Information on romance scams and scammers.
#91037 by AlanJones Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:06 am
This scammer claims to be the US General Carter Ham, but he has no knowledge of where the real Carter Ham has been stationed.

He uses Skype to approach his victims, with the Skype ID carter_f

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
Advertisement

#92975 by AlanJones Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:39 am
Here is an excerpt of a chat with the scammer

Carter.F Ham (28.03.2012 23:04:04): honey are u sure u can receive the 10million am sending?
XXX (28.03.2012 23:04:20): i dont know - i have to think about first how
Carter.F Ham (28.03.2012 23:04:44): ok good
Carter.F Ham (28.03.2012 23:05:55): because 5million for the house and u will keep the balance when i come we will plan on what to do with it.but if u have any other thing to do with money u let me know okay?
XXX (28.03.2012 23:06:06): yes its ok
Carter.F Ham (28.03.2012 23:06:22): good thats my baby

Here is his profile picture for his Yahoo account

And here is one of the emails he sends

What a wonderful beginning to a new year! It began some weeks back -- me finding you, chatting online, confessing my love, Only this time, I am free to act on them without fear of upsetting anyone.

Thank you, XXX. What more can a man say to the woman who opened her heart to him, allowing him to feel the warmth of her love across the great distance that separates them? You truly have no idea what I feel for you.

I try to put this feeling into words, but fail miserably. This feeling of being both scared and at peace, of having both butterflies and a sense of calm, is a feeling that I have only dreamed about. As the days continue to pass, my love for you continues to grow. I never thought I had the capacity to love anybody as much as I love you right now. Yet, my love for you continues to mature, growing beyond the realm of my heart. It seems that you have become the fiber of my soul, the very reason for my existence.

I have no other words to describe the way you make me feel. No words, no actions could even come close. I believe that Ronald Regan said it best to Nancy in a letter, telling her only that, "I more than love you". Their love was a strong love, surviving everything, even death. I believe that even after his passing, Nancy felt Ronald's love for her raining down upon her. That is why she has always seemed at peace after the death of such a truly loving husband. That is the love that I feel for you.

yours forever

Gen.Carter.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#93171 by AlanJones Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:27 am
Another email from the scammer

HELLO MY LOVELY WIFE HOW ARE YOU DOING.....??? AM SO SORRY FOR THE SILENCE IT WAS DUE TO THE NATURE OF MY JOB BUT I WILL TRY MY POSSIBLE BEST TO WRITE YOU A BETTER EMAIL TOMORROW, BUT HONEY PLEASE DO KINDLY SEND ME A LOVELY EMAIL TO KEEP ME GOING TOMORROW OKAY?HOPE THE BABY IS DOING GREAT.LOVE YOU MY SUNSHINE....MUAAAAAAAAAAAH!
YOUR LOVE
GEN.CARTER.F

#98332 by AlanJones Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:36 am
HONEY SURE YOU DOING GREAT AM VERY SORRY FOR THE LATE REPLY AS HAVE BEEN AWAY ON A SPECIAL ASSIGNMENT AND HAD NO TIME TO COME ON THE COMPUTER....AM VERY PLEASED TO READ YOUR MAIL AND ALSO VERY IMPRESSED ON HOW YOU WENT FOR THE ENQUIRES ABOUT THE HOUSE..I HAVE SENT YOUR EMAIL TO MY BARRISTER.BARRISTER WILLIAM FRANCIS PEPPER .I BELIEVE HE WILL CON TACT YOU IN NO TIME.LOVE YOU ALWAYS MY QUEEN.I WILL FIND TIME TO COME ON SKyPE..YOU CAN ALSO DROP ME YOUR NUMBER SO I CAN CALL YOU....HERE IS MY ID.LOVE AND MISS YOU SO SO MUCHHH.MUAAAAAAH!

ipTRACKERonline.com wrote:Header Analysis Quick Report
Originating IP: 197.251.173.236
Originating ISP: Ghana Telecom
City: Accra
Country of Origin: Ghana
* For a complete report on this email header goto ipTRACKERonline

#98528 by AlanJones Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:22 am
The fake barrister William Fancis [email protected] writes

Dear Mrs.XxxHam

THIS IS BARRISTER WILLIAM FRANCIS PEPPER BASED IN NEW YORK UNITED STATES OF AMERICA.YOUR HUSBAND GEN.CARTER F. HAM ASK ME TO CONTACT YOU CONCERNING HIS CONSIGNMENT BOXES.
I WILL LIKE YOU TO CONFIRM YOUR IDENTITY TO ME BY SENDING ME A COPY OF YOUR ID CARD OR INTERNATIONAL PASSPORT AFTER WHICH I WILL LET YOU KNOW THE NEXT STEP TO TAKE ABOUT HE CONSIGNMENT BOXES.

