Information on romance scams and scammers.
#88155 by AlanJones Thu Mar 01, 2012 3:56 am
This scammer claims to be a US soldier based in Afghanistan.

Hi..thanks for your email....yes you got the email address right....I am a colonel of the US army...I am presently in Kabul Afghanistan,I have been here for the past 2 years,I have two lovely daughter age 10 and 8,they are staying with their aunt in the states....I lost their mom to cancer some years back....I am looking forward to a trustworthy,loving and caring woman....a woman that will love me for who I am and not my worth....I think this is a few about me....hope we can chat soon so we can get to know much about ourselves and ask questions....I will like to know more about you too and what you do for a living....hope to read from you soon...take care and bye for now.
Steve.

The scammer also uses the email addresses [email protected], [email protected] and [email protected].

As part of his scam he gives the email address [email protected] as an address for the victim to write to to request leave for him.

He has had profiles on connecting.singles.com where his usernames were steven1964 and Stevoo1964. These profiles have now been deleted.

He has used the following photos in his scams.

A search of Social Networking sites using his email address, gives the following results.

Facebook profile uid 100000052341328 with the name Stephen Olorunfemi the profile is set to private and all his friends except 1 are from Nigeria.

PerfSpot profile - http://www.perfspot.com/profile.asp?uid ... 12289485DC

steve Femi
Male, 21

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
Advertisement

#88179 by AlanJones Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:22 am
Email received from the scammer with IP address of 41.206.12.16 -

ipTRACKERonline.com wrote:Header Analysis Quick Report
Originating IP: 41.206.12.16
Originating ISP: Mtn Nigeria
City: Abuja
Country of Origin: Nigeria
* For a complete report on this email header goto ipTRACKERonline

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#221720 by khloé Sun Oct 05, 2014 5:34 pm
This is the real scammer. His name: Olugbenga Timothy Bobade.

How can we legally proceed against this man?

Last edited by Bryon Williams on Mon Oct 06, 2014 1:01 am, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Watermarked photo.