fall in love with stranger in a week and don't make serious relationship and don't trust until you don't know them properly.

Thanks
#317806 by Rica Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:41 pm
Hi. I got the friend request from Francis Edward. According to the Facebook status he lives in Kabul Afghanistan and widowed. I accepted it since we have mutual friends.

He wrote me as follows:

We texted via messenger for a while and all of a sudden he seemed to deactivate Facebook. A few days later, he texted again, the content is as follows:

Honey, I'm so sorry that have to block you and block my Facebook too. We have a problem here in the camp, There was a bomb blast here in Kabul and many people had died. The terrorist say that they are coming for us here in the camp, And they have been tracking our system. So we have to format our system and refresh everything. And Have to block my facebook so that you cannot get into any problems. Please honey i want you to always delete our chat after we chat ok. I love you so much honey and i don't wanna lose.

I have something every important to discuss with you and to do with you and i will like it to be SECRET between us and nobody again should know about it only me and you. but I wanna know something CAN I TRUST YOU? The things I wanna discuss with you is my life, so important to me as you. So if you assure me of your trust, I will tell you all details and with that, you can be very sure that I wanna marry you. Honey. I love you and i miss you so much. Looking forward to your reply

How are you dearest. I am happy for the confident you have given me. I believe i have someone like you, who will never disappoint me. My dear, you are my future hope and I trust you as my wife. Please make sure this matter is secret if you really love me and want the best for me. This is what I want you to do for me now is very important...

Actually I have about US$1.5 Million Dollars (usd$1,500,000,000) in cash with a security company in Afghanistan and 2 sets of gold. This money I got it as my reward in service by Afghanistan government to support me for my Good job in their land. Right now, I want to move this money out to you so you can receive it, and keep the money for me, Until i finish my mission here in a month time... You can take 10% of the money when you receive it, for your up keep...

As you know because of the crisis problem here in Afghanistan, i cannot move such big amount of money by bank or western union? I want to move out this money to you by Courier diplomatic immunity delivery service company, so you can receive it as luggage at your current home address, where nobody will know about the delivery to you...

In other to move the money all you need to do now is to send me (1) Your full name (2) Your full address (3) Your phone number (4) Email address, So i can start all the sending arrangement and when it's completed i will update you the date and time of the departure of the diplomat. And everything you need to know. Reply immediately...

Honey, Thanks for the Information, I'm pleased with you. I will now forward your name, address and phone number to Diplomatic office here to start the making arrangement. As soon as The Diplomatic Office is done with the processing of sending arrangement, I will let you know the exact date and time the Diplomat will depart here and every other necessary information. Please always take good care of yourself for me I miss you so much darling. i will be back soon

It's better to keep the money in your current home, I don't want anyone else to know about this delivery that's why i told to keep this a secret my dear. I think it's gonna be more safe at home. Thanks again my dear, God Bless You kisses and hugs

How are you doing today my darling wife. I trust you so much as my life and i believe you will never break my heart. God will bless you, for helping me, I owe you everything in this world. you're my life.

I promise to make you and your family happier all the days of your life. With the oath i took as a soldier to defend and protect my country, I uphold the same oath, I will protect and cherish you with the last drop of my blood.

My darling. God has created you only for me, because he knows I need you more than anything in the whole world.

Actually, I wanna let you know, I have submitted your name, address and phone number to the security company for the process of urgent delivery of the consignment to your home address right in your door steps, and will inform you on the next step immediately the delivery date is announced to me,

I will let you know the exact date and time the Diplomat will depart here and every other necessary information you will need to know, and again, Make sure this delivery is secretly, never discussed it with anyone till you receive the parcel. Please take good care of yourself, and don't forget to include me in your daily prayers. God bless you

Hi honey, please carefully go through this message. I just receive information from Diplomatic Courier Office now, they finally concluded all arrangement of sending my fund luggage to you over there and the luggage is completely sealed.

Steven Williams is the courier agent whom will be traveling on Sunday 22/01/2017, arriving Indonesia on Monday morning 23/01/2017 on transit and will later arHoney, Thanks for the Information, I'm pleased with you. I will now forward your name, address and phone number to Diplomatic office here to start the making arrangement. As soon as The Diplomatic Office is done with the processing of sending arrangement, I will let you know the exact date and time the Diplomat will depart here and every other necessary information. Please always take good care of yourself for me I miss you so much darling. i will be back soon

It's better to keep the money in your current home, I don't want anyone else to know about this delivery that's why i told to keep this a secret my dear. I think it's gonna be more safe at home. Thanks again my dear, God Bless You kisses and hugs

How are you doing today my darling wife. I trust you so much as my life and i believe you will never break my heart. God will bless you, for helping me, I owe you everything in this world. you're my life.

I promise to make you and your family happier all the days of your life. With the oath i took as a soldier to defend and protect my country, I uphold the same oath, I will protect and cherish you with the last drop of my blood.

My darling. God has created you only for me, because he knows I need you more than anything in the whole world.

Actually, I wanna let you know, I have submitted your name, address and phone number to the security company for the process of urgent delivery of the consignment to your home address right in your door steps, and will inform you on the next step immediately the delivery date is announced to me,

I will let you know the exact date and time the Diplomat will depart here and every other necessary information you will need to know, and again, Make sure this delivery is secretly, never discussed it with anyone till you receive the parcel. Please take good care of yourself, and don't forget to include me in your daily prayers. God bless yourive Japan on Tuesday 24/01/2017 and immediately contact you on phone.

When diplomat arrived Indonesia, he will do all clearance of the luggage from the airport Authority and move to Japan immediately.

Honey do not disappoint or betray me when you receive this luggage fuHoney, Thanks for the Information, I'm pleased with you. I will now forward your name, address and phone number to Diplomatic office here to start the making arrangement. As soon as The Diplomatic Office is done with the processing of sending arrangement, I will let you know the exact date and time the Diplomat will depart here and every other necessary information. Please always take good care of yourself for me I miss you so much darling. i will be back soon

I will let you know the exact date and time the Diplomat will depart here and every other necessary information you will need to know, and again, Make sure this delivery is secretly, never discussed it with anyone till you receive the parcel. Please take good care of yourself, and don't forget to include me in your daily prayers. God bless yound because I believe and trust you so much. Follow all instructions from Steven when he arrived there to ensure he get out of airport with the luggage without difficulties.

Honey you must not tell this to anybody as I warned you earlier, keep it top secret between you and me for our safety, safety of the money and especially for the safety of our precious career. Don't delete this message so that you can remember the dates ok.

All my life I will keep loving you. God bless you, Kisses and hugs

Those are what I got from "Francis Edward".
As you may know, I told him my name, address, phone number and email address.

And the guy Steven, the agent of "diplomat courier service" asked me to transfer $2000 via Western Union to the exemption of the luggage check in Indonesia. I believed him at this point so I sent it.

Then another mail came saying he still was in Jakarta airport and the luggage was now at the Japanese brunch of UN in the airport in Indonesia. He needed to attach UN yellow tag and anti terrorist certificate, costs approximately $4500. Now I'm skeptical this is a scam.

What I am really worrying now is I already told them my address and phone number that might bring me other troubles in the future.

I'd like to get advices.
Will the money I transfer be back? (I guess not).
How to deal with them from now. They know my infos.

Hope this will help anyone who have the same experience.
#340658 by LaRanchera Tue Oct 03, 2017 1:21 pm
Wow! I almost fell into the same trap. Mine was a friends request from an Eric Forsty on Facebook. He asked me to use Whatsapp instead. The chatter quickly turned from general banter to love-letter type emails, with very seductive language, and lots of Honey, sweetie, and I love you's. Plenty of you are the one for me, and a similar story of being alone for a long time with a son in Alabama AF academy. He said he was retiring and sent my an MPL (form for recognition of 30+ years of military service) and that's where he made his mistake. Even though the photos are the same as the FB site, the name was different (Eric Greg) and the form was not authentic (I checked the form out on the OPM site.) He asked me to help him return from Afganistan by pre-paying his freight to a company called United States UN Delivery Company (United Nations Diplomatic Delivery Services) with a contact name of Edomoswan Nosa. When I told him I couldn't, he threw a tirade at me about not trusting, loving, etc. Now he has contacted me again and asked me to wire the payment via RIA. They don't give up, do they? Thanks to all of you potential victims for sharing your stories.