Barrister William Pepper
575 Madison Avenue, Suite 1006
New York, New York
(New York Co.)

#99624 by donna7220 Wed May 02, 2012 5:43 pm
I too, have been approached by "general Carter Ham", guess I'm lucky - have already been stung by another operator on another dating site. Am thinking its not hard to spot once you know what to look for. It seems as though scammers either can't spell or don't speak English well.
#129671 by Nathalie Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:07 pm
Hi Everyone
I have just registered here as I had a skype contact just this afternoon from someone saying he was looking for someone and found my id and I had mistakenly added him to my contacts

He claims to be General Carter Ham serving in Afghanistan, I looked him up quickly and asked him his birthday; he said the same date as reported on time but took some time to respond.

I have not been scammed before but I looked up the name on google as it seemed highly unlikely that a US Major would be contacting an average middle aged (44) yr old woman in UK.

I then found this site and thought I'd report the messages, hope it is ok to do that.

[15:57:45] nathalie: hello
[15:57:47] nathalie: smile
[15:57:52] carterham: hi
[15:58:04] nathalie: I was just wondering why you asked me to add you to contacts
[15:58:15] nathalie: I mean like out of the blue
[15:58:34] nathalie: It intrigues me
[15:58:56] carterham: anyway i m was, looking for an old friend of mine when, i saw your contact, i hope dont mind
[15:59:08] nathalie: Is that you in the picture
[15:59:28] carterham: sure
[15:59:29] nathalie: or someone I should recognise,
[15:59:30] nathalie: lol
[15:59:40] nathalie: phewe
[16:00:18] carterham: what about you, dont you have any pictures of yours
[16:01:51] nathalie: I hate pics of me
[16:01:55] carterham: well i m new here on skype
[16:02:00] nathalie: welcome
[16:02:01] carterham: but why?
[16:02:07] nathalie: I'm ugly]
[16:02:17] carterham: really?
[16:02:23] nathalie: yea
[16:02:32] carterham: ahahahahahahahahaha
[16:02:40 | Edited 16:02:42] carterham: i dont think so, my dear
[16:02:42] nathalie: if you sent your em address Id show you
[16:02:46] nathalie: you don't know
[16:02:50] nathalie: you didn't even see
[16:04:13] carterham: anyway i m general carter ham from, united states of american but currently in afghanistan, regards to the ungoing peace, keeping mission, here in kabul i don know if you must have heard about me before
[16:04:26] nathalie: smile
[16:04:52] carterham: tell me what is, your real name?
[16:05:14] nathalie: this is my real name
[16:05:21] nathalie: soo when is your birthday
[16:05:25] carterham: oh i see
[16:06:26] carterham: my birthday is on the 16th of, february
[16:06:31] carterham: what about yours?
[16:06:36] nathalie: ooh so you use google too?
[16:06:41] nathalie: smile
[16:06:46] nathalie: December 16th
[16:07:29] nathalie: sorry I don't mean to be sceptical
[16:08:09] nathalie: but it's kind of unusual for a USA army major to be using skype to speak to a normal average Mrs Doe in UK
[16:08:50] nathalie: hello?
#232997 by Grunt Sun Jan 04, 2015 5:44 pm
http://meetup2.com/viewmembercont/index/14859

smartharry
Online now
51 year old male
Seeking a woman for long term relationship
Ethnicity: Native American
City: quebec
Marital status: Single
Children: No
Want children: Undecided
Interests: I want to meet my dream woman
Education: Graduate degree

About smartharry
Am smart harry a USA army officer am a faithful person.i have one son who lives with my care taker but the government looks after him.i really like him a lot and also proud of my CARE taker as well because he was the one who took care of my son .

Hello thank you for your replies,Bellow Is my email [email protected],I would like you to tell me about yourself in details,I hope to hear from you soon.
#233002 by Grunt Sun Jan 04, 2015 7:12 pm
inbox messages :laugh-s:
Am Really Interested In You.How are you today...??? I pray you are doing great...! I read your Very interesting profile,which I enjoyed very much. You sound very sincere and special. If possible, I would love to get to know you.I decided dating site because of the loneliness time I experience last year until now, I pray things work out...
hello I acne see you are online
Talk to me I am here I just got back from patrol,just took my boys out for patrol and needed to take some rest but I am glad you are here.you can check your mail on here you will see that I have sent you my email where you can write me any time any day